British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Cant see why hopes are pinned on this Tier 5 when its just meant for one specific meeting or competition isn't it?

No it's not. See the Somerset thread where Willowman has posted links to the relevant information.
  • Like 1

To be honset no, there's not too many left to pick from. Other problem with picking Bjerre is that he would be doubling up with Peterborough & any matches he missed his rides would only be able to be covered by next rider up in the averages & then the 2 reserves which would leave us very weak.I know Peterboroughs home matches are Tuesdays but there are alot of other premier teams that ride Thursdays & Saturdays which most of Lions home meetings are on.

The potential clashes with EL/PL doubling up do seem horrible, dont they? Particularly as you say with Leicester's race nights. Someone on here said a while ago that Doyle would miss 9 (maybe more?) matches. Leicester is also not Bjerre's kind of track - he may have got away somwhat with his poor gating at PL level, but don't think he'd find things very easy at Leicester in EL.

Nemo's name keeps popping into my head for some reason - but there is rumour he could be linked with the vacancy at Plymouth - however i think with Nemo Leicester would have first dibs on his services in the event of clashes.

My only other guess then if it not Bjerre whether he can get an unknown from abroad on a 5pt or 6pt average

he could always turn to one of his own assets,who is a bit hit with the fans rides the track as good as anyone and finished last season at number 1.

why has magnus been left out again?

he could always turn to one of his own assets,who is a bit hit with the fans rides the track as good as anyone and finished last season at number 1.

why has magnus been left out again?

Flagrag - who sounds like someone very "in the know" said a while ago on here that MK signed for a Polish team, as well as having Swedish commitments, and won't be fitting UK into his plans for 2014

Flagrag - who sounds like someone very "in the know" said a while ago on here that MK signed for a Polish team, as well as having Swedish commitments, and won't be fitting UK into his plans for 2014

that answers that one then,shame i would liked to of seen mk back.
  • Like 2

MK's mechanic posted it on FB

According to AJ in a recent Star, Glyn has been involved with team selection.

I read that glyn was involved with the track changes last winter when in fact that wasn't the case.

I think there is only one person in charge

I hear that the club are having a party night for season ticket holders and sponsorsa only tonight where they will announce the new main team sponsors and I wonder if they will announce the new TM I hear that Peter Ljung is over for this as well as the reserves

How comes Lambert was allowed a 3 when he has been in a team in Germany?

Under the category that allows progression from the NL which he rode in last year.

I see Jason Doyle has tweeted he his hearing positive news. Fingers crossed it's regarding his visa.

Maybe Emily is pregnant??! :D

• Like 1

According to AJ in a recent Star, Glyn has been involved with team selection.

it seems someone's telling porkies fanmale

I hear that the club are having a party night for season ticket holders and sponsorsa only tonight where they will announce the new main team sponsors and I wonder if they will announce the new TM I hear that Peter Ljung is over for this as well as the reserves

Thanks for this info, apart from what Volty alluded to a few days ago, I haven't heard anything about this.

I'm not a season ticket holder but am surprised it has not been publicised anywhere or mentioned by anyone else. It would seem a quite good thing to promote to entice people to buy season tickets or is it only an event for a selected few guests & sponsors?

Edited by Astill lodge lion