British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

I have a detached view thanks. MJJ was signed late in the season and it was obvious there were going to be some fixture clashes. The Belle Vue meeting was one he was expected to be involved in and would have been in his diary BEFORE the Swedish meeting. His priority is to do the RIGHT thing if he wants to come out with any credibility.

No you don't have a detached view. You have a biased view on MJJ and you have been banging on about his lack of commitment like a stuck record for ages.

I have given valid reasons as to why I can accept why he made the decision he did. I don't like it, but I understand it.

I don't disagree with you in that MJJ is not going to prioritise GB. What has happened with this fixture clash is hardly a surprise. There's always a chance Swedish or Polish fixtures will be re-arranged and clash with EL fixtures. In the same manner, we all know that GB is not going to be the highest on MJJ's list of priorities and must have understood that when we signed him. Now the 'inevitable' has happened and we force his resignation. Bizarre in the extreme.

• Like 2

Plymouth will have priority I think because the Coventry v Eastbourne fixture is rearranged.

I am not 100% but when we (Swindon) had a meeting we was missing N. Morris because the fixture was rearranged.

Think it's just the second fixture that's rearranged. However Barkers Plymouth fixtures were in place for him first so imagine it would mean another guest for bees. Maybe Neil Watson will clear it up

Lets be honest, if we go into the Eastbourne meeting with a guest for Barker it makes the whole thing look a farce. Drop MJJ as he's picking his long time Swedish teams play-off meeting only to sign our asset who walked out on us once who then picks his PL team over us. But it's ok, Ben is committed!

But Barker isn't picking is he? If Plymouth have priority that's the rules!

But Barker isn't picking is he? If Plymouth have priority that's the rules!

But don't you see the irony of dropping a rider for missing meetings so sign another rider who will miss meetings? A rider who has walked out on us once before. A rider who is not as good.

That's only if he signed at the start of the season, same time or before Plymouth

Clubs cannot just recall assets and take the priority, it doesn't work like that at all

Can you show me where in the rules it states that then? :shock:

No you don't have a detached view. You have a biased view on MJJ and you have been banging on about his lack of commitment like a stuck record for ages.

So basically what i said would happen has but i`m biased!?! :rofl:

I have just stated the obvious about his commitment to the UK, that isn't biased if you state something that will happen and it does! :t:

But don't you see the irony of dropping a rider for missing meetings so sign another rider who will miss meetings? A rider who has walked out on us once before. A rider who is not as good.

Yes I do which is why I asked the question whether Bees get priority or not and said it doesn't make sense to arrange a double header. It could be another storm in a tea cup which we get often on Coventry threads and Barker may be riding, who knows!

It seems Harris is riding the double header which is good news!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

perhaps barker has been told to resign from the plymouth team?

If he resigns he'll receive a 28 day ban for not fulfilling his fixtures. Plymouth would have to sack him

Yes I do which is why I asked the question whether Bees get priority or not and said it doesn't make sense to arrange a double header. It could be another storm in a tea cup which we get often on Coventry threads and Barker may be riding, who knows!

It seems Harris is riding the double header which is good news!

as Barker is 3rd in averages r/r is surely to way to go when he is missing ?

as Barker is 3rd in averages r/r is surely to way to go when he is missing ?

Riders already have enough of their own rides with it being a double header

R/R in a double header is madness but the only EL riders eligible to guest are Worrall or Morris and Morris is riding for Somerset. Worrall at 3? No thanks. We have to use R/R and pray for no injuries.

Wish we'd just gone with a junior at BV- get them to crash out of their first ride and use emergency R/R and give Howarth, Hansen and Jason (x2) the rides.

Well done to Coventry for taking a stand on the Jepsen Jensen situation.

Its a shame more clubs don't do this.

Just another reason why we should form a league without such foreigners who treat Britain with contempt.

Wolfie

• Like 5

R/R in a double header is madness but the only EL riders eligible to guest are Worrall or Morris and Morris is riding for Somerset. Worrall at 3? No thanks. We have to use R/R and pray for no injuries.

Wish we'd just gone with a junior at BV- get them to crash out of their first ride and use emergency R/R and give Howarth, Hansen and Jason (x2) the rides.

Completely agree. At least if MJJ had missed this due to GP we could have got stronger guest, like Rory or king Edited by mdmc82

Decision to get rid of MJJ still baffles me.

Imagine the Bee's get hammered at Belle Vue and pick up nothing.

Gain 6 points from their two home matches against the Eagles who are crap on the road.

and Coventry would be on 47 points from 25 fixtures and into the play-offs.

Coventry's league title hopes are over.

Decision to get rid of MJJ still baffles me.

Imagine the Bee's get hammered at Belle Vue and pick up nothing.

Gain 6 points from their two home matches against the Eagles who are crap on the road.

and Coventry would be on 47 points from 25 fixtures and into the play-offs.

Coventry's league title hopes are over.

It is your apostrophes that baffle me!

How is the soggy girlfriend in Leicester by the way?

• Like 2