British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Redcar Play Off Sunday 6th October 2013

They did use one in Steve Warral and he top scored :rofl::o:D

and earned deseved plaudits and best wishes for a return to the higher level next year.

I think the Diamonds will win by 20 today. Also Rye showed Somerset are beatable today so the group is still wide open.

and earned deseved plaudits and best wishes for a return to the higher level next year.

I think the Diamonds will win by 20 today. Also Rye showed Somerset are beatable today so the group is still wide open.

By 2 points at home. Can't see us getting anything at Somerset but I can see Somerest getting at least a point at Redcar and Brough. Somerset will win the group easily.

By 2 points at home. Can't see us getting anything at Somerset but I can see Somerest getting at least a point at Redcar and Brough. Somerset will win the group easily.

Will be a self fulfilling proficy if your team share your lack of belief.

I can understand you not wanting to big it up only to look silly if it doesnt work out.Perhaps thats the advantage of being neutral

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Sadly it looked like another boring one sided match at Newcastle or am I wrong? Tell me Redcar were brilliant and made Newcastle fight all the way for points, I hope so? PS Where was Mic Dyer? Edited by Catch Me If You Can

Redcar have been woeful at Brough this season. That's the fourth match here and the heaviest defeat; and the other three weren't great either. They have too many riders who just can't ride the track and in all honesty don't seem to put much effort in to try either. Skidmore is shocking around Brough, He must have ridden here a dozen times now and has been miles off the pace pretty much every time. Likewise Dilger. Kus is an embarrassment, to see him shutting off going into turn one in heat 14 when he made his only decent gate was just not good enough. Absolutely zero commitment.

Thank god for Ulrich who is always good value at Brough and Summers who had one of his good Brough matches.

The racing was poor with the outside line working too well tonight meaning passing was virtually impossible.

It suited Ludvig and let’s hope this sudden burst of form is taken into next weekend. We had to win tonight by a big margin and did but this group is still lined up for Somerset who have the strongest team, particularly the strength of their top 3. We have to hope that Redcar can stir themselves into a home victory over the Rebels as a Somerset win at the STMP would leave the Diamonds having to win at Somerset which is surely a bridge too far.

Edited by NJC71

Yep where was Dyer? Bet he rides for Poole tomorrow night Can't say Lemon was much better to be fair sadly looks like he is on the way down now. Pretty forceful ride from Lemon in heat 11 (I think) left Schramm nowhere to go. Ostergaard and Summers apart Redcar were dreadful and the less said about Kus the better

Sadly it looked like another boring one sided match at Newcastle or am I wrong? Tell me Redcar were brilliant and made Newcastle fight all the way for points, I hope so? PS Where was Mic Dyer?

Yep where was Dyer? Bet he rides for Poole tomorrow night Can't say Lemon was much better to be fair sadly looks like he is on the way down now. Pretty forceful ride from Lemon in heat 11 (I think) left Schramm nowhere to go. Ostergaard and Summers apart Redcar were dreadful and the less said about Kus the better

Dyer was 'ill' apparently.

Dyer was 'ill' apparently.

Made no difference. Lemo scored what Dyer probably would have. Sad to see Lemo struggling so badly. Wasn't riding with any speed into the corners and a pale shadow of the Brilliant rider he was for us for 2 1/2 seasons.

• Like 1

Uh-huh.

One Lemon replacing another...

One gifted point against an opposition rider upto heat 13 from the rider in yellow all evening...pathetic.

Role on Thursday...c'mon you Rebels! :D

Uh-huh.

I bet he's riding at Poole tonite though.

Can't say I won't be happy to see the back of a certain few in this team next season, roll on 2014 hopefully big big big changes right through from consortium to riders.

Sadly it looked like another boring one sided match at Newcastle or am I wrong? Tell me Redcar were brilliant and made Newcastle fight all the way for points, I hope so? PS Where was Mic Dyer?

Correct, but then what can you expect when only two of their riders turn up. Our heatleaders could have rode 125's tonight against some of the opposition, and still pipped them on the line.

A powerhouse show from the Diamonds last night, against a two man team. Both Ulrich and Aaron were once again good value for money, and Aaron didn't even need restarts to get his wins this time. All Diamonds, with the exception of Schramm, took either a win or a paid win, which will help some of them pay the bills for the damage others caused to their bikes at Plymouth last Friday. 61 points is handy in the bag should there be no away wins in our half of the PO group, but Somerset must still be favourites, as they stand a better chance of an away win at Redcar than we do at their place on Friday. One never knows as Redcar can be a decent force at the STMP having beaten a superteam recently at their place. :P:wink:

Couldn't ask for more last night, just hope we go to Somerset with that form and they give it their best. Common the Diamonds(and Redcar on Thursday) , just hope Redcar don't do a Berwick on us like Berwick did in 2002. :shock: :shock:

Edited by Tsunami

I am becoming a fan of Wham Bam the Donut man, Chris Schramm. I usually watch him despite the leader as Schrammy is so unpredictable. Take a bow Wham Bam and treat us to a couple of donuts against the Rebels next sunday