British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Sorry to poke my nose in on this thread but if I were a Bees fan I'd be pig sick of my team manager's fawning over another club on twitter. The odd congratulatory tweet is fine but Havelock is disgustingly over the top. How is this man truly committed to the club that pays his wages?

• Like 3

Im not sure that all the fans are happy no but at least they turn up for there fix of speedway.Watching speedway is what I go for and have done for many many years .we have not allways had the best teams but we go to watch speedway through the young /Boocock/Olsen/ Knutson /Tatum /Andersson /Hancock we have had some great teams and some crap ones. The trouble today is if the team isn't winning certain fans are not happy that is there opinion but let's enjoy speedway while we have it because you may not have it for much longer

Yes i can remember those halcyon days when there was more fans on the back straight than there is in the stadium today. Parking in the fields. Unfortunatly those days are long gone apart from maybe Poole. If you promote any sport and you finish bottom you should expect critism. If you can not stand the heat get out of the kitchen And just to clear some misconception up I have no mates on here and there is no Mafia trying to get Mick apart from those that blindly defend his actions. Lets just hope we are not posting this at the end of 2014 because no doubt we will be to blame for that due to our socalled negative remarks
  • Like 3

Is this pairs meeting on Friday the excuse for the 16 meetings for season ticket holders? Don't think it is but I'm not sure?

Still a bit disgusting that Horton has sold a false product to the season ticket holders. Surely that's near enough a legal requirement to fulfil?

On another note - I'm appalled from our so called "team manager", absolutely unacceptable tweets from him and his very obvious love for Poole. Pull your finger out Mick Horton, that is not acceptable. Give Nicholls a whirl at manager, even if it also means he's riding in the team? Didn't Chris Louis do that at Ipswich once? At least this way we'd have a passionate manager and Scott could retire at any time and carry on managing the team.....

Edited by Adam Vickers

Is this pairs meeting on Friday the excuse for the 16 meetings for season ticket holders? Don't think it is but I'm not sure?

Still a bit disgusting that Horton has sold a false product to the season ticket holders. Surely that's near enough a legal requirement to fulfil?

On another note - I'm appalled from our so called "team manager", absolutely unacceptable tweets from him and his very obvious love for Poole. Pull your finger out Mick Horton, that is not acceptable. Give Nicholls a whirl at manager, even if it also means he's riding in the team? Didn't Chris Louis do that at Ipswich once? At least this way we'd have a passionate manager and Scott could retire at any time and carry on managing the team.....

Id hope the Brandonapolis will be free for the season ticket holders but im not sure if that will happen. Poole are holding Havvys farewell meeting so no surprise really! Doesnt make it right though, he should be talking about being fired up for 2014 and hoping the Bees get there!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

....Adam Vickers....Is this pairs meeting on Friday the excuse for the 16 meetings for season ticket holders? Don't think it is but I'm not sure?

Yes, terrible. I think they should all sue him. :lol:

....woz01...... Doesnt make it right though, he should be talking about being fired up for 2014 and hoping the Bees get there!

Hopefully he shouldn't be talking that at all as I'm keeping my fingers crossed we've seen the last of him. :P

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

after three season of the season ending in late august something has to be done.

the teams that are holding the league to ransom (eastbourne, kings lynn?) should drop down.

if its true its going to be a big league then no room for teams that cant get the current tiny season in at home.

Also no sky means we can have a season that ends in october and not in august.

speedway needs every penny it can get, because of the contracted season and no KOC/craven sheild, how many fans alone has coventry lost this season through the turnstiles, probaly 4 home meetings, at least 1 KOC and probably at least 2 craven shield meetings, that's something like 17000 regulars that didn't get an opportunity to pay £17, alot of money, yes i know very little is profit but what business would willingly chuck that away?

thats more revenue than the sky money.

• Like 2

With the problems at Perry Bar what about Phil Morris as team manager

would need a change in promotion first.... oh hang on!

As we don't know the format for next year it's a bit of a reasonable wish list at this stage, but here's some riders I'd like to see.

If not in the GPs I'd like AJ back to spearhead the team.

Harris as a second heat leader, not a number one. Testimonial year so a good bet.

Zengi, like the lad. Needs to improve away but dialled in at home.

Craig Cook. Improving all season.

Kozza Smith

Lewis Kerr

Richie Worrall

Riders I don't want, well there's a long list but these are top (nothing personal ;))

Holder

Watt

Ward

KK

Olly Allen

Stuart Robson

The saucepan brothers

Henning Bager

Ben barker

Adam Roynan

Nick Morris

Morton Risager

Magnus zetterstorm

Drymel brothers

Seb ulemek

Bjarne pederson

Lewis Bridger

Ryan fisher

Eddie kennett

Gosh I didn't realise how many there are!

• Like 1

Sorry to poke my nose in on this thread but if I were a Bees fan I'd be pig sick of my team manager's fawning over another club on twitter. The odd congratulatory tweet is fine but Havelock is disgustingly over the top. How is this man truly committed to the club that pays his wages?

Think I agree with that . .

The Bees v Leicester double header should appease season ticket holders. Cracking idea and on a Sunday too. KK rides for Leicester a sign for next season?

• Like 1

The Bees v Leicester double header should appease season ticket holders. Cracking idea and on a Sunday too. KK rides for Leicester a sign for next season?

Not if Leicester stick with Sat/Sun home meetings it won't be!!

Not if Leicester stick with Sat/Sun home meetings it won't be!!

Rumours a few weeks back he has signed for Leicester next season if they make the step up.

Thank goodness for that. Let them suffer this time. :D

If there are say 12 teams in the EL next season and a much lower points limit (36 - 38 possibly) then there has to be a question on riders like Aaron Summers, Adam Roynon etc as to which league they will be riding in. Can riders still double up as there are likely to be more fixture clashes if there are 22 home and 22 away meetings.

That said, in Scott Nicholls as possible rider/manager/pundit they have a rider committed to riding in British Speedway and in a weaker league you may see more of the old Scott and if they can get Linus Sundstrom or Chris Harris back to spearhead the team ..... possibly both then Bees would have to build their tail end with the likes of Summers and possibly a gamble on Nicolai Klindt and two 3.00 reserves.

It may look weak, but so will all other teams as there looks to be drastic cuts and current heat leaders replaced by reserves.

EXAMPLES ONLY

BEES; Sundstrom, Nicholls, Harris, Summers, Klindt, Roynon, Sarjeant.

WOLVES; Woffinden, Skornicki, Proctor, Wells, Thorssell, Aspgren, Morris

SWINDON; Batchelor, Doyle, Morris, Stead, Howarth, Birks, 3.00