British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

I personally don't want Darcy to get a ban because love him or hate him Darcy is one of the most entertaining riders to watch and people pay there hard earned money to watch riders like Darcy and Tai Woffinden and let's be honest British Speedway would probably not even be on Sky if it wasn't for riders like Darcy and Tai.

Has nothing to do with it.

Wether you are a big name gp star or a run of the mill national league rider the rules are the same.

I love to watch Darcy ride but its the wrong message if he doesnt get a ban

• Like 4

pedersen is right , i wasnt going to put it on here but might as well now

i was told by a rider that he was hungover in poland the other week , but as the match was postponed he didnt get breathalysed but everyone said he would of been over.

think he has a problem its either he doesnt like authority and rebels against being told no drink or he has a drink problem

• Like 1

I personally don't want Darcy to get a ban because love him or hate him Darcy is one of the most entertaining riders to watch and people pay there hard earned money to watch riders like Darcy and Tai Woffinden and let's be honest British Speedway would probably not even be on Sky if it wasn't for riders like Darcy and Tai.

That is the biggest load of dog sh*it I have read on this thread so far are you for real?????

• Like 1

That is the biggest load of dog sh*it I have read on this thread so far are you for real?????

well said mate.

Was sort of hoping the Poole promotion would take some sort of stance but as if they would

Sadly it would appear so.

has the bspa taken over the FIM seems like it , as when its poole it seems to take forever and a day before any or if any action is taken against them , (teflon)

That is way OTT Darcy hasn't killed anyone. Footballers get away with murder and Celebrities do as well. So fine Darcy but don't ban him for 2 years for a silly mistake.

And if he was allowed to race and whipped someone out and they ended up in a wheelchair??? That would be OK ??

A rider WAS banned for 8 months for the same thing. You believe Darcy should only be fined??

Some`silly mistakes` happen in all walks of life that cost lives. Are they right?? NEVER.

Incredible.

A silly mistake that another rider had an 8 months ban for. That is the least you or any fair minded person SHOULD expect.

Edited by stevebrum

Any amount of alcohol in your system however small will have some effect on your Judgement, if I was another rider I'd want darcy checked every match as he seems top have a problem, and a fine as with footballers is no deterent, hit them where it hurts most and thats doing what they love be it speedway football. The FIM have to be seen to be consistent, Danno got a ban and so should Ward, if not they are basically giving riders carte blanche to get pissed up.

• Like 1

Because Darcy was not drunk like members are saying. Yes Darcy had alcohol in his system but Darcy wasn't drunk. Drunk is where you cant even stand.

you need to give up now mate.

so get pissed but if you can stand up and cock a leg over a bike then give it a go!

your argument is so flawed its unreal

Not that I'm excusing Ward, but Danno had 'previous' with the FIM, whereas Darcy doesn't as far as I'm aware, so that may not be a straight-forward comparison?!

Any amount of alcohol in your system however small will have some effect on your Judgement,

As does smoking fags, so whilst were at it let's ban smoking.

F#ckin disgusting habit anyway.

There's no denying the man is a fantastic talent on the track, alas he also seems to be a bit of a fool off the track. Nobody is saying Darcy would have deliberately caused a crash. The point being made is that even a small amount of alcohol in his system would affect his reaction speed; even if he felt fine. Should he get involved in a difficult racing incident, that slower reaction time might be the difference between avoiding an accident or crashing at high speed, potentially injuring either himself or a fellow competitor. THAT is reason enough to have a zero tolerance policy on alcohol. And THAT is why he should get a ban, to both hopefully teach him a lesson, and also to set an example to others.

Banning him would not be an anti Poole thing, it would be an anti alcohol thing.

• Like 4

He wouldn't have because he wasn't out of it. Interview went well wasn't slurping words or anything also conducted himself well and answered the questions asked correctly also Darcy wasn't walking sideways or anything.

Yes because it was a silly mistake and as I said if it was a footballer or celebrity then they wouldn't even get a fine they would just get away with it.

I have seen people drunk in the past and honestly Darcy wasn't even a 1/3 of the way there.

Like I said I am not sticking up for Darcy I just think a hefty fine and a slap on the wrist is enough.

The fact is members are saying Darcy was drunk when he wasn't. Darcy just didn't hydrate properly. Everyone is entitled to there opinions.

So when someone blows over the limit when driving next you can say to the officer `i`m not slurping words or anything also conducting themselvesf well and answered the questions asked correctly andwasn't walking sideways or anything.` so therefore officer i am not drunk????

If you are over the limit you are over the limit.

END OF

Like you said - YOU ARE sticking up for Darcy by making excuses for him.

No I said Darcy was not drunk. I never said Darcy didn't have alcohol in his system because Darcy did but there is a difference from having a drink to being drunk.

I have also said Darcy should be punished with a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Therefore I am not sticking up for Darcy.

People have been pulled over for driving and they would say they aren't drunk because it was the previous night.

Therefore the test is as accurate as a road side test.

You think the rules that applied to Stefan Danno being banned for 8 months shouldn't apply to Darcy for doing exactly the same thing.

So yes, you ARE sticking up for Darcy.

No Darcy shouldn't get a ban. Darcy just didn't hydrate properly that's why Darcy failed the test.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are blinder than i thought.

You must be the only person on the Speedway planet that believes it.

You condone the actions of someone guilty. What a proud moment for you.