British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Leicester V Belle Vue 6/10/13

Indeed. How can it be in the best interests of the sport when a fixture can be advertised as involving a named team, when there is only one of their riders taking part? Is the BSPA content with this? Will Leicester be staging its very own one-off World Final before the season is over?

interestingly, i actually couldn't be bothered to change the in-laws birthday meal to accomodate David Hemsley trying to save a few quid by starting at 5 rather than 6 so missed the meeting (i honestly can't believe i written that but there you go). Struggling to find the result i checked the Belle Vue website and they clearly didn't have the nerve to call the Belle Vue team the 'aces', according to the website we were riding against Belle Vue 'select'.

Anyways, sounds like i didn't miss much as another shocking meeting for entertainment, honestly the GP entertainment i watched on the TV saturday night and what we get at BP are light years apart. More passing in one meeting than i've ever seen at BP in 3 years of meetings.

Anyways, back to looking for the result. Struggled to find it (maybe because so few were there?) so had a look on the Leicester facebooks. Once more the general reading involves someone who is saying the entertainment is dire being shot down by so called fans telling them to do one. Got to say these people will see the end of Leicester (i'm talking about the people shooting down the people with adverse opinions). What a bunch of mugs and unfortunately for fans of the sport of Speedway in Leicester most of them are involved or are friends of those involved in the day to day running of the Lions. Speedway in Leicester, ran by monkeys for monkeys.

Edited by volty

No offence but that's a bit disrespectful

Tabaka is a decent rider. All action. He's not boring. Races to the finish line

I am sure he is, it's just that I don't think he has ever been to BV. Maybe it should have been better promoted as a BV development team, where we are looking at future talent, still they scored well so maybe there are a couple of nuggets there.

interestingly, i actually couldn't be bothered to change the in-laws birthday meal to accomodate David Hemsley trying to save a few quid by starting at 5 rather than 6 so missed the meeting (i honestly can't believe i written that but there you go). Struggling to find the result i checked the Belle Vue website and they clearly didn't have the nerve to call the Belle Vue team the 'aces', according to the website we were riding against Belle Vue 'select'.

Anyways, sounds like i didn't miss much as another shocking meeting for entertainment, honestly the GP entertainment i watched on the TV saturday night and what we get at BP are light years apart. More passing in one meeting than i've ever seen at BP in 3 years of meetings.

Anyways, back to looking for the result. Struggled to find it (maybe because so few were there?) so had a look on the Leicester facebooks. Once more the general reading involves someone who is saying the entertainment is dire being shot down by so called fans telling them to do one. Got to say these people will see the end of Leicester (i'm talking about the people shooting down the people with adverse opinions). What a bunch of mugs and unfortunately for fans of the sport of Speedway in Leicester most of them are involved or are friends of those involved in the day to day running of the Lions. Speedway in Leicester, ran by monkeys for monkeys.

5 single one off passes. All in the later races. None at all in the first 9. Many were very strung out follow the leader affairs as well. It is a shame that we do not see better fare but who knows perhaps things will be improved in time for next season. You are wrong about the poor attendance though. I thought that in the circumstances there was quite a decent crowd. Certainly one which a lot of other tracks wouldn't mind having.

Edited by barrow boy
  • Like 1

5 single one off passes. All in the later races. None at all in the first 9. Many were very strung out follow the leader affairs as well. It is a shame that we do not see better fare but who knows perhaps things will be improved in time for next season. You are wrong about the poor attendance though. I thought that in the circumstances there was quite a decent crowd. Certainly one which a lot of other tracks wouldn't mind having.

I was going on what someone had posted on facebook re attendance as i wasn't there. my bad for taking any notice of something written on fb. Next i'll be believing that BP has been producing speedway entertainment as good as anywhere in the UK (and all thanks to Nick Morris). Or something like that :blink:

Edited by volty

Not far from the truth mate racing this season and I have seen a lot has not been good at the away tracks not all but most very follow the leader stuff.

WHY..... Mufflers, Riders,track surface. I mean when see only one pass in 10 heats at Sheffield you know there is something wrong.

• Like 1

I was going on what someone had posted on facebook re attendance as i wasn't there. my bad for taking any notice of something written on fb. Next i'll be believing that BP has been producing speedway entertainment as good as anywhere in the UK (and all thanks to Nick Morris). Or something like that :blink:

I was just telling you how it was. I agree that Leicester's track needs making more racing friendly but having said that Speedflash is correct in that many times have I seen very little in the way of genuine racing passes at many meetings, not just at Leicester but it can still be a good race with no passes. What I hate to see mostly is the continuous amount of races that are too much strung out and are not interesting let alone entertaining. Incidentally there were 5 genuine racing passes in the Poole v Birmingham match on Monday. About the same as at Leicester on Sunday but with the track bends being more racing friendly it was a bit more entertaining.

• Like 1

Did anyone else hear the Chris "f**k up" Popple is presenting the Elite League final at Birmingham next week because their presenter is away.

This will be interesting to see how long it takes to make himself look a twit . I might even pop along for a laugh

Not far from the truth mate racing this season and I have seen a lot has not been good at the away tracks not all but most very follow the leader stuff.

WHY..... Mufflers, Riders,track surface. I mean when see only one pass in 10 heats at Sheffield you know there is something wrong.

That maybe the case Glyn but i guess if it is it's not looking good for Speedway as a whole if the whole package isn't entertaining anymore. Barrow Boy hits the nail on the head with the post that follows you though, even with passing happening the problem with BP is the strung out nature of races in general and the difficulty in getting by. An example would be Craig Cook winning 4 races by the length of the straight and breaking the track record 3 times and then needing 4 laps to get by a returning from injury Alex Edberg in his other. I'm not doubting it was a pass but the nature of it isn't acceptable. The other passes on the night almost exclusivesly involved a fast gating but woefully slow Derek Sneddon getting passed and i think you would have stood a chance of passing him that night on your tractor. Again, i'm not doubting the passing happened but it didn't require huge skill or tactics from the riders making the pass. This was one of the meetings held up as a sign of better entertainment but on reflection it wasn't anything different than we've witnessed over and over for the last three years.

I know you have seen far more racing than me but to counter, i've seen some absolutely terrific meetings this year at Somerset, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Coventry and the racing at BP hasn't even been close to that quality, save for half the Ipswich meeting and Nick Morris. I surely can't be just that jammy. I also saw the sheffield v leicester meeting and even though there was only 1 pass in ten races and it was poor the racing was still better poor racing than the poor racing we get at BP for the reasons Barrow Boy points out above. I've also seen plenty of good racing on Telly that would also point to the evidence that BP hasn't produced anywhere near the best racing this year. For the most part i would still say it's dreadful and the reason it's dreadful is the shape is not conducive to making the action even appear close.

Being slightly more entertaining to things that aren't entertaining at all is nothing to get excited about, or making a deal of.

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

That maybe the case Glyn but i guess if it is it's not looking good for Speedway as a whole if the whole package isn't entertaining anymore. Barrow Boy hits the nail on the head with the post that follows you though, even with passing happening the problem with BP is the strung out nature of races in general and the difficulty in getting by. An example would be Craig Cook winning 4 races by the length of the straight and breaking the track record 3 times and then needing 4 laps to get by a returning from injury Alex Edberg in his other. I'm not doubting it was a pass but the nature of it isn't acceptable. The other passes on the night almost exclusivesly involved a fast gating but woefully slow Derek Sneddon getting passed and i think you would have stood a chance of passing him that night on your tractor. Again, i'm not doubting the passing happened but it didn't require huge skill or tactics from the riders making the pass. This was one of the meetings held up as a sign of better entertainment but on reflection it wasn't anything different than we've witnessed over and over for the last three years.

I know you have seen far more racing than me but to counter, i've seen some absolutely terrific meetings this year at Somerset, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Coventry and the racing at BP hasn't even been close to that quality, save for half the Ipswich meeting and Nick Morris. I surely can't be just that jammy. I also saw the sheffield v leicester meeting and even though there was only 1 pass in ten races and it was poor the racing was still better poor racing than the poor racing we get at BP for the reasons Barrow Boy points out above. I've also seen plenty of good racing on Telly that would also point to the evidence that BP hasn't produced anywhere near the best racing this year. For the most part i would still say it's dreadful and the reason it's dreadful is the shape is not conducive to making the action even appear close.

Being slightly more entertaining to things that aren't entertaining at all is nothing to get excited about, or making a deal of.

Mick.

I do feel that when riders are strung out, it is not the track, it is the bikes/riders. Having said that, there have been some poor meetings this year but there have also been some good ones.

I get the impression that the riders often know it's going to be impossible to make a pass against an opponent of similar ability, so they give the man in front more room in order to have a safe ride and maybe, just maybe, get the chance to capitalise on a mistake.