British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

Just a quick one on proctor for you wolves fans

I was impressed by him on Sunday. Yes he diddnt score many points but considering he's just coming back from a serious neck injury he was mixing it. He wasn't scared or out. So all bodes well for ya's

Also he looked fast. Just wasn't gating

• Like 1

I was impressed by him on Sunday. Yes he diddnt score many points but considering he's just coming back from a serious neck injury he was mixing it. He wasn't scared or out. So all bodes well for ya's

Thanks for that PTA. :t:

I know I have said it on the thread previously but I think this boy is going to have an excellent season. I think for Wolves to be challenging for honours this year Ty will need to be performing as he was last season. Wolves could be the dark horses again!!

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 2

Think ty might surprise a few people in premier league to for the rebels,hope so anyway

• Like 1

Agree FK, Piotr didn't look phased by the track. I notice Tai was leading him round and pointing lines to him.

Tai looks to be on same equipment and the only rider that had a number on his back - Number 1.

Ty had number 3 on his bike (unless my eyes deceived me?) and put in the most laps. Looked hungry which is a great sign.

Jacob looked pretty quick too and Ash also looked OK.

I know Joe was stuck on the M6 and wasn't sure if he made it?? Only re-call 6 Wolves riders on track. The more eagle eyed will put me right.

Ricky looked OK.

• Like 1

You've got a terrific signing in young Piotr!!

• Like 1

More laps being done this morning it seems, so if Joe didn't get on track last night, he should do today.

Sudden Sam on track this morning according to Twitter also.

You've got a terrific signing in young Piotr!!

I think both Pawlicki brothers are Poles that have the ability to adapt to the smaller tracks in the UK which is why they do well over here. The more I look at this Wolves team - the more I like it!! :t:

I think both Pawlicki brothers are Poles that have the ability to adapt to the smaller tracks in the UK which is why they do well over here. The more I look at this Wolves team - the more I like it!! :t:

I've been told they have a mini-track behind their house back home. So tight turns aren't a problem.

There were some stand-out showings for your lot Wolves fans.

Tai - When he did ride flat out he looked very quick indeed - could have binned it once.

Wells & Proctor - I can cover these in one. Nothing much to report to be honest. Looked okay but nothing more nor less.

Morris - Ash looked okay but I've seen him faster around Monmore. Hopefully it's just a case of blowing away the cobwebs. I should stress that this isn't to suggest he looked in any way poor.

Now those that stood out.

Pawlicki - He looked very quick and although he overlocked a couple of times he looked perfectly at home. He was perhaps just starting to spin up a touch around the middle of the straights but that'll be no more than fine tuning his set-up. He's going to bolster the dogheads' bid for silverware on the road and if he gets dialled in to racing Monmore as well as riding it fast then they are going to be tough to turn over on their own shale.

Jacobs - Joe looked really smooth and fast (fast being a relative term for him compared to EL riders before anyone chirps up). Wolves fans who know little about him will soon be won over I'm sure. He and Ash will form a potent pairing, particularly at Monmore.

Thorssell - Assuming that who I think was Jacob was indeed he then he looked very sharp indeed. Fast, smooth and comfortable. A potential match winner.

I'm not sure Ty will replicate last season's early form but that apart I can see Wolves being a tough nut to crack at home and on their day tough to shake off away. Tai will likely win races for fun and Ash and Joe might not concede too many heat advantages so they could well often pick up points on the road.

• Like 1

TALK IN/MEET THE RIDERS

All the riders were present and interviewed by Porkie.

JOE - Is looking forward to the EL experience. Was happy to join Wolves as more local.

Challenges are to stay fit and beat the other reserves then he will have done his job.

TY- Still jet lagged, arrived back in UK on Friday. Was given the all clear to race again 1st week of Feb. Found it tough to start with being beaten by local kids but now feels better but was worried about his form. Is riding in the Swedish 2nd Division and Somerset in the PL(noticed there was big gaps in EL fixtures so was happy then to get a place in PL). Sees Wolves as his family and is happy to stay at the club as long as he is wanted.

RICKY - Went to the States and did a bit of riding. Is riding with Workington in the PL and happy to be away from Sheffield! Glad to be back at Wolves and sees this as his family. Had to wait for Piotr to sign before he could be confirmed in the starting line up.

JACOB - Enjoyed his 1st season. Has good equipment for the new season. Is riding with Tai at Vetlanda, Sweden and also Ornarna in Alsveskian League.

ASHLEY - Tai was unhappy with him because him spun him out in the Go Karting and lost the win to Ty! Is looking forward to learning from the big boys in the EL. Is racing for Workington in the PL. Needs to get out the gates and beat the other reserves. Will ask Woffy for advise on away tracks.

TAI - A sore loser after losing the Go Karting race! Has got a busy year ahead. Racing in Poland and Sweden as well as GP`s. Same equipment and team as last season. Practiced in Poland 2 weeks ago, first time back on bike. Has trained harder than last season. His surgeon said to keep plate in but collar bone is healed. Consistency remains key again, the Reserves are key this year. His G/F broke her arm ski-ing!.

PIOTR - Happy to be called PETER. Pigeon English but was understandable. Wants help learning more English. Porkie got him to say `HOW AM YA!`. He has a 106 Metre track at home , along with a horse. His sister races Horses. He likes our track and will needs laps to practise to make it a home track. Races for Leszno in Poland.

Kristian Plech (son of former rider Zenon) was present and has helped with the deal. Has spoken to CVS on numerous occasions suggestion Poles to the club.

CVS/PA

Wolverhampton FC offered Tai some dates last year to present his world Title to the crowd but dates clashed.

Freddie has assured Wolves fans that if Wolves need him in the season he is only a call away.

"Were PK or Nicolai considered for this season?" - NO!

None committal on riding order until after Mondays Olympique - Tai will be at number one tho.

CVS - expects Piotr to exceed his starting 7.06 average.

CVS - Rules on reserves - Draft the best thing to happen in British Speedway in 10 years. Should start in PL but they aren't interested in adopting it. The riders wont achieve a new average but Phil Morris will keep the actual averages for future drafts. Any guests will be be from rider one below there grade. IE - Ashley is 3rd so 4th down and Joe is 9th so 10 down. An agreement has been reached with Peterborough to allow Joe to ride for Wolves in the SKY meeting.

Josh Bates is sidelined from the draft list until 31st May, this is done to avoid any potential manipulation. Hts 2 & 9 are reserves races and both protected.

The Draft system went thru unanimously after Tai spoke at the AGM about doing something for the British youngsters.

1,3 & 5 positions can be switched meeting on meeting.

"Was Pontus considered this season?" - Yes but it was felt Jacob is the better to persevere with, but does hopefully still have a future at the Club. Both he and Nicolai would have been considered for reserve berths if the draft berths hadn't been voted in.

Piotr will be a Wolves asset once he has done his required meetings. He has no clashes with Polish league meetings. U21 clashes however aren't known as yet.

PA - RR..... Only riders BELOW can take a ride if instant RR is used in a meeting. This hopefully prevent manipulation. They are aware it isn't `danger free` but will be monitored.

Season tickets have increased this year.

CVS - think the side will be stronger as season goes on. Poole showed that peeking in Sept and Oct is more important. He is excited by the side this year.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 8

TALK IN/MEET THE RIDERS
All the riders were present and interviewed by Porkie.
JOE - Is looking forward to the EL experience. Was happy to join Wolves as more local.
Challenges are to stay fit and beat the other reserves then he will have done his job.
TY- Still jet lagged, arrived back in UK on Friday. Was given the all clear to race again 1st week of Feb. Found it tough to start with being beaten by local kids but now feels better but was worried about his form. Is riding in the Swedish 2nd Division and Somerset in the PL(noticed there was big gaps in EL fixtures so was happy then to get a place in PL). Sees Wolves as his family and is happy to stay at the club as long as he is wanted.
RICKY - Went to the States and did a bit of riding. Is riding with Workington in the PL and happy to be away from Sheffield! Glad to be back at Wolves and sees this as his family. Had to wait for Piotr to sign before he could be confirmed in the starting line up.
JACOB - Enjoyed his 1st season. Has good equipment for the new season. Is riding with Tai at Vetlanda, Sweden and also Ornarna in Alsveskian League.
ASHLEY - Tai was unhappy with him because him spun him out in the Go Karting and lost the win to Ty! Is looking forward to learning from the big boys in the EL. Is racing for Workington in the PL. Needs to get out the gates and beat the other reserves. Will ask Woffy for advise on away tracks.
TAI - A sore loser after losing the Go Karting race! Has got a busy year ahead. Racing in Poland and Sweden as well as GP`s. Same equipment and team as last season. Practiced in Poland 2 weeks ago, first time back on bike. Has trained harder than last season. His surgeon said to keep plate in but collar bone is healed. Consistency remains key again, the Reserves are key this year. His G/F broke her arm ski-ing!.
PIOTR - Happy to be called PETER. Pigeon English but was understandable. Wants help learning more English. Porkie got him to say `HOW AM YA!`. He has a 106 Metre track at home , along with a horse. His sister races Horses. He likes our track and will needs laps to practise to make it a home track. Races for Leszno in Poland.
Kristian Plech (son of former rider Zenon) was present and has helped with the deal. Has spoken to CVS on numerous occasions suggestion Poles to the club.
CVS/PA
Wolverhampton FC offered Tai some dates last year to present his world Title to the crowd but dates clashed.
Freddie has assured Wolves fans that if Wolves need him in the season he is only a call away.
"Were PK or Nicolai considered for this season?" - NO!
None committal on riding order until after Mondays Olympique - Tai will be at number one tho.
CVS - expects Piotr to exceed his starting 7.06 average.
CVS - Rules on reserves - Draft the best thing to happen in British Speedway in 10 years. Should start in PL but they aren't interested in adopting it. The riders wont achieve a new average but Phil Morris will keep the actual averages for future drafts. Any guests will be be from rider one below there grade. IE - Ashley is 3rd so 4th down and Joe is 9th so 10 down. An agreement has been reached with Peterborough to allow Joe to ride for Wolves in the SKY meeting.
Josh Bates is sidelined from the draft list until 31st May, this is done to avoid any potential manipulation. Hts 2 & 9 are reserves races and both protected.
The Draft system went thru unanimously after Tai spoke at the AGM about doing something for the British youngsters.
1,3 & 5 positions can be switched meeting on meeting.
"Was Pontus considered this season?" - Yes but it was felt Jacob is the better to persevere with, but does hopefully still have a future at the Club. Both he and Nicolai would have been considered for reserve berths if the draft berths hadn't been voted in.
Piotr will be a Wolves asset once he has done his required meetings. He has no clashes with Polish league meetings. U21 clashes however aren't known as yet.
PA - RR..... Only riders BELOW can take a ride if instant RR is used in a meeting. This hopefully prevent manipulation. They are aware it isn't `danger free` but will be monitored.
Season tickets have increased this year.
CVS - think the side will be stronger as season goes on. Poole showed that peeking in Sept and Oct is more important. He is excited by the side this year.

A very good and informative post Steve.