British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

It won't be Poole - unless there's a major rethink!!!!!!!

Might be a major re-think!!! ;)

Is there any news on Jason Doyle's Visa application?

just wonder what the time limit is that dh has placed upon having a decision one way or another?

I seriously hope NM joins Leicester, one of the best riders I've seen go round BP and I feel the fans would quickly get right behind him.

• Like 1

It can't be bad first season in the EL and they have arleady upset Swindon, with talk of bringing in Nick Morris. To top it all now they may be crossing swords with Poole.

Lets hope they get NM and put one over them all after all a speedway rider is a free enterty and can go whre he wants, when it biols down to things.

It would make a good team with Nick Morris and Jason Doyle. Lets hope he soon get that visa soeted out or the Lions will be on the look out for another rider and not that many left to pick from now.

It can't be bad first season in the EL and they have arleady upset Swindon, with talk of bringing in Nick Morris. To top it all now they may be crossing swords with Poole.

Lets hope they get NM and put one over them all after all a speedway rider is a free enterty and can go whre he wants, when it biols down to things.

It would make a good team with Nick Morris and Jason Doyle. Lets hope he soon get that visa soeted out or the Lions will be on the look out for another rider and not that many left to pick from now.

Plenty left to pick from, after all, a Speedway rider can go where he wants so you have a completely open market :)

Tmw, so where have I slated her on here?

It's was either you or Volty you both morph into 1 these days. Banging on about ht 15 rider pick last season

What a totally unselfish post that is about the Leicester Loans team.

Oh sorry forgot it was Lions not Loans:-)

How have they upset Swindon? He's not dumped Swindon for Leicester but Sheffield and it's only the supporters wishful thinking who has his named linked him with Leicester. As for a rider being a free enterty how come NM can't just walk away from Swindon and straight into Sheffield

I find it a very good co-incidence that Leicester have just enough points left to accomodate Nick in their team & it would be interesting to see who they were going to fill that spot with before Somerset left Nick out of their team.

• Like 1

I find it a very good co-incidence that Leicester have just enough points left to accomodate Nick in their team & it would be interesting to see who they were going to fill that spot with before Somerset left Nick out of their team.

Well, i did say that Leicester would be stupid not to sign him if he becomes avaliable..

Don't think its Leicester who have upset Swindon. In fact Leicester seem to be taking great care to not cross the line, which is the only sensible course to steer. Sheffield, however, have upset Swindon as well as Morris himself. Any prospect of Morris joining Leicester in 2014 would seem to hinge on him getting his "wish" of a move to Sheffield. It's presumably the current state of the relationship between Swindon and Sheffield's prospective new owners, with the BSPA's stance also a factor, that is the main stumbling block to any resolution to the situation. In fact, I don't think the new owners of Sheffield have formally taken control yet, so it could be a while before they are in a position to conduct any "business" especially of such a tricky nature. So the BSPA could be taking an even dimmer view of things!

I think that Leicester were almost on the point of announcing rider #5, when the Morris situation got going. With 5.94 available for rider #5, and the possibility (no more) of Morris (avg 5.90) ending up at Leicester, its probable that David Hemsley put the #5 "signing" on ice. However, how long can Leicester afford to wait for, with no guarantee things will be sorted out favourably with Morris?

There may also be a mild panic arising from other EL promoters, that Leicester, who are supposed in their eyes to be just making up the numbers in 2014, would be changed into playoffs contenders with Morris added to the team!

• Like 2

Don't think its Leicester who have upset Swindon. In fact Leicester seem to be taking great care to not cross the line, which is the only sensible course to steer. Sheffield, however, have upset Swindon as well as Morris himself. Any prospect of Morris joining Leicester in 2014 would seem to hinge on him getting his "wish" of a move to Sheffield. It's presumably the current state of the relationship between Swindon and Sheffield's prospective new owners, with the BSPA's stance also a factor, that is the main stumbling block to any resolution to the situation. In fact, I don't think the new owners of Sheffield have formally taken control yet, so it could be a while before they are in a position to conduct any "business" especially of such a tricky nature. So the BSPA could be taking an even dimmer view of things!

I think that Leicester were almost on the point of announcing rider #5, when the Morris situation got going. With 5.94 available for rider #5, and the possibility (no more) of Morris (avg 5.90) ending up at Leicester, its probable that David Hemsley put the #5 "signing" on ice. However, how long can Leicester afford to wait for, with no guarantee things will be sorted out favourably with Morris?

There may also be a mild panic arising from other EL promoters, that Leicester, who are supposed in their eyes to be just making up the numbers in 2014, would be changed into playoffs contenders with Morris added to the team!

Best let Rosco know who you had pencilled in at No 5 before Nick's situation arised then as there are so few options out there & agree with Nick in the Leicester line up it does look very strong.

Does anybody no if there is any truth in the rumor that Alan Jones is giving up his post as the co promoter

I think it's just coincidence. It was stated in the SS last week that the delay was due to Doyle's visa woes which seems sensible to me. Although most people think it's a formality obviously until he has the visa in his hand then you don't hedge your bets.

I think it's just coincidence. It was stated in the SS last week that the delay was due to Doyle's visa woes which seems sensible to me. Although most people think it's a formality obviously until he has the visa in his hand then you don't hedge your bets.

....or maybe that was a highly convenient reason!?

Best let Rosco know who you had pencilled in at No 5 before Nick's situation arised then as there are so few options out there & agree with Nick in the Leicester line up it does look very strong.

Rumour was Sergei Darkin :lol:

• Like 1