British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

If Scott Nicholls was to ride in the Premier League then you would expect him to average somewhere over 9 a match and possibly over 10. So if the EL in 2014 doesn't have some riders back like Lindgren, Bjerre, Iversen, Andersen, Karlsson, Kildemand etc then why shouldn't he be an 8+ rider again. Have to agree that if he rode for Wolves then his average would most likely go up as he is usually a big scorer around Monmore Green. However I fully expect him to be back at Coventry or Ipswich next season.

As for Wolves 2014, avoiding any complications, we should see Tai Woffinden 9.20, Ty Proctor 5.78, Ricky Wells 5.35 and Jacob Thorssell 4.61 back in the starting line up while Adam Skornicki 6.15, Ludvig Lindgren 4.48, Nicolai Klindt 4.24, Sam Masters 3.85, Pontus Aspgren 3.15 and Ashley Morris 3.00 have to be on the short list for the remaining places. Freddie Lindgren 8.94 looks likely to be missing from British Speedway in 2014 having agreed deals to ride in Sweden (Tuesday & Thursday), Poland (Sunday) and the GP's / SEC (Saturday).

Much will depend on what the points limit is going to be and that will be set once we know which riders are likely to return and how many tracks are to compete in the 2014 Elite League season but I would think it has to be somewhere between 36 - 38 points maximum.

Woffinden 9.20

Proctor 5.78

Wells 5.35

Thorssell 4.61

Masters 3.85

Aspgren 3.15= 31.94

Leaving 6.06 or 4.06 if points are set at 38 or 36

New rider but please not Klindt

Woffinden 9.20

Proctor 5.78

Wells 5.35

Thorssell 4.61

Masters 3.85

Aspgren 3.15= 31.94

Leaving 6.06 or 4.06 if points are set at 38 or 36

New rider but please not Klindt

Hopefully riders that ride in boththe EL and PL will have their averages recalculated to give one average. That may just allow Adam Skornicki to fit in if its 38 or Nicolai if its 36. However both can fit in if Pontus isn't recalled and they go with Ashley Morris instead even though Pontus has clearly improved a lot over the last 12 months just like Jacob and including both should benefit all parties.

Doubt Wolves would go for Ryan Fisher 5.71 but wouldn't mind seeing Simon Gustafsson 5.17 or Richie Worrall 5.78 included although their parent tracks (Eastbourne and Belle Vue) may well see them as ideal second strings for next season.

If the limit is 38 and we can secure the services of Tai Woffinden 9.20 (which won't be cheap) then I would personally like to see a line up of #1 Tai Woffinden, #5 Ty Proctor 5.78, #3 Ricky Wells 5.35, #4 Simon Gustafsson 5.17, #2 Jacob Thorssell 4.61, #6 Ludvig Lindgren 4.48 and #7 Pontus Aspgren 3.15 = 37.74

Mikkel Bech Jensen 5.05 could be used doubling up if Gustafsson stays at Eastbourne

It may not appear a strong line up but Woffy should be a 10+ rider while all the rest can improve on their averages with Ludvig a strong reserve alongside Pontus to form a formidable back up pairing through the season.

Edited by T.N.T.

Ludvig seamed to run out of steam as the season went on so not sure I would use him a new face to freshen up the side for me.

• Like 1

Tai Woffinden will be the main guest on the Colin Murray show on Talk Sport on Tuesday. The show starts at 10 but guests come in at 11 and are usually on for 30 minutes or more.

Well Done Tai

Tai Woffinden will be the main guest on the Colin Murray show on Talk Sport on Tuesday. The show starts at 10 but guests come in at 11 and are usually on for 30 minutes or more.

Well Done Tai

Is that am or pm

News from tonight's talk in.

Ty Proctor and Jacob Thorssell confirmed starters for next season. Tai hopefully dependent on AGM.

Sam Masters has emailed CVS weekly and is keen to be at Wolves next season. He hasn't heard anything from his parent club Somerset yet.

Pontus has made progress this year and would be a consideration.

Ashley Morris - No more NL so PL and possibly some EL (with Wolves).

Jakub Jamrog - is probably to wild for Monmore. Berge the young French lad is probably a couple of seasons away from being EL ready.

* FREDDIE IS HAVING A SEASON OUT OF EL *

No new on the SKY contract but their will be an inevitable weakening of both EL and PL if that is the case.

If EL is weakened it is believed 3 teams will join.

Teams are looking at 20 home meetings with regional competition to start the season.

Ty is looking to race in Sweden and Poland and not PL. He has interest from Sweden and 3 clubs interested in Poland. If these fall thru it is possible he will double down as needs more racing.

An interesting bit of information was shared on Mikkel Michelsen and Michael Jepsen Jensen.

Michelsen was keen to join Wolves, spent a lot of time with PA, PA payed for his flight for a trip back from Poland but he never turned up. It was then announced he had signed for Eastbourne which Wolves were surprised at.

MJJ chose to sign for Wolves but wanted to race in EL there and then at the back end of 2011 and we couldn't give him the racing he needed so went to Peterborough.

A story was told about Peter Ljung as the replacement for Ty (after the Michelsen deal fell thru) but to protect PA i wont publish the details on here as Lakeside promotion might be offended!!

Doubling up is likely to continue.

*if no SKY then the double points is likely to revert back to normal tactical substitutes *

The top GP boys probably earn a million!!

Judging by what was said at the Wolves talk in tonight and through conversations I have had recently, it very much looks like Leicester are moving up and should the EL and PL cut back the limits next season, Ipswich and Workington may apply to join also in 2014.

11 teams works fine and it was confirmed tonight that if it is 11 they would look at riding both teams twice at home and twice away giving 20 home meetings and 20 away meetings before the play offs .... which they want to change to Monday & Wednesday for each clash.

Should it be more than 11 and go to 13 or 14 (Sheffield maybe), then they would be looking at riding each other just once home and away (12/13 x2) and then starting the season with a seperate competition with two groups of seven (6 home and 6 away) adding to those. .... Obviously no room for the return of a KO Cup

Personally I would hope they agree the Leicester approach as they tried last season but then close the door to do the 20/20 fixtures. At least it looks to be the end of the unbalanced fixture list of riding one team more than another.

Should the SKY deal not go through .... havent even held talks with them yet, 2 weeks before the AGM ..... then it looks like double tac points will be replaced by the old tac sub rides which will please quite a few

What the limit would be reduced to is unsure and will depend on how many teams start, but if its as man as 14 then the limit could well be lower than 36 but Wolves will be starting with Ty Proctor and Jacob Thorssell and are moving heaven and earth (along with the BSPA) to ensure Tai Woffinden is back next season wearing the Wolves #1 race jacket.

Hopefully Pontus Aspgren 3.15 will also be included as I know he is keen to come back to Wolves and Sam Masters 3.85 has been in touch with CVS every week since March and would be keen to lne up next season ...... it just remains to be seen if the rest of the team would be more like Skornicki and Wells or Morris and Blackbird ? ?

Some interesting posts there from Steve and TNT, thanks for sharing them. So 3 current Pl teams looking to join the El if its weakened, I would guess Leicester and Ipswich would be 2 but what about the third team. Sheffield with the stadium and track they have should be in the top flight, perhaps they could under new owners but I have a hunch on Somerset. Fantastic track, had a great year, so perhaps a new challenge and big local derbies against the Robins.

Was there any talk of any current El teams dropping out, a few with money worries?

Edited by Brummie Kev

Some interesting posts there from Steve and TNT, thanks for sharing them.

Was there any talk of any current El teams dropping out, a few with money worries?

Nothing mentioned, but who knows after the AGM!!

Some interesting posts there from Steve and TNT, thanks for sharing them. So 3 current Pl teams looking to join the El if its weakened, I would guess Leicester and Ipswich would be 2 but what about the third team. Sheffield with the stadium and track they have should be in the top flight, perhaps they could under new owners but I have a hunch on Somerset. Fantastic track, had a great year, so perhaps a new challenge and big local derbies against the Robins.

Leicester are almost certain to miove up and I have been told that Ipswich and Workington are likley to apply while Sheffield may apply under new owners

Only team mentioned about dropping out was Eastbourne but it was pointed out they say that every year and still line up the following March

Nice for KKS / Hougaard Racing / whoever ...... MJJ nearly signed for Wolves but couldn't wait til the following season and so joined Peterborough. Since then he has spoken to Pete Adams who admitted they made a mistake and should have waited and regret signing for Peterborough. ;)

Leicester are almost certain to miove up and I have been told that Ipswich and Workington are likley to apply while Sheffield may apply under new owners

Only team mentioned about dropping out was Eastbourne but it was pointed out they say that every year and still line up the following March

Nice for KKS / Hougaard Racing / whoever ...... MJJ nearly signed for Wolves but couldn't wait til the following season and so joined Peterborough. Since then he has spoken to Pete Adams who admitted they made a mistake and should have waited and regret signing for Peterborough. ;)

Let get MJJ signed for next season then.

I have to say well don to PA an wolves. As there talk ins seem to be very well presented going by the fans reaction on here every year.

They always seem very thorough and knowledgable. So well done wolves promotion. T

So Peter Adams let it out of the bag that they have just missed out on Jepsen Jensen in 2011 and Michelsen in 2014.

At least he never said anything about Mikkel Bech !!