British Speedway Forum

I'll go so far to say that I'm finished with speedway if Nick doesn't ride for Swindon next year and turns out for another EL club without any lengthy ban :mad:

Lets hope he does us all a favour and signs elsewhere then! :lol:

Actually, if Morris has signed a contract and has changed his mind - he shouldn't be allowed to ride in the EL this season for any other team - as contracts are legally binding! Birks hasn't been treated badly at all - it's a numbers game and he hasn't signed a contract as far as I'm aware.

The SA quote says he did have a deal with Rosco over a month ago.

How the hell have you lot come to the conclusion from that statement that Nick is off else where? More likely he's signed for Shefffield.

Must admit i thought the same, but having read the SA there may be something in it.

I suggest you read the Adver article

Newspaper makes sensationalist claims after vague statement from a person. Shock horror!

£50 says Morris is staying at Swindon and is announced in a PL team in the next few weeks.

....So SCB, what do you read into his own Facebook post saying 'Big news coming gonna upset some Speedway fans, but have to do what's best for myself' ?

Put that with the SA story and.....

Edited by hurricanes

Can't help but giggle at the garbage that is posted here. No wonder this forum is seen as a joke by riders and officials

I couldn't give a monkeys chuff that riders and officials see the forum as a joke. Its a decent place to come and have (in most cases) decent debate with like minded folk about a sport that means something to me. If you consider it as you mention, why bother posting?

• Like 2

I couldn't give a monkeys chuff that riders and officials see the forum as a joke. Its a decent place to come and have (in most cases) decent debate with like minded folk about a sport that means something to me. If you consider it as you mention, why bother posting?

Good post ER, we've enough giggly little girls on here with KKS etc - no need for another one... :t:

....So SCB, what do you read into his own Facebook post saying 'Big news coming gonna upset some Speedway fans, but have to do what's best for myself' ?

Already answered that. Its because of the thread on the PL section of this forum.

Morris will be at Swindon. All this hysteria over a vague facebook status!

Not many Robins fans think it was vague though. Me included.

Think he has a little Crystal Ball with him. You Tooooooooooooooooooooo can be like me if you had a little Blur black Book!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

So Somerset can drop him and it's, "ah well, rubbish happens" but Nick cannot do the same in reverse to another club?

He's going nowhere, his comments are because on the Pl section of the forum a few people have said they don't care if eh rides PL, they don't like him, and Brits should get places ahead of him. Not because he's leaving Swindon.

My guess is Leicester and Sheffield. I have to say the way Swindon have conducted their business over the last year is deeply unimpressive.

The way they handled the Birks situation was dreadful, great lad, decent prospect and Belle Vue with 3.13 left have nothing to lose by including him. Also signing Doyley and not using him for two seasons stinks - great team man, good rider still improving.

Mind you if I don't go to crumbling Blunsdon from Reading my nearest track is Lakeside. Tranquilisers please or speedway only on Premier Sports for me...

Me thinks Rosco and even Patch were beguiled by the farmers daughter at Somerset, delicious Debbie...

And do the Rosco's need another lodger with his full time driving job and Swindon Speedway?

Edited by remembertheracers

My guess is Leicester and Sheffield. I have to say the way Swindon have conducted their business over the last year is deeply unimpressive.

The way they handled the Birks situation was dreadful, great lad, decent prospect and Belle Vue with 3.13 left have nothing to lose by including him. Also signing Doyley and not using him for two seasons stinks - great team man, good rider still improving.

Mind you if I don't go to crumbling Blunsdon from Reading my nearest track is Lakeside. Tranquilisers please or speedway only on Premier Sports for me...

Me thinks Rosco and even Patch were beguiled by the farmers daughter at Somerset, delicious Debbie...

And do the Rosco's need another lodger with his full time driving job and Swindon Speedway?

Doyley wasn't used as he asked for more than Swindon were prepared to pay but yes feel sorry for Birks but a massive gamble for any team with that injury :cry:

Has he signed for a Premier team yet??

Edited by bobxski

I think if Nick Morris was Leicester bound every lions fan would be very happy.

He is always impressive around Beaumont Park and would go well with Doyley

Merry Xmas

Mind you isn't he a shoe in for the last spot at Belle Vue?

Doesn't the depend of the new (sic) regulations?

If it is true that 1-5's are limited to two double-uppers, then if Birk's goes to Belle Vue he will be ruled out of PL racing as Cook and Worrall are already doubling-up.

Now Birk's absolutely would benefit from PL racing. If he get's a PL spot, then he may well turn down the EL. From his perspective committing to the EL last year was a mistake as it removed him from the reserves scheme for this season. Now its hard to get a rule to fit all, but for one of the better up and coming Brits to be potentially frozen out by the regulations is disappointing.

Doesn't the depend of the new (sic) regulations?

If it is true that 1-5's are limited to two double-uppers, then if Birk's goes to Belle Vue he will be ruled out of PL racing as Cook and Worrall are already doubling-up.

Now Birk's absolutely would benefit from PL racing. If he get's a PL spot, then he may well turn down the EL. From his perspective committing to the EL last year was a mistake as it removed him from the reserves scheme for this season. Now its hard to get a rule to fit all, but for one of the better up and coming Brits to be potentially frozen out by the regulations is disappointing.

Ash would be mad to accept a full time spot in the top league after his injury or even if he was fully fit.

It has put too many riders back by doing it & he needs to regain fitness & confidence.

• Like 2