British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Havvy's on BikerFM tonight, talking about Bomber - amongst other things!!

Not sure if he's in the studio or on the phone from his Poole holiday home??!! :rofl::D

Any indications of where he will spend 2014?

Any indications of where he will spend 2014?

I know where i'd like him to spend it.

Sarjeant signs for Storm., as expected. To anyone thinking he'll be a weak signing - double the track time can only help him improve faster. Excited for him.

• Like 5

I know where i'd like him to spend it.

Well, you can hardly send him to Coventry.. :D

• Like 4

Slightly further would be nice.

• Like 2

Been on the sherry blu? that was pretty sharp... ;)

• Like 1

Been on the sherry blu? that was pretty sharp... ;)

Don't like Sherry, but that 'Coke' cake don't half sharpen you up English. Got the recipe from a Nigella book.. :wink:

• Like 3

Sarjeant signs for Storm., as expected. To anyone thinking he'll be a weak signing - double the track time can only help him improve faster. Excited for him.

James was always a good signing for the Bees IMO. I can see him averaging more than a lot of the senior reserves. As an asset and a Bee he was always going to be back for the Storm too.

Don't like Sherry, but that 'Coke' cake don't half sharpen you up English. Got the recipe from a Nigella book.. :wink:

That's not to be sniffed at!! :D

• Like 1

Hello people, first timer here !

Went to Brandon regularly from 78 to 81. Loved that time watching Olsen, Knudsen, Busk, Shirra and Guglielmi as the main names that stick in my mind. Lived in Brum at the time and went with my best mate and his uncle, even did a lot of away meetings. Remember watching Cliff Thorburn beat Higgins in the World Snooker Final in the early hours of the morning in a Ipswich pub where we were staying having been to the meeting, cant remember if we won or not though ! Stopped going because life, women and geography took me away ! :cry:

Then about a decade ago got back in touch with that old mate, and as you do, got talking about the past and the subject of the Bees came up. He'd long moved down South and subsequently though still watching the odd meeting was going to Reading. Said he did a lot of GP's and in one of our conversations waxed lyrical about Bomber Harris and seeing him win the British GP.

I've since seen a bit of Speedway now and again on Sky but that's about all.

So anyway, havins stood in my local boozer talking to a couple of my F1 petrol head mates, I found myself telling them how much I enjoyed my time at the speedway 30 years ago, so they're up for a road trip one week to come and have a look, I just want to see if it still carries that buzz for me ( first bend ducking the shale :D ) !

So heres the question for all you regulars, do I do the Xmas Cracker to try to introduce a couple of newbies to the sport and hope they may come again, or do I leave it till the season starts ?

And how different is Brandon now than Brandon from 30 years ago ? Are you restricted to certain parts of the stadium ? Can you get round the track, pits ? Where best to go and what tickets to get ?

Think I will be back for a meeting or two or more next season whatever !

Been up today to pay for Season tickets , looked at track tractor on with grader, JCB on with shale for bends and good old Colin Pratt driving the Bowser round in circles,didn't see any water coming out of it (not that it was needed, water that is) nice to see him still active at Coventry a good Speedway stalwart. Hopefully a good season and it's clear they are making a serious attempt to get the Xmas meeting on, hope the weather us OK.

See young Pawlicki has signed for Wolves.Hope they see more of him than we did with under 19's 21's etc.I think they have made a major mistake with that signing, only time will tell!.

the stadium is exactly the same as when you were here last.

personally id wait till its warmer!

it was weird this summer giving my daughter a pep talk in the bar about her A levels, in the same position my did to me all those years ago.

you can still walk round nothing much as changed, the tracks smaller and air fences thats about it