British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

In any other season I would expect a decent return from most of the Wolves teamas the certanly have potential but tis looks to be a very diferet season ahead. Ty Procto for me improved his riding style in 2012 and we started to see the improvement in 2013 until injury hit. Next season he is the third heat leader and we have already seen some big riders in that role at other clubs. .... Scott Nicholls, Rory Schlein and Maciej Janowski are just three.

If the thoughts on what the race format are likely to be would mean Ty is likely to be up against the opposing top three in most races, so that is going to be tough. However the second strings are likely to have two races alongside a reserve and against a reserve. That should mean Ricky and Jacob should be good for roughly four points in those two heats and possibly one or two more in the other two. If those three can get about 16-18 between them and Tai and Piotr get 18-22, then the reserves would have to get 6-12 points and Wolves have a decent pairing.

At the moment I see it as the reserves that are going to be the key figures in all teams and thankfully Wolves are strong in that department so Wolves could be a suprise team in 2014 ... a suprise to me and many others !!

Tai 11-13 = 9.60

Piotr 7-9 = 7.20

Ty 4-6 = 5.00

Ricky 5-7 = 6.00

Jacob 5-7 = 6.00

Ashley 4-8 = 6.00

Joe 3-6 = 4.50

Edited by T.N.T.

Best post I've seen on the team for 2014 season. Could not agree more.

I agree but it will be a big ask of Proctor coming back from injury.

I think Wells will hold the key.He had some really poor performances towards the back end of the season,and was passed quite easily at times.

In fact, had Pawliki been assessed at six instead of seven(as he should have been)then i dont think Ricky would have even made it into the team.

I think Wells will hold the key.He had some really poor performances towards the back end of the season,and was passed quite easily at times.

In fact, had Pawliki been assessed at six instead of seven(as he should have been)then i dont think Ricky would have even made it into the team.

I agree Wells will have the most to prove.

Proctor i don't see a problem, as far as we are aware he will be back on a bike in the new year and there is no suggestion he cant carry on where he left off.

I think Wells will hold the key.He had some really poor performances towards the back end of the season and was passed quite easily at times.

In fact, had Pawliki been assessed at six instead of seven (as he should have been) then i dont think Ricky would have even made it into the team.

Ricky had quite a few meetings that were below par but then suddenly had the ride of the night. With th race format looking like he will be against the opposing second strings and reserves twice, he should be capable of winning most of those at home while away you hope he can at least beat the opposing reserve. So 6 at home and 4 away plus anything he can pick up from his other two rides and Ricky shouldn't be too bad.

Had Pawlicki been 6.00 instead of 7.00 (which is probably right but some others may not be), then I'm sure Adam Skornicki would have been named in the team instead. However Ricky seemed to be in the plans from day one as he would have fitted had Jason Doyle signed up earlier.

I agree Wells will have the most to prove.

Proctor i don't see a problem, as far as we are aware he will be back on a bike in the new year and there is no suggestion he cant carry on where he left off.

Ty has the toughest job of all. Quite frankly if he can score 5 each meeting should be a good night as most of his rides will be against the opposing top three riders and there are some strong looking trio's at a number of teams. He will also have one or two rides alongside Tai and Piotr, so a third place in those will be a success. So a night of 1 1 2 1 would be a reasnable night considering the riders he may be up against being the third heat leader.

JOE JACOBS; He has signed to ride for Peterborough in the Premier League. ....... If there is a clash of dates, do Panthers get him or us as we don't own him. Ashley Morris is ok for all PL meetings like Ricky Wells as they are club assets.

This is NOT the race format but it COULD be something like this ...

It does show that Ty Proctor may struggle as most of his rides may be against heat leaders whlle the second strings could be important as they may have two easy rides. However the reserves could be the big scorers

Maybe the format is something like .........

Teams line up in average order .... so Wolves v Poole would be ....

1 5 1 5 ........... Woffinden / Thorssell V Ward / Milik

2 4 2 4 ........... Pawlicki / Wells V Pawlicki / Josh

6 7 6 7 ........... Morris / Jacobs V Newman / Smart

3 4 3 4 ........... Proctor / Wells V Janowski / Josh

2 5 2 5 ........... Pawlicki / Thorssell V Pawlicki / Milik

1 3 1 3 ........... Woffinden / Proctor V Ward / Janowski

5 7 4 6 ........... Thorssell V Jacobs V Josh / Newman

4 6 5 7 ........... Wells / Morris V Milik / Smart

2 3 1 3 ........... Pawlicki / Proctor V Ward V Janowski

6 7 6 7 ........... Morris / Jacobs V Newman / Smart

1 3 2 3 ........... Woffinden / Proctor V Pawlicki / Janowski

5 6 4 7 ........... Thorssell / Morris V Josh / Smart

1 2 1 2 ........... Woffinden / Pawlicki V Ward / Pawlicki

4 7 5 6 ........... Wells / Jacobs V Milik / Newman

N N N N

The heat leaders have their races almost as a seperate meeting and face each other in most heats

At home I think Proctor will hold his own if the race format is like that TNT and could do ok on a lot off other tracks.

At home I think Proctor will hold his own if the race format is like that TNT and could do ok on a lot off other tracks.

IF the race format is anything like this, these are the riders Ty would be up against home and away

3 4 3 4 ........... Proctor / Wells V

1 3 1 3 ........... Woffinden / Proctor V

2 3 1 3 ........... Pawlicki / Proctor V

1 3 2 3 ........... Woffinden / Proctor V

BELLE VUE; Nicholls / Worrall = Zagar / Nicholls = Zagar / Nicholls = Cook / Nicholls

BRUMMIES; Kennett / Skornicki ? = King / Kennett = King / Kennett = Barker / Kennett

COVENTRY; Hansen / Fisher = Andersen / Hansen = Andersn / Hansen = Harris / Hansen

EASTBOURNE; Woodward / Nilsson = Pedersen / Woodward = Pedersen / Woodward = Kylmakorpi / Woodward

KINGS LYNN; Schlein / Porsing = Iversen / Schlein = Iversen / Schlein = Bjerre / Schlein

LAKESIDE; Bridger / Bech = PK / Bridger = PK / Bridger = Watt / Bridger

LEICESTER; Hougaard / Ljung = Doyle / Hougaard = Doyle / Hougaard = Mads K / Hougaard

POOLE; Janowski / Josh = Ward / Janowski = Ward / Janowski = Pawlicki / Janowski

SWINDON; Morri / Gustafsson = Kildemand / Morris = Kildemand / Morris = Batchelor / Morris

3 4 3 4 ........... ============ v Proctor / Wells

1 3 1 3 ........... ============ v Woffinden / Proctor

2 3 1 3 ........... ============ v Pawlicki / Proctor

1 3 2 3 ........... ============ v Woffinden / Proctor

Remember this is NOT the format but it may be something like it.

There are very few races that Ty will be against a rider with a smaller average than him where as he has been in some races up against reserves and #2 riders in the old format. Not saying he won't hold his own .... but he is going to be working alot harder if the format is anything like that.

IF the race format is anything like this, these are the riders Ty would be up against home and away

3 4 3 4 ........... Proctor / Wells V

1 3 1 3 ........... Woffinden / Proctor V

2 3 1 3 ........... Pawlicki / Proctor V

1 3 2 3 ........... Woffinden / Proctor V

BELLE VUE; Nicholls / Worrall = Zagar / Nicholls = Zagar / Nicholls = Cook / Nicholls

BRUMMIES; Kennett / Skornicki ? = King / Kennett = King / Kennett = Barker / Kennett

COVENTRY; Hansen / Fisher = Andersen / Hansen = Andersn / Hansen = Harris / Hansen

EASTBOURNE; Woodward / Nilsson = Pedersen / Woodward = Pedersen / Woodward = Kylmakorpi / Woodward

KINGS LYNN; Schlein / Porsing = Iversen / Schlein = Iversen / Schlein = Bjerre / Schlein

LAKESIDE; Bridger / Bech = PK / Bridger = PK / Bridger = Watt / Bridger

LEICESTER; Hougaard / Ljung = Doyle / Hougaard = Doyle / Hougaard = Mads K / Hougaard

POOLE; Janowski / Josh = Ward / Janowski = Ward / Janowski = Pawlicki / Janowski

SWINDON; Morri / Gustafsson = Kildemand / Morris = Kildemand / Morris = Batchelor / Morris

3 4 3 4 ........... ============ v Proctor / Wells

1 3 1 3 ........... ============ v Woffinden / Proctor

2 3 1 3 ........... ============ v Pawlicki / Proctor

1 3 2 3 ........... ============ v Woffinden / Proctor

Remember this is NOT the format but it may be something like it.

There are very few races that Ty will be against a rider with a smaller average than him where as he has been in some races up against reserves and #2 riders in the old format. Not saying he won't hold his own .... but he is going to be working alot harder if the format is anything like that.

heck you've got some time on your hands. Surely if proctor wants to improve as a rider these will be the guys to do it against.Beating reserves all year won't be any good for him.

• Like 1

He beat a few when riding at 2 when paired with Lindgren and Tai so no real reason not to do it again now unless still not fit which I hope he is.

There are going to be some very strange averages come the end of the season, with the top riders racing each other more often there averages will come down further... while the 4th and 5th riders averages will boom....

There are going to be some very strange averages come the end of the season, with the top riders racing each other more often there averages will come down further... while the 4th and 5th riders averages will boom....

If this proves to be the case Proctor and Wells will swap positions mid season I'd imagine.

If this proves to be the case Proctor and Wells will swap positions mid season I'd imagine.

More than likely. Then Wells will really struggle.

Such riders will be desperate not to go higher in the team!

Rolling averages will come into effect and remember this is NOT the race format. Just a rough idea of how it could look and Ty is the lowest averaging #3 rider in the league but if he has the form he had before his injury, he could still score well and his partnership with Freddie and Tai was awesome with many a 5-1 over good riders.

No doubt some heat leaders will have poor meetings while a reserve or second string could be big scorers. Fisher and Garrity could be two that will benefit early on and should Bomber struggle with the harder heats early on, he could drop to a second string mid season and have the easier races. Jason Garrity, Lewis Kerr and a few others could easily average over 8 a match ..... but they wont get an official average and will remain at reserve.

Wolves havent got the best looking team, even the die hard fans can see that, but it is a team that could be much better as the season goes on. Piotr Pawlicki will have some tough races, but once he settles in he could be a real match winner and hopefully Ty is back to full fitness and back to where he left off.

Ricky and Jacob are good second strings with potential and even if they score well while Ty and PP struggle early on, by mid season we could have Ty and PP in the scond string berths and scoring well in the "easier" heats.

Should be an interesting season but like every season, it's all about who finishes the season the strongest and makes the right changes at the right times ..... there are some decent riders on the sidelines waiting to come in at the drop of a hat ........ or the increase of a riders average ;)

Edited by T.N.T.

More than likely. Then Wells will really struggle.

Such riders will be desperate not to go higher in the team!

I guess the trick is for the second strings to make sure they finish behind the reserve to keep their averages down. I wonder how many will work that out?