British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

As has been said before, it's not a fair draft system if you have protected riders - but seeing as Poole have benefitted - that's ok then :rolleyes:

Have we, how do you come to that conclusion then Steve0? Please explain..

What is Pawlicki's average as the last one I can see is 6.95. Has he ridden since then or is it recalculated due to the rolling averages ?

I understand assessed averages were changed and Piotr Pawlicki was given a stupid 7+ average but that got lowered. Was it to 6.00 or 6.50 ?

Whichever way, it will be good to see two young and exciting riders riding over here while others turn their backs on British Speedway

As has been said before, it's not a fair draft system if you have protected riders - but seeing as Poole have benefitted - that's ok then :rolleyes:

so has kings Lynn ,lakeside, Wolverhampton so nothings going to change its done move on

What is Pawlicki's average as the last one I can see is 6.95. Has he ridden since then or is it recalculated due to the rolling averages ?

I understand assessed averages were changed and Piotr Pawlicki was given a stupid 7+ average but that got lowered. Was it to 6.00 or 6.50 ?

Whichever way, it will be good to see two young and exciting riders riding over here while others turn their backs on British Speedway

His average is 7.09

Yeah big benefit having lee smart, welcome to swap him for either of your reserves

so has kings Lynn ,lakeside, Wolverhampton so nothings going to change its done move on

I know that - the point is it can't be a fair draft system. As you say, nothing's going to change but it doesn't alter the fact that the process was fundamentally flawed

His average is 7.09

Yeah big benefit having lee smart, welcome to swap him for either of your reserves

Lee Smart wasn't a protected rider so is irrelevant to the discussion. However, even though he was picked by choice, rumour has it that he may be replaced.

• Like 1

I know that - the point is it can't be a fair draft system. As you say, nothing's going to change but it doesn't alter the fact that the process was fundamentally flawed

Lee Smart wasn't a protected rider so is irrelevant to the discussion. However, even though he was picked by choice, rumour has it that he may be replaced.

And no other reserve in the league won't be??

Have i missed something i thought there was a list of draft riders Matt Ford didnt come up with that list he just chose a rider that was on that list that was owned i think by Poole not sure how that is rule bending

Have i missed something i thought there was a list of draft riders Matt Ford didnt come up with that list he just chose a rider that was on that list that was owned i think by Poole not sure how that is rule bending

Mate, you should know by now, anything poole do as reguards this forum is rule bending.. :o

Yes you have! As EL winners, Poole should have had last pick of draft riders - but they didn't! Not Poole's fault - it's the process that was flawed - like everything from BSPA Towers

Yes you have! As EL winners, Poole should have had last pick of draft riders - but they didn't! Not Poole's fault - it's the process that was flawed - like everything from BSPA Towers

Why? Every one of those riders who are a clubs asset should be riding for that club. Assuming, there's enough left over, then they get distributed. and in that cause, we came last... But assuming, clashes aside, Neil will get the best out of young Smart...

Edited by Starman2006

There is no point in discussing further if you can't see the flaws in the draft system. Either it's a fair system with each team taking their turn of choosing from ALL riders or it's an unfair system - already stacked in certain teams' favour!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

There is no point in discussing further if you can't see the flaws in the draft system. Either it's a fair system with each team taking their turn of choosing from ALL riders or it's an unfair system - already stacked in certain teams' favour!

Look, nothings perfect mate, there will be teething problems, but as far as it goes what i said shoud be correct. And as i also said, we got last pick in the rest. So really, nobody can complain, but you will..

Look, nothings perfect mate, there will be teething problems, but as far as it goes what i said shoud be correct. And as i also said, we got last pick in the rest. So really, nobody can complain, but you will..

Nobody can complain when the Tories got into power! Nobody can complain when it's too hot! Nobody can complain when it's too cold!

BUT THEY DO - it's called opinion and mine is as equally valid as yours. Just once it would be nice for you to show that you can be objective where Poole are concerned :rolleyes:

Poole have one of the best 'number 6' in Newman and possibly a shocker in Smart. One good and one bad reserve is the same as having 2 average riders. Newman could get 6 or 7 and Smart 1. Another team may have two reserved who both get 4 so in this instance Poole have done nothing wrong. Now accuse me of Poole bashing lol

• Like 1

Nobody can complain when the Tories got into power! Nobody can complain when it's too hot! Nobody can complain when it's too cold!

BUT THEY DO - it's called opinion and mine is as equally valid as yours. Just once it would be nice for you to show that you can be objective where Poole are concerned :rolleyes:

I am being objective. I told you, we got last pick of the remainder.. We got an asset, and so did many other clubs..

Poole have one of the best 'number 6' in Newman and possibly a shocker in Smart. One good and one bad reserve is the same as having 2 average riders. Newman could get 6 or 7 and Smart 1. Another team may have two reserved who both get 4 so in this instance Poole have done nothing wrong. Now accuse me of Poole bashing lol

Thank you Gav.