British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

The track was saturated to the core, as can be seen by the recent flooding when the ground is saturated it does not soak in it remains on top and that is probably what happened on Sunday, even though there was only a small shower of rain it did not soak in coupled with there being no sun of any strength it was a recipe for disaster. IF on the Sunday it had dryed out everybody would have said why did Mick call it off so early... Micks not blameless in this scenario he definately made some mistakes but to a certain extent his hands were tied .

The track was saturated to the core, as can be seen by the recent flooding when the ground is saturated it does not soak in it remains on top and that is probably what happened on Sunday, even though there was only a small shower of rain it did not soak in coupled with there being no sun of any strength it was a recipe for disaster. IF on the Sunday it had dryed out everybody would have said why did Mick call it off so early... Micks not blameless in this scenario he definately made some mistakes but to a certain extent his hands were tied .

He made one massive mistake. He didn't take the advice offered to him by the stadium people on Saturday, if he had, this whole mess could have been avoided.

He made one massive mistake. He didn't take the advice offered to him by the stadium people on Saturday, if he had, this whole mess could have been avoided.

You could be right but we can only go on what we are told from to warring partys...neither want to take the blame !

All kissed and made up?!

Wednesday March 26, 2014

COVENTRY promoter Mick Horton has issued the following statement on Wednesday March 26:

After the events of Sunday 23rd March, on behalf of Coventry Speedway, I would like to apologise to the staff of Coventry Stadium. In the heat of the moment, things were said and statements were made for which I again apologise.

What has become very clear to both Coventry Speedway and the Stadium owners is the willingness and determination to work together. Coventry Speedway is here for the next three years and we intend to make it three great years to remember.

As our main team sponsor John Clarke would always say, ‘Keep the Faith’ - starting this Friday against Birmingham.

Thank goodness for that. Peace again.

Until the next time Horton "goes off on one"... :D

Edited by Dave Jones

All kissed and made up?!

Wednesday March 26, 2014

COVENTRY promoter Mick Horton has issued the following statement on Wednesday March 26:

After the events of Sunday 23rd March, on behalf of Coventry Speedway, I would like to apologise to the staff of Coventry Stadium. In the heat of the moment, things were said and statements were made for which I again apologise.

What has become very clear to both Coventry Speedway and the Stadium owners is the willingness and determination to work together. Coventry Speedway is here for the next three years and we intend to make it three great years to remember.

As our main team sponsor John Clarke would always say, ‘Keep the Faith’ - starting this Friday against Birmingham.

Not before time. Such juvenile points scoring behaviour from the off.

Good to see things getting sorted. Speedway means alot to fans and riders. We all want to see the same thing which is bees wins

• Like 1

Thank god, finally get back to whats important. Now get that track sorted, we are in for a good season.

Edited by woz01

It is nice to see that things have finally been resolved and hopefully that the track can be made ready for Friday. I can't see why not, if the track team are as good as they say they are.

But I just hope that they don't sit around for three years then sudenly find that the Bees have no home track.

I should hope that by next year or the year after workwill be started on getting a new stadium ready for the 2017 season.

It soon comes around

Anyone else find it a tad strange that they are looking at improving the track with this new track team yet we are being told we only have 3 years left?

Apologies if I've missed something but has the sale of the stadium actually gone through? The original statement said that the sale was imminent, but I've seen nothing since.

If it has (or does), do we know for a fact who the new owners are? And once known why is it a foregone conclusion that houses will be built in the next few years. I thought the "use of land" would restrict this. Does anybody know what the Rugby Borough Council thinks of all this?

I seem to remember that Sandhu was not allowed to demolish the two grey "sheds" when he wanted to improve the stadium. If that is true how is it going to be so easy to build houses on the site?

Anyone else find it a tad strange that they are looking at improving the track with this new track team yet we are being told we only have 3 years left?

Not really - three years is quite a long time and they naturally want to protect their revenue streams during this period and hopefully transfer this expertise over to a new track.

It is nice to see that things have finally been resolved and hopefully that the track can be made ready for Friday. I can't see why not, if the track team are as good as they say they are.

But I just hope that they don't sit around for three years then sudenly find that the Bees have no home track.

I should hope that by next year or the year after workwill be started on getting a new stadium ready for the 2017 season.

It soon comes around

Somebody seems really sure they are going to get planning permission what if they don't do we get more than three years? Edited by kingbee

All credit to Mick Horton for eating humble pie, lets get on with winning the trophy now.

• Like 1