British Speedway Forum
bennyr

Eastbourne 2014

Whether or not we sign MM will define our season.

Important yes but for me what will define our season is can our top two consistently get the better of the opposition top two as races against easier opposition for the top two will surely be less with the change of race format this year.

I believe Mikkelsen didn't ride enough meetings to become an Eastbourne asset however Eagles get first option on whether to use him. MM on the average has to be signed but in fairness the promotion know that and said the very same at back end of last season. Just depends if Danish sponsors & commitments etc allow him to ride Sat nights. All Eastbourne fans want him back.

He did 5 home and 2 away league meetings scoring 52 (54) +10 points from 37 rides giving him an average of 5.62 (6.70) but remains a 5.00 assessed rider

Bjarne obviously did a good job for them last season and Woodward is Mr Eastbourne but I fully expected Michelsen along with Gustafsson or Lahti to also be included in next seasons line up leaving 7.37 or 7.74 for the last place so Kylmakorpi fits in that billing so it may be much the same yet again at Arlington but it's not a bad team, especially a home ..... but away ?

10.42 is all that's left meaning Dryml (5.7) won't be returning if the other is one of Lahti (4.8), Gustafson (5.17), Nilsson (5.18) or Michelson (5.00 - a bargain). I would opt for the last two. They came in mid-season and did alright. Lahti and Gustafson were crap all season and don't deserve a second chance.

The Eagles would be crazy to let him slip through their fingers.

• Like 1

10.42 left so it looks two from:

Lahti 4.8

Gustafson 5.17

MM 5 (assessed average - really 5.62)

Had it been 5.62 we would have had to have gone for Lahti. At least now Eastbourne have a choice. Dryml however is no longer an option as he and any one of these options would take Eastbourne over 10.42.

If we dnt sign michelsen there even more stupid than I thought not too displeased with the confirmed 5 riders not sure on halsey..if we dnt get michelsen I can see them signing Nilsson and gustafsson

I would like two riders on assessed 5.00, michelsen and someone?

The Eagles would be crazy to let him slip through their fingers.

They may not have a say if another club is waving big bucks at him.

• Like 1

Michelson all the way for,me. I wish he was british but tonhave up and coming talent is always good news. Winning teams always have riders who increase their average and i think he will this year. Its the same for bech at lakeside

They may not have a say if another club is waving big bucks at him.

But of course, hopefully the young man will still loyal to the club that offered him his 1st chance in the UK.

Obviously i would love to see him at Wolves if he chooses a different club.

The official Eastbourne website is offline as it is changing webmaster and server.

Hopefully when it does come online the Eagles fans will be cheering.

The official Eastbourne website is offline as it is changing webmaster and server.

Hopefully when it does come online the Eagles fans will be cheering.

Hopefully they'll now be first with news rather than it 'leaking out' elsewhere!

Hopefully they'll now be first with news rather than it 'leaking out' elsewhere!

Hopefully yes ! Press Day and Practice announced as March 15th so that is a start.

Hopefully yes ! Press Day and Practice announced as March 15th so that is a start.

And new commercial manager too