British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Injuries can be aggravated and then improve.

Only those looking to stir it with a sh1tty stick would question Ben and his decision not to ride for the Witches this week and then take his place in the EL final.

By rights he probably shouldnt be riding at all given the battering he has taken but obviously wants to play his part when it matters.

no stiring at all, just wondered. As if I was a ippo fan of be pretty annoyed as that's his main club not brum to be best of my knowledge

Nick Morris may be a better option than rr if Ben is not riding.

Not annoyed at all. Ben has been wonderful to watch for most of the season. Some sublime team riding that has been as good as any I have witnessed and many breathtaking passes.

The end of the season has been a nightmare for Ben and the Witches but we have to be philosophical about it.

I doubt hus injuries would allow him to ride 4-5 times in a week but he can get through and then rest if just once a week.

His choice of fixtures is a no brainer.

In turn denying the paying witches fans the chance to watch the said passes he's been producing by picking and choosing meetings in favour of his elite side?

Nick Morris may be a better option than rr if Ben is not riding.

Only allowed a guest for your #1 or if you have more than one rider out - unless it's a reserve.

Only allowed a guest for your #1 or if you have more than one rider out - unless it's a reserve.

Whoops forgot about that, thanks Steve0.
  • Like 1

I would rather he rested monday and enjoyed the racing from the safety of the pit wall.

I bet you would!! It makes you much stronger without him! Monday was proof of that.

No remember that Shovlar said the loss of Rohan would hamper their chances so him missing again is a catastrophe! Or did Shovlar get it wrong again!!!

Does anyone really take anything he says seriously?! ;)

In turn denying the paying witches fans the chance to watch the said passes he's been producing by picking and choosing meetings in favour of his elite side?

but he wasnt fit to do that ... and of course we got the pleasure of rollin Rene instead!! How could we possibly be disappointed?!

Anyway to bring it back to topic - I hope Ben does well and Brum can keep it close to make leg 2 exciting.

The heart say Brum but the head says Poole.

Can see a 12 point lead for the Pirates and them just holding on.

You think that would dampen our celebrations should we win?

Up The Pirates!

I'm sure it wouldn't as it didn't stop Coventry's celebrations but it's a shame it just made Ford so bitter and twisted afterwards. I suppose it will be different this time if the 4th placed team happens to be champions because it's Poole.

• Like 4

I'm sure it wouldn't as it didn't stop Coventry's celebrations but it's a shame it just made Ford so bitter and twisted afterwards. I suppose it will be different this time if the 4th placed team happens to be champions because it's Poole.

Of course the difference in 2010 is that the 4th placed team winning was a popular one with most neutrals. ;)

• Like 4

Of course the difference in 2010 is that the 4th placed team winning was a popular one with most neutrals. ;)

Ha Ha, wonder if it will be the same this time??

The winning might but the popular one unlikely. :D

I think you know the answer to that one! About as popular as someone trumping in a lift! :wink:

• Like 2