Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

1. Simon Stead 9.33

2. Andre Compton 4.36

3. Ricky Wells 7.81

4. Tyson Nelson 6.16

5. Olly Allen 8.09

6. Young three pointer with plenty of talent preferably British. (Greenwood?)

7. Facundo Albin 3.62

• Like 1

That is a good lineup, apart from Tyson Nelson who is too erratic for me. The promotion spent lots of time and money in trying to get him his first visa only for him to walk away to a better offer, so I don't think he would be welcome at Owlerton, even if he was available.

That is a good lineup, apart from Tyson Nelson who is too erratic for me. The promotion spent lots of time and money in trying to get him his first visa only for him to walk away to a better offer, so I don't think he would be welcome at Owlerton, even if he was available.

It's likely to be a different owner (if not new promotion) though, so who knows?

A whole lot depends on how much the new owners have left after buying the club, as to how much they have to spend on new riders, be it loan fees or buying riders outright, for 2014.

Who are the current list of Sheffield 'assets'? Anyone have a definitive list? As the new owners might have to go with mainly riders who are Sheffield 'assets' already.

Off the top, I can think of Ben Wilson, Hugh Skidmore, Richard Hall, Emiliano Sanchez, Jake Knight, Facundo Albin, Damien Koppe, Andre Compton, and Klaus Jacobsen.

Off the top, I can think of Ben Wilson, Hugh Skidmore, Richard Hall, Emiliano Sanchez, Jake Knight, Facundo Albin, Damien Koppe, Andre Compton, and Klaus Jacobsen.

Edited by Marcelle

Should we be running next season i suspect the first name to be announced would be Facundo Albin,

Should we be running next season i suspect the first name to be announced would be Facundo Albin,

What not Simon Stead?

Edited by spin king

any room for adam

I like Adam but he is far too injury prone, and we need to keep injuries to a minimum next year (i know thats hard in this sport!). Also I expect that Steady will be back with us next season however i think Facu Albin will be the first name announced, he didnt always plough in with the points but his work rate and never say die attitude was fantastic.

Cant say id be shocked either if Hugh came back after a season away. Just hope the rest of the team gets an overhaul. Olly Allen would be a neat addition and keeping Wells for his away track knowledge would be awesome too.

I like Adam but he is far too injury prone, and we need to keep injuries to a minimum next year (i know thats hard in this sport!). Also I expect that Steady will be back with us next season however i think Facu Albin will be the first name announced, he didnt always plough in with the points but his work rate and never say die attitude was fantastic.

Cant say id be shocked either if Hugh came back after a season away. Just hope the rest of the team gets an overhaul. Olly Allen would be a neat addition and keeping Wells for his away track knowledge would be awesome too.

Some may also disagree but I quite like Tyson Nelson too...

testing.

testing.

YEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back.

Well We'd clean up in the National League... :)

Plus Benji Compton and Kyle Legault.

Plus Benji Compton and Kyle Legault.

It's nice to see that current Canadian champion Kyle Legault is not a forgotten man when it comes to British speedway.

Does anybody know if Kyle Legault would ever come back to British Speedway ? Wouldnt mind seeing him in a Tigers race jacket again, when fully fit he was awesome.

I had to look back as far as 2006 to find Kyle's last season at Sheffield, which also featured the league debut of a young chap called Tai Woffinden.

Sheffield Matches C.M.A. Comments / Grades E.L. C.M.A. 1 Andre Compton 36 9.65 N/E/R 2 Ricky Ashworth 40 7.74 3 Emiliano Sanchez 40 7.38 4 Ben Wilson 38 7.08 D/UP 3.00 5 Kyle Legault 36 6.75 6 Paul Cooper 39 3.79 B 7 Mark Thompson 2 B D/UP 7 Tai Woffinden 1 C D/UP . Also Ridden Benji Compton 35 3.10 B D/UP . Guests 6