British Speedway Forum

Only telling the truth & god knows how they think the crowds will come flocking back because of it.

So what else do you suggest?

So what else do you suggest?

Squads should've been looked into first as I'm sorry but I'm not paying the same price as last season to watch National League riders being fast tracked.

Premier lge riders at reserve was ok but this isn't right.

• Like 3

Squads should've been looked into first as I'm sorry but I'm not paying the same price as last season to watch National League riders being fast tracked.

Premier lge riders at reserve was ok but this isn't right.

Are you going to pay the same price as last year tho? And how would you impliment a squad system?

Come off it, the crowds have not flocked in for several years and like it or not those 23 riders will be drafted. We have had substandard riders, too many doubling up with date clashes.

Of all the clubs none struggled more financially than Swindon, so the delusions of grandeur are misplaced. It hasn't been a real Elite League for almost a decade.

There is just a chance this may save the top league in some form and may just help a few Brits progress more

quickly.

Delusions of grandeur??? We were in the PL for many happy years so I think your suggestion is misplaced! As fans we expect to get what we pay for and throwing in 2 NL riders is NOT the way forward . It may save clubs a few quid but it won't bring fans back and judging by the response on here further fans will leave as they are fed up being taken as mugs! What the BSPA should have done at the AGM was to concentrate on improving the entertainment and giving value for money - they've done the opposite and will suffer as a result where it hurts - in their pockets!

• Like 3

Come off it, the crowds have not flocked in for several years and like it or not those 23 riders will be drafted. We have had substandard riders, too many doubling up with date clashes.

Of all the clubs none struggled more financially than Swindon, so the delusions of grandeur are misplaced. It hasn't been a real Elite League for almost a decade.

There is just a chance this may save the top league in some form and may just help a few Brits progress more

quickly.

When the standard is high the Swindon fans do flock ...when it sub standard and Nl no hopers like we will be getting they don't .

NL no hopers? Jesus Christ man give them a bloody chance

Why should we? If I wanted to see NL then I'd go to a NL match - not an EL match. By the way, I have no desire to go to a NL match!

• Like 1

will be good to see any of the 3 local lads, Smart, Ritchings, Reade, riding, and hopefully showing more commitment and better rapport with the fans than Hansi Andersen etc., Hopefully they will kick on like the other local lads that rode for the Robins in the past, such as Kilby, the Ashbys, Keener, Dukey, Mad Wellie, Rosco, the Chessells, Smarts, Hewlett, and the Purton-flyer Mac Woolford etc.,

Edited by marllamb downsman
  • Like 1

Well they are hardly no hopers that was my point.

Simon Lambert, Lee Smart, Dan Halsey, Ben Hopwood and Paul Starke are no hopers. They have been around years now. Harsh but true. One or two of the others may make it as ok PL riders but 2 or 3 of them will be lucky to make it as EL rider (so 6+ averages) but they would have probably got EL places this season anyway.

As if my enthusiasm couldn't get any lower for the sport after the play-offs...the AGM rears its head yet again.

I mentioned my idea of a running format a few years ago, and after seeing the mess the league finds its self in now, the more I think my idea has legs.

EL Teams face each other home and away once each, alternating each week, home one week, away the next.

Every team also has a 4 rider academy/conference team running 4v4 13 heat formats in the week the elite team is away. Keep charging 17/18 quid for the EL matches (wont be enough to fund an elite team of old but enough to retain a decent standard 1-7), 10-12 for the academy.

People asking for weekly speedway get their fix. We can watch the kids get more track time and develop. People get to watch the few world class riders left racing over here (possibly attracting a few more back with reduced fixtures).Promoters aren't shelling out for so many elite meetings. And crucially all meetings (elite or academy) are of a reasonably equal standard.

I'd much rather that than the awful "cut and shut" mishmash that we have on our hands currently.

• Like 1

I applaud the sentiment of the English reserves, but I don't think this has been thought through properly.

Any club's season could be over before it has begun if they are left with the 'no hopers' (no offence) despite how strong their top 5 may be.

What do Poole do cover Kyle Newman should he get injured ?

What do Poole or Wolves do to cover Darcy or Tai should they be absent/injured - R/R will significantly weaken both teams.

Should Swindon re-sign Birks in the top 5, who wants to see him and his opposite number race against the inexperienced NL riders, similarly who really wants to watch Darcy or Tai race against young Ashley - it's just not competitive..

And at Swindon - all this for £17 +£2.50 programme and £1.50 parking (£21) - it is much too expensive !

Would like to be looking forward to the 2014 season - sadly I've little enthusiasm so far :cry:

• Like 3

Peter Kildemand 8.25 Peter Kildemand 8.25

Nick Morris d/u 5.90 Nick Morris d/u 5.90

Simon Gustafsson 5.17 Troy Batchelor 8.21

Mads Korneliussen 6.97 Simon Gustafsson 5.17

anyone up to 5.71 leaves up to 4.47

cannon fodder or challengers??

which one do we fancy?

apparently Doyley doesn't fancy it next year ... if reports are true!!

Edited by dump that clutch

When the standard is high the Swindon fans do flock ...when it sub standard and Nl no hopers like we will be getting they don't .

So why didnt they flock last season