British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

If Eastbourne dont want him Mikkel Michelsen would be a steal.Thought he would be one of the first to sign up with the Eagles.

Nearly nabbed him last season according to CVS.

Tweeted to say hes signing for someone very soon.

If Eastbourne dont want him Mikkel Michelsen would be a steal.Thought he would be one of the first to sign up with the Eagles.

Nearly nabbed him last season according to CVS.

Tweeted to say hes signing for someone very soon.

Michelsen would be a good signing for any team.

• Like 1

On a low average and decent around Monmore, Ricky Kling has to be a no-brainer doesn't he? ;)

not in a 1-5 line up thanks.

Not even in a very weakened league, Steve?

The 1-5s are not really any weaker though, are they? Who would Kling beat thats already signed for a team?

The 1-5s are not really any weaker though, are they? Who would Kling beat thats already signed for a team?

He would struggle to beat a reserve.

Well, it depends which one shows up... 5 weeks out of 6 he wouldn't beat much, in the 6th week he'd beat most and score double figures.

Wouldn't want him in a 1-5 though. He was an option last year as a reserve, not this.

Not even in a very weakened league, Steve?

I get where you are coming from sandking072, is usually great value at Monmore so from that point it seems a wise move.

However you have to look at his form in the past few seasons and he always struggles when in the 1-5. He struggled in the PL so i think that tells its own story.

In a usual strength team with a strong top 5 id say he was worth a punt, but most definetly not in a top 5 line up - no matter how weak it is!

edited for spelling

Edited by stevebrum

Have to say Ricky Kling always rode well at Monmore Green but Wolves have Pontus Aspgren on 4.04 who would be a much better addition to the team IF Wolves were looking for a four point rider and an eight plus heat leader.

However I would be suprised if Wolves are going to be looking in that direction otherwise PK would have been signed up weeks ago. It now looks more likely they are going for more strength in depth and trying to build a team with Jacob Thorssell 4.61 as he lowest ranked rider in the starting 1-5.

Can't see Eastbourne not wanting Mikkel Michelsen 5.00 back as he is clearly a class act and better than his assessed average. With the Eagles now having 9.64 left for the last two places, they can't fit in Michelsen and Gustafsson 5.17 and think Gustafsson is a rider that can excel at a new track and I labelled him and Scott Nicholls as a paring that would have been good signings for next season.

With Nicholls however now at Belle Vue, there isn't really and seven point riders around now and Wolves would now be better off going with another of my prefered choices in Skornicki and Zengota to make a more solid line up than a top heavy one. It may not be everyone's prefered pairings (stevebrum) ..... but is there any better combination around to fill the last two places ?

Also it would be a risk for any team to feature doubling up riders in their 1-5 unless they are a heat leader like Doyle. Ricky Wells has done a great job at Wolves since arriving but it would be crazy to field a team that included two riders that featured in the same Premier League team and therefore can't see him featuring for Wolves next season.

There is however one rider that I think could feature in the Wolves team alongside Skornicki instead of Zengota. When Ty Proctor was injured, Wolves spoke to Peter Ljung 5.60 who was keen to come over but Lakeside said they wanted him and he wasn't keen on riding for them again so he never came.

Now he has publically stated he would be interested in riding in England next season and with Lakeside already complete, Wolves would have a clear path to strike up a deal with Ljung who since gaining that average has ridden in the GP's and scored well for Sweden in the WTC aswell as backing up Tai at Wroclaw last season. On such an average he would also be classed as a second string and feature in some races with and against the new reserve picked riders

Skornicki 6.14 with Zengota 6.15 or Ljung 5.60

Edited by T.N.T.

Wolves would now be better off going with another of my prefered choices in Skornicki and Zengota to make a more solid line up than a top heavy one. It may not be everyone's prefered pairings (stevebrum) ..... but is there any better combination around to fill the last two places ?

Skornicki 6.14 with Zengota 6.15 or Ljung 5.60

Zengota would be great for ....................... nothing on the road.

Ljung if he wanted to do a full season then i would be more than happy with.

So yes there is a better combination! ;-)

MJJ and Ljung..... :wink:

Would be nice ...... but MJJ is unlikely to be riding in England in a season of 36 league meetings on various race nights.

Same as Kolodiej and Ljung ....... nice but unlikely hence SKORNICKI !!