British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

I thought Sheffield need 56 panels?

I'm sure they said 52 panels and 8 spares so 60 in total. Edited by Tigerite

I know it was said that it would be the biggest air fence in British Speedway!... :)

I hope they meant longest.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

In this week's Speedway Star - the race card is being replaced by a newly designed programme.

oops......

http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/ticketoffice

2014 ADMISSION PRICES[/size]

(STILL FROZEN AT 2012 PRICES)

Adults (aged 16 and over): £15.00

Concessions (over 65s): £11.00 with ID

Juniors (aged 13-16): £5.00 with ID

Children (aged 12 and under): FREE

All admission includes FREE racecard

2014 SEASON TICKET PRICES[/size]

Adults (age 16 and above): £300.00

Concession (over 65s)*: £235.00

*Please enclose date of birth proof with payment.

Season tickets includes FREE racecard

I hope you aren't expecting a full programme for free...

More than happy with the free one personally.

Be interesting to see what they do about that! :oops:

If they do decide to charge for it, they will probably be stuffed on any season tickets sold so far, but then all they have to is change the website. It's an invitation to treat and so can be withdrawn or amended or they can even choose just not to accept your offer of £15 for entrance and a program at the door. Not a lot any of us could do about it except rely on the promotions good nature to honour what the website states.

More than happy with the free one personally.

If they do decide to charge for it, they will probably be stuffed on any season tickets sold so far, but then all they have to is change the website. It's an invitation to treat and so can be withdrawn or amended or they can even choose just not to accept your offer of £15 for entrance and a program at the door. Not a lot any of us could do about it except rely on the promotions good nature to honour what the website states.

Suppose they could do both? Just offer a cheaper version of the race card and then offer all the writing and guff in the programme. Suppose we'll see though, personally I'd like a programme, as long as its decent quality and has a lot to it.

Just out of interest what are people expecting from a program? If you take away everything that was on the race card so, scorecard, previous meeting roundup, that nights round up. Fixtures, second half scorecard, news of any events and advertisements. What else are you looking for? Allowing that the speedway star covers all national and international speedway and their are numerous websites covering speedway. Are you just looking for a program that fits in your pocket?

Edited by Friddy75
  • Like 2

If it's going to be a programme please be reasonable....£15 is, in my opinion is fair for admission,but when you are bringing your 17 year old son who isn't earning (school) then add on the price of a programme eg £2-£4, a bit of parking and we're talking nearly £40 a meeting! That makes it a pricey evening, not only that the majority of supporters don't want the programme, the race card is a much better option, everyone gets one and fills it in, instead of passing a programme around. PROMOTION....listen to your supporters!

• Like 1

If we are going down the programme route, i'd like to see something like they offer at Wakefield Rugby League, fits in back pocket nicely, would just have to spread the heat information over 4 pages thats all.

I hate the racecard, it offers nothing except something to fill in which i don't do anyway because as long as i know main score then i can find all rider scores when announced after and then internet and speedway star.