British Speedway Forum

How about stead back in the side ? he's such a nice bloke .

That I would love but I doubt it will happen as long as Rosco is involved, there seemed to be a popularity contest going on between the two of them!

• Like 1

Both are media savvy, its an interesting post with your observation. I think though Simon's away form had most to do with his departure.

I think Simon would want to stay at Sheffield in the PL which would rule Swindon out with their Thursday nightbut most of all I hope that multiple leg fracture is healing well.

Not sure Sheffield could afford him now. He's still our asset though. Can you imagine the controversy on here if he was to be re-signed. It may even get 'coombdog' to post on here again! (can't get my smiley to work coombers my old buddy!)

Todays Swindon Advertiser has an article on the most read list about progress on the housing and new stadium development. With the change to more housing and less industrial development the car park for the stadium is being extended. It also confirms that additional parking will be allowed on the centre green of the stadium.

I've never heard of parking on the centre green before, and it seems very dangerous to me.

At least you wont forget where you parked your car, you'll be staring at it all meeting!! :D

Edited by Brummie Kev

And I don't think the person whose front lawn it belongs to will be very happy either.

• Like 1

The centre green parking was always in the proposal but its intended to be used for the market etc on non-race days not for speedway parking.

I just took a look at the piece in the Adver and its unclear as to whether that is still the case! I'm assuming the centre green will have a hollow in otherwise viewing is likely to be restricted somewhat!

What a bloody daft idea!

I'm afraid i'm with those that see this new stadium as being nothing but problematic for the speedway. Just at a time that we could do without any more problems.

Edited by BuzzCagney

All possible parking will be needed for Speedway, the dog racing gets about 50 cars and the market only ever gets about one third of the number that Speedway gets for a normal meeting let alone something like the ELRC, the playoffs or the visits of Poole. It has been mentioned that the park and ride at Groundwell, if reopened, could be used.

Funnily enough i drove past that earlier. It looks as if the building has been burnt out!

Besides, I reckon people will only be willing to park that far for the big matches. And we

don't even know if we'll get them once we lose the big and accessible Abbey.

I do hope there are some smart people watching out for the speedway during all of this.

• Like 1

All possible parking will be needed for Speedway, the dog racing gets about 50 cars and the market only ever gets about one third of the number that Speedway gets for a normal meeting let alone something like the ELRC, the playoffs or the visits of Poole. It has been mentioned that the park and ride at Groundwell, if reopened, could be used.

Drove past the Abbey 8:00pm Friday and the car park looked at least half full - although the main stand certainly didn't...

Edited by yerropes

Drove past the Abbey 8:00pm Friday and the car park looked at least half full - although the main stand certainly didn't...

Have been to dog racing a couple of times and have been surprised how few people go to it, but they do put out special offers and occasionally have top race meetings which pull more in. It seems that the racing is mostly run for the tv in the betting shops. The public tend to park next to the spectators gate but the carpark behind the stand is mostly used by the dog owners and the one behind the back straight is not used at all.

Edited by A ORLOV

Just checking my Facebook updates and I see Rosco has just become 'Friends' with Lewis Bridger!!! Should Robins fans be reading anything into this, I wonder? :D