British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Like I said Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

We'll here we go a hugely anticipating final to look forward too and man for man poole riding like they did tonight could open up a decisive 1st leg lead IMO !! COYP

• Like 1

The tone was set with Doyle touching the tapes in heat 1. Anyone else surprised Harris wasnt in 15? Good performance from Poole.

Birmingham need to take a gamble in the 2nd leg.

Make a mess of the track, Flood it. ... I remember once Leszno did this and they pulled out a crazy performance to beat Torun who had the much better riders.

Not a chance of that happening. We will, as always, prepare the best track we can and leave 'that sort of thing' to others.

indeed no need to write any situation off when you can just write another cheque.

Why enter a competition with one hand tied behind your back through lack of funds?

He goes out and gets the sponsorship money etc to ensure Poole speedway have a chance of being successful and for that I say a big thank you to our Matt!

• Like 2

There is no doubt this Final is over but Brum have had a fantastic season and reaching the Final is a great achievement,I don't usually single out one rider but Jason Doyle has been brilliant this season.

I hope the team can at least win the meeting next week, Thanks to all the riders for their efforts in 2013 and Well done to Poole.

Looking forward to next season at Perry Barr with hopefully Phil Morris still Team Manager,a number of riders will move on and I wish them all well for their futures.

• Like 7

Super dooper high octane stuff from the Pirates ..i guess if your gonna pull out your best performances of the season then what a great time to do it....they did look a bit lost at Swindon in the 1st leg and quite probably that ht 13 5-1 at the Abbey kept them in the tie as they were looking at a minimum 14-16 point deficit which despite there powerhouse finish last week would have found very difficult to pull back...but then tonight and bang bang bang scintillating stuff.

I am in Dorset on the 21st for a few days in the caravan i wonder if Mr Ford will let me pop over and see if the emulsion paint spots are off it yet as i still feel guilty about spraying it with my paint roller... :o:party:

Nigel Pearson #W****R, Fat Maud acting so innocent was revolting when he is the biggest fraud speedway has ever seen, The amount of times them 2 clowns who present speedway on a Monday night mentioned how Poole rebuilt their side and that Birmingham finished top and Poole finished 4th was a slap in the face to all the Birmingham riders and promotion, To think Martin Smolinski is a GP rider in 2014 sums up speedway the guy knows 1 way to ride a bike and that is CURB CRAWLING, The lack of respect for Tai Woffinden was disgusting (Pearson - Darcy is the best young talent in the world)

• Like 3

Full credit to Matt Ford who kept a cool head and didn't throw in the towel when many other promoters would have given up and written the season off.

especially as he had just had a mad dash to the track from the strictly come dancing auditions judging by what he was wearing tonight
  • Like 7

There is no doubt this Final is over but Brum have had a fantastic season and reaching the Final is a great achievement,I don't usually single out one rider but Jason Doyle has been brilliant this season.

I hope the team can at least win the meeting next week, Thanks to all the riders for their efforts in 2013 and Well done to Poole.

Looking forward to next season at Perry Barr with hopefully Phil Morris still Team Manager,a number of riders will move on and I wish them all well for their futures.

Very encouraging to see how Doyley bounced back from his disastrous start tonight...just looking forward to 2014 and seeing him back in Swindon kevlars :D

• Like 1

Nigel Pearson #W****R, Fat Maud acting so innocent was revolting when he is the biggest fraud speedway has ever seen, The amount of times them 2 clowns who present speedway on a Monday night mentioned how Poole rebuilt their side and that Birmingham finished top and Poole finished 4th was a slap in the face to all the Birmingham riders and promotion, To think Martin Smolinski is a GP rider in 2014 sums up speedway the guy knows 1 way to ride a bike and that is CURB CRAWLING, The lack of respect for Tai Woffinden was disgusting (Pearson - Darcy is the best young talent in the world)

Ah Bless. :P

• Like 3

especially as he had just had a mad dash to the track from the strictly come dancing auditions judging by what he was wearing tonight

Yes I agree it's not to my taste either but I'm sure that won't bother him!

• Like 1

What a tragedy for British speedway, as the mighty Matt Ford cheats a title.

I don't really keep up to speed with the accusations and counter-accusations that appear here so did I miss the cheating? I know there were comments when Ford refused to run against Lakeside because he couldn't put together a competitive team but that's not really cheating is it? Not like claiming your track is waterlogged or that it will take many days to sort a minor electrical problem. And, as there was no penalty publicised, it seems that the powers that be - including Jon Cook as Vice Chairman - accepted that Ford was within his rights to cancel and thereby protect his business. The only other thing I can think of was the horrible night in Manchester. Which shouldn't even have started. But it did before being ended at heat 10. Is it not the losing team that has the say over whether to continue so Belle Vue must have agreed. There might have been tactics involved - especially by BV who would only have 2/3rds of a wage bill, but where was the cheating?

Let's face it, the most exciting riders in the EL this year, the riders that make you want to go and watch them whether riding for or against your team have been Iversen, Woffinden, maybe Zagar, sometimes Andersen and Batchelor, but almost always Ward, Holder and Hancock. Many people undoubtedly dislike Ford, and that's fine by me (and probably by him too) but he does have the knack of putting together attractive and competitive sides while at the same time keeping the majority of his supporters happy so maybe we should be pushing our promotions to do likewise rather than wanting Poole to come down to everyone else's level?

• Like 4