British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

Eddy Kennett on his current average WOULD be a million times better than Proctor or Wells on current form, FACT!

Only the one that was the marketing manager for Black & Decker would be better.

In today's SS, following Cardiff.

'I'm feeling good at the moment'

Oh my.

Well you would when on such a high..

Kennett has done nothing easily in the EL this year so no way easily outscore.

Proctor as 3rd heat leader like Kennett has already done better.

Wells scored 9 Monday. Kennett would struggle to score half that.

Only a maximum when guesting for Poole! But maybe he needs Middlo to get the best out of him?!! :wink:

ps. Thanks for the Woffy link!! :t: I only suggested a statement to put to bed those posters that were saying he would leave Wolves this season!!

Well you would when on such a high..

Now hang on a mo. Exhaustion & stress don't just arrive overnight, they're cumulative over time as a result of doing more than your body is capable of doing. We're not talking a dose of the runs after a dodgy curry here :D

• Like 1

Just read in the international section that Tai will miss a swedish meeting next week!!

Edited by phillipsr

Only a maximum when guesting for Poole! But maybe he needs Middlo to get the best out of him?!! :wink:

ps. Thanks for the Woffy link!! :t: I only suggested a statement to put to bed those posters that were saying he would leave Wolves this season!!

You are welcome. :t:

A one off meeting with nothing on it except impressing Middlo means little. He is usually great at Monmore but was woeful in the British Final.

I would rather persevere with Proctor than try out a rider that failed spectacularly in the number 3 role. Proctor at least is scoring some.

I wouldn't trust Kennett to do any better. Id rather sort out our own first than the cast offs of someone struggling from another team.

Just read in the international section that Tai will miss a swedish meeting next week!!

So he should if he is `resting` till the World Cup.

• Like 1

Would be a little suprised if Kennett was coming in but on the other hand he is potentially a stronger rider away as he has ridden for most of them and has been a steady 7+ rider in his time and isn't exactly old now.

At the moment it is only speculation but it does seem a bit of a coincedence that Daniel Giffard has placed on facebook that last nights meeting at Sheffield was his last meeting with Ty after seven years together. Don't know if Dan has a new full time job or something but if it turns out that Ty is to be replaced I hope riding for Sheffield gets him back on track as we know he can be a solid second string.

As for Tai, he wants to carry on racing in England and for Wolverhampton but he like many others are finding racing in the Elite League on various nights is not only tiring but hard to arrange flights and have a decent life and diet as they are travelling to airports and hanging around so often for flights to and from England.

Lets just see if a certain bit of paperwork that is being issued to the correct people will be looked at seriously and then hopefully we will still see riders like Tai and Darcy racing here and possibly appearances from riders like Greg Hancock Nicki Pedersen and Emil Sayfutdinov on some nights as long as its a set night like Monday's as Sky prefer that.

Trouble with Monday night is it suits Wolves & BV, nothing to do, but what about the rest? They do seem to be able to switch when Sky are in town but permanently may well be another matter.

• Like 2

Trouble with Monday night is it suits Wolves & BV, nothing to do, but what about the rest? They do seem to be able to switch when Sky are in town but permanently may well be another matter.

They can ride Mondays when SKY ask and pay money, so I'm sure they could do it 8-10 times a season as operating on one night would mean they would be away 8-10 times also so roughly one match each fortnight at home

The other weeks will be taken care of with British League meetings where the big names wont appear and run on other nights

Could you imagine the crowds on a Monday night if it was Wolves v Coventry featuring Woffinden / Lindgren v Hancock / Jonsson or Eastbourne v Poole with Nicki / Bjarne v Darcy / Holder ...... it's got to happen or it will be Premier League standard in both leagues

Now hang on a mo. Exhaustion & stress don't just arrive overnight, they're cumulative over time as a result of doing more than your body is capable of doing. We're not talking a dose of the runs after a dodgy curry here :D

Correct, they are also masked somewhat when you are on a 'high' as I said and the adrenalin is racing through your body. Coming down from such a high only worsens the problem.

They can ride Mondays when SKY ask and pay money, so I'm sure they could do it 8-10 times a season as operating on one night would mean they would be away 8-10 times also so roughly one match each fortnight at home

The other weeks will be taken care of with British League meetings where the big names wont appear and run on other nights

Could you imagine the crowds on a Monday night if it was Wolves v Coventry featuring Woffinden / Lindgren v Hancock / Jonsson or Eastbourne v Poole with Nicki / Bjarne v Darcy / Holder ...... it's got to happen or it will be Premier League standard in both leagues

Yes and imagine the crowds, or lack thereof, when the reserve team is racing.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Yes and imagine the crowds, or lack thereof, when the reserve team is racing.

Why should a meeting of Wolves v Cradley Heath in the British League be a smaller crowd if its on a say a Friday when the teams could be something like

Ricky Wells, Jacob Thorssell, Nicolai Klindt, Ludvig Lindgren, Ashley Morris, Joe Jacobs and Tom Perry

Ryan Fisher, Ty Proctor, Jason Garrity, Max Rumi, Steve Worrall, Paul Starke, Max Clegg

The admission wouldn't be as much as EL matches, kids would be more able to attend being a Friday, the racing is more balanced and the fact its a league match v Cradley should make it a not to miss meating.

Costs wouldn't be as high and even matches like v Redcar or Edinburgh would be interesting especially if Wolves were top of the BL table and looking at the play offs.

5 -

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how much you try to hype it the fact is that many of the fans with an EL team would regard their BL team as their second/reserve team and would not attend.

The best riders will not return unless they can negotiate pay rates they consider worthwhile and I just cannot see that bringing them back is going to increase gate receipts sufficiently to pay for them. Crowds were falling long before they left.

I know all about speculate to accumulate but there is a significant risk that many clubs would fold if crowds did not increase dramatically. In my opinion the risk is too big to take.

I prefer building teams only with riders willing to commit to the UK. Trying to get back to teams that have a core of the same riders year after year, so that fans can identify with them and build some sort of long term loyalty and doing everything possible to reduce costs for riders and fans.

It really is time to go back to basics and rebuild hopefully, with more British riders local to their team and to keep costs affordable for promoters, riders and fans. In due course we could be back at the top table

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Surely not :D

I prefer building teams only with riders willing to commit to the UK. Trying to get back to teams that have a core of the same riders year after year, so that fans can identify with them and build some sort of long term loyalty and doing everything possible to reduce costs for riders and fans.

It really is time to go back to basics and rebuild hopefully, with more British riders local to their team and to keep costs affordable for promoters, riders and fans. In due course we could be back at the top table

At last someone speaking sense - lets hope the promotors come to the same sensible conclusion

Wolfie

• Like 1

Where to start eh?

# Last week we were told that we would be looking at changes during the world cup break.

# Apparently tonight is a 'must win'.

So we are going into our 'must win' match v the Happy Shoppers without any team changes :rolleyes: Unless Fricke for Proctor was planned in advance, surely not?

CVS & Adams. Yesterday's men who strike paydirt once in a blue moon (Piotr) but refuse to realise that the speedway world has moved on. :icon_smile_clown: s

You're not fooling anyone but yourselves :mad:

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2