British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Depends if it's true what they said about Mick ignoring texts and not turning up until Sunday morning?

That's not fair - you've added a bit more. :D

We've had four articulated lorry-loads of stone come in, but you cant put it all on in one go........

Blimey! Remind me never to stand too near the track this season. :party:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Do we know yet if the meeting will take place this friday, not that Im going but would like to see them have a meeting on before I waste my money again travelling to Brandon just for a drive out.

• Like 2

So what do bees fans reckon - will Garrity end the season topping your EL averages? I'd imagine its very likely he'll average around nine, so probably in the top half dozen riders in the EL?

So what do bees fans reckon - will Garrity end the season topping your EL averages? I'd imagine its very likely he'll average around nine, so probably in the top half dozen riders in the EL?

He wont get an average this season.

Hans has tweeted he has a knee injury and it doesnt look too good.

He will get an average this season every rider who rides a race gets an average.

The average he gets will not be an official average for next seasons team building, but that wasnt the query.

Hans has tweeted he has a knee injury and it doesnt look too good.

I'm beginning to think Hans Andersen is jinxed when it comes to riding for Coventry... :sad:

He will get an average this season every rider who rides a race gets an average.

SR 16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MAs are calculated on a Rolling basis, for a specified number of applicable Meetings, taking account of the number of Heats and Points (excluding Bonus Points) that a Rider has scored.

The applicable Meetings are:

Elite League: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs

Premier League: League Cup mini-League Meetings & regular League Meetings

National League: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs.

NB: (Double) points scored as a TR will count at 50%. FTDP Riders in the EL and all Riders appearing as a Guest or as a #8 are ignored.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

Hope Hans is okay and knee is not as bad as suggested.

Need our number 1 esp with Harris due to miss more fixtures.

Bit concern with Howarth missing so many meetings as not many guests available on his average but sure we will see at the time.

Brilliant start for the team last night esp after all the problems of the last couple of weeks. Some good gating and racing

Last year we struggled to pick up any away points and this year we have started with 4pts away at Swindon which is never easy. Lets hope its the start of a good season

Bit concern with Howarth missing so many meetings as not many guests available on his average but sure we will see at the time.

I'm expecting Lasse Bjerre to ride a few times for the Bees - makes sense, average fits and he rides for Micks other team.

edit > a couple of ok meeting and Adam Roynon will fit too.

edit2 > With the 5% for home guests, Adam fits for home meetings.

Edited by SCB

I'm expecting Lasse Bjerre to ride a few times for the Bees - makes sense, average fits and he rides for Micks other team.

edit > a couple of ok meeting and Adam Roynon will fit too.

edit2 > With the 5% for home guests, Adam fits for home meetings.

Yes both would be good guests.

Would like it if he could up average so we could also use summers at home

• Like 1

Have been along to the Storm meeting tonight and the track looked superb !

Visibly more banking and track remained rut-less for the whole of the meeting and plenty of loose shale.

Couldn't tell as to how good the racing would be as a 71-18 one sided meeting - but there could be potential !

I was highly critical of the mess of a couple of weeks ago and rubbished the Polish track curator.

Glad to be able to offer an apology.

just hope tomorrow Stock car meeting doesn't undo all of the good.

Next Friday against Kings Lynn could be a classic

• Like 3

Makes me wonder if the New track curator really did repair the track on his own. I think an Expert was brought in. If I'm right hope he will be back to repair again after the Stock car's and.........

before the Cov Bees return.

• Like 1

After the away meeting at Poole I`m even more of the opinion that Bombers going to struggle this season with the new race format . And I think they should have given the captains hat to Hans and I`m now thinking Fisher would probably do a good job as captain. Bombers been a bit lucky so far he`s come up against out of form Bjerres and Holders he won`t stand a chance against the on form opposing heat leaders especially when he gives them a two yard start., His gating at Poole was diabolical. Now onto Garrity I had no idea about Garrity only the hype I heard about him on here I must say I`m a bit disappointed with what I`ve seen so far, am not too impressed with his gating technique he seems to crawl away and then thrust his weight backwards in the hope of getting some rear wheel drive by which time the gaps have closed. I`m very happy with the way the rest of the team are shaping up, Hansen and Howarth both rode with a lot of courage at Poole and Fisher hasn`t put a foot wrong so far he`s an inspiration to the team.....

Garrity is riding with injury and bike problems. Give him time

Think team are looking strong

• Like 2

Bombers been a bit lucky so far he`s come up against out of form Bjerres and Holders he won`t stand a chance against the on form opposing heat leaders especially when he gives them a two yard start., His gating at Poole was diabolical.

Or maybe our team have made Holder and Bjerre look bad? Meaning Bombers not done that bad a job.