British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

still seeing no posts ?

Do you mean your own posts or others? Can see yours okay. :t:

Anyway to answer your questions. Not a lot of things have changed around the stadium and the price is the same wherever you stand - or sit in the grandstand - so you might like to watch in different places. You can also look into the pits throughout the meeting from two viewpoints. Definitely wait a bit until the season gets underway because the Christmas Cracker is not going to be typical of team racing at Brandon in the 'Elite' League. Best to pick a nice warm evening too!

It would appear that there was a delay between my posting and it appearing on the board, so ignore my two gibberish posts ! So if I'm waiting for the season, when will it be ?

It would appear that there was a delay between my posting and it appearing on the board, so ignore my two gibberish posts ! So if I'm waiting for the season, when will it be ?

sometime in March

Leicester home and away on Good Friday will be 2 good meetings with decent crowds.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas all,(except Pirates fans)........ :lol:

I said exactly the same thing after the last Bees meeting. "Nicholls should retire" were the exact words I used. He can still pull out the odd great ride but when I compare him to the rider that rode for us between 2005 and 2007, it is sad to see how he has declined. It's inevitable though. Age catches up with us all.

That's not to say I don't think Nicholls has anything to offer. Far from it. In a weakened league especially, he has a good few years left in him.

My comments were based on not wanting to see him go into some sad decline like, for example, Havelock or Screen. Gradually losing competitiveness in the top league (this is already happening) and the inevitable drop down to the Premier League in a few season's time before gradually declining there too.

It was sad (but inevitable) to hear the collective groans of dismay when Bees signed Screen. The reality of what he had become totally overshadowed the memories of the great rider he once was. I would hate this to happen to Nicholls too.

Should he retire... Yes. In an ideal world.

Will he retire... I can't see it. After all, it's his livelihood.

Personally I can see no reason why Nicholls can't prove to be an asset to the Aces for the coming season.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas all,(except Pirates fans)........ :lol:

That's not being nice to Havvy!!!!!!! :D

• Like 4

Perhaps he will take the hint

Edited by Game On

Went to Stock cars etc Boxing Day track very wet but I can't believe that they were unable to get the Cracker on the weather forecast for the weekend was very good fine, wind etc all the things that are required to set a decent track.I don't know if they are sincere about a rearranged date then forecast for Mon/Tuesday are not good, an opportunity lost I fear.!

Edited by abbo

After yesterdays freak weather I am not surprisedit was cancelled, even now the pavements are not dry and thats with the wind (although it was a biting cold wind so nothing will dry) also there was a small frost to have to contend with.

We have seen during the season that the track is unpredictable after a Stox meeting so imagine what it would have been like with the winterish weather we experienced yesterday, its a shame as we are actually on course for one of the mildest and dryest Decembers for many a year.

What was the track like after the Stock Cars had finished plowing it all up? Do you think it could have been prepared properly for Speedway mid-day Sunday? :unsure:

That was a reply to abbo as Sir Jasper has posted at the same time as me.

Edited by Gemini

We had heavy rain and hail yesterday afternoon 2 miles from Brandon, that and the stock cars the other day would have made it difficult to get the track ready. Hopeful of a restaging as I couldn't make the original date!

The track was very heavy at Stock car in fact first heat they were getting stuck in the deep stuff on the outside. As the meeting went on the racing improved and was quite a good spectacle. The inside was dry but I think they were through to the concrete. Still think with weather they have had last two days it would have been possible to prepare the track. I must say to try to run Stock Car and Speedway within four days of each other would be optimistic in summer never mind deepest December winter!

Just a further comment on the arrangements WHY didn't they run Speedway first and Stock car after makes more sense?.