British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

A good question is. Why was the track not sorted out during the close season.

The stadium looked in terrible state on the Sky pictures I saw on Sunday. It all looked very run down a bit like stadiums in the 70's.

They have got a lot of work ahead of them to get the track racable for Friday. I they have the right people to do it maybe it is just possible.

But there seems to be more behind this than is actually being said

Let me ask a serious question where at Brandon is there any dry shale, to the best of my knowledge there isn't any usually a pile of dirty stuff at the rear of the first bend.

Edited by abbo

A good question is. Why was the track not sorted out during the close season.

The stadium looked in terrible state on the Sky pictures I saw on Sunday. It all looked very run down a bit like stadiums in the 70's.

They have got a lot of work ahead of them to get the track racable for Friday. I they have the right people to do it maybe it is just possible.

But there seems to be more behind this than is actually being said

The problem area (bend 1) was completely re-laid a month or two ago. I think the rest of the track is ok. I don't think Sandhu wants to drive the bees out after paying for track work. As for the stadium it has the best facilities in the country which probably tells you more about the other stadiums in the sport than anything else.

• Like 5

Peterborough v Plymouth abandoned due to floodlight faliure, Horton isnt having much luck is he?

Shale being delivered to Brandon tomorrow morning. lets hope the weather forecast becomes more positive for the week so we can get the meeting on

Peterborough v Plymouth abandoned due to floodlight faliure, Horton isnt having much luck is he?

More important issues for the bees fans , than what happens at P/Boro to be honest.

• Like 1

Shale being delivered to Brandon tomorrow morning. lets hope the weather forecast becomes more positive for the week so we can get the meeting on

What are the chances that it will be delivered to Brandon, Suffolk.. :)

• Like 6

More important issues for the bees fans , than what happens at P/Boro to be honest.

I didnt say there wasnt! Just passing on information some fans might be interested in. In future I will ask your permission to post on what our promotion and riders are doing at their other clubs. Happy?

What are the chances that it will be delivered to Brandon, Suffolk.. :)

Probably 99%.

• Like 3

I didnt say there wasnt! Just passing on information some fans might be interested in. In future I will ask your permission to post on what our promotion and riders are doing at their other clubs. Happy?

Stick it on the P/Boro pages then, and those who are interested can read it. ;)

Stick it on the P/Boro pages then, and those who are interested can read it. ;)

Yeah, should be on the Peterborough pages - however pis@ed myself laughing at the luck that Horton is having. Can anybody help with the Samaritans phone number for the guy

Apart from today the forecast is quite favourable and under normal circumstances the track should be ok for Friday. After today its only isolated pockets of rain and Friday itself is dry. Get the track raceable on Friday, cancel the NL meeting on the 4th then it will give them 2 weeks to get it spot on for the season.

Why cancel the NL meeting on the 4th ?

There is Stock Car on the 5th. !

Yeah, should be on the Peterborough pages - however pis@ed myself laughing at the luck that Horton is having. Can anybody help with the Samaritans phone number for the guy

Why cancel the NL meeting on the 4th ?

There is Stock Car on the 5th. !

I did stick it on the Peterborough match thread. I find it relevent as he is our promoter who has had a nightmare start to the season, some of it his own doing but tonight it was very unlucky.Didnt realise stock cars were running, lets hope they can sort it this week then. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Let me ask a serious question where at Brandon is there any dry shale, to the best of my knowledge there isn't any usually a pile of dirty stuff at the rear of the first bend.

Haven`t you seen it ? Its in the wotsit under the doodah.... Isn`t that where most tracks keep it ?

Edited by dornier

I think we should have sympathy with Mick Horton and team it would appear that he has mow tried to present three Speedway meetings the two at Coventry and now Peterborough who reached the 8th heat and called off because of a major electrical fault (not his fault) let's hope the Gods will be kinder for the rest of the season, I do think that the problems at Coventry should be resolved very quickly by the Stadium staff, preparing a Speedway track is not rockescience we have lived with Speedway and Stock cars for many years surely with a bit of sensible thinking the Coventry matters can be quickly resolved and get the great team on paper get going and present us with the spectacle we deserve as loyal Bees sporters!.

• Like 3

i think actually both sides are correct.

they probably took the decision to re lay the track, and then we have had the wettest winter since Noah was a boy.

so i guess work started late ie last week, and then no one talking to each other.

i do wonder if MicK has more than he can handle with three teams? i know there were issues at Pboro as well.

• Like 1