British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

A fan asked Kenni a question on facebook and Kenni hinted that he wouldn't be riding for Leicester because his Polish club don't want him to ride Saturday's and that person then took that private conversation on facebook and posted it on a public forum.. this annoyed King Kenni.

I see.. that would explain the slightly odd nature of the info being in the public domain. cheers

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Kenni Larsen's Polish club having that much control over him, doesn't appear to be applied to Peter Ljung, Mads and Paddy Hougaard - or arn't those 3 doing Poland this year? Or maybe Kenni's club see him as a key rider whereas the other 3 are more like squad riders in their teams?

I think Twitter and Facebook have a lot to answer to. There is so much private information put on there. It is a wonder that there are not lots of law suits flying around. Far to much is posted on there of a personal nature these days.

I just hope that the next few weeks sees the team sorted and that the team is strong enough to compete in the EL league.

That they don't just grab at any 2 riders just to make up the numbers.

From what I have seen from the start of this season, it has been far worse than other,

With promoters not knowing who the main sponsers are, if there is going to be any TV coverage or not, which is not of any great help to the riders who are after sponsers if they can't show them who will be looking at the products they have to offer as sponsers.

The teams not just the Lions with riders joining teams, leaving teams and riders who are failing to get Visa's.

It has got to be a promoters worst nightmare.

Just hope the season sorts itself out. Or it could end up to be the year to end all years as far as speedway is concerned.

• Like 1

I think Twitter and Facebook have a lot to answer to. There is so much private information put on there. It is a wonder that there are not lots of law suits flying around. Far to much is posted on there of a personal nature these days.

I just hope that the next few weeks sees the team sorted and that the team is strong enough to compete in the EL league.

From what I have seen from the start of this season, it has been far worse than other,

With promoters not knowing who the main sponsers are, if there is going to be any TV coverage or not, which is not of any great help to the riders who are after sponsers if they can't show them who will be looking at the products they have to offer as sponsers.

The teams not just the Lions with riders joining teams, leaving teams and riders who are failing to get Visa's.

Just hope the season sorts itself out. Or it could end up to be the year to end all years as far as speedway is concerned.

We have had teams planned before and it's not got us very far who knows an unplanned team could be just the ticket :-)

Talking of main sponsors. It's a big week for Leicester with the new main sponsor being announced friday. Anyone got any idea who they are yet?

Isn't DH meeting some of last seasons Lions sponsors this week as well?

Mick.

Edited by volty

Mick according to the Lions website today it says that he is close to announcing the rest of the team and the sponsers so it could all be told as you say by next week.

Mick according to the Lions website today it says that he is close to announcing the rest of the team and the sponsers so it could all be told as you say by next week.

Where does it say that??
  • Like 1

Just read doyle has had his visa apppeal turned down

With this news + the announcement of NM staying at Swinden, it doesn't bode well for season ticket sales with this continued uncertainty.

SWINDON boss Alun Rossiter has confirmed Nick Morris will be staying with the club.

The talented young Australian had been linked with a move elsewhere after he was released by Premier League club Somerset.

Rossiter said: “It’s time to draw a line under the Nick Morris situation. Nick and I have never had a problem, but certain other people around him have been saying and writing things which haven’t helped.

“He wants to do Premier League and we were disappointed for him when Somerset made their team change. Nick and I have always got on well and that will continue in the weeks and months ahead, he is an integral part of the Swindon side for the 2014 season and is going nowhere.”

thats Rocoe's side of it, would like to listen to Nick's now.

thats Rocoe's side of it, would like to listen to Nick's now.

Presumably the BSPA/SCB have not sanctioned his transfer request, as the situation was nothing to do with Swindon! Quite right too.

BTFC.

Sorry that was me reading the post on the Lions page without my glasses on and in the dark. You are right it didn't say anything like that. Maybe I was doing a bit of gazing in the cystal ball.

Just read doyle has had his visa apppeal turned down

Keep up !!!!!! :-)

Edited by TMW