British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Yes he will be the number one and his rolling average for presumably the whole of last season is 7.30 but he did better than this at the end of the season. If he does ride and continues to improve he will presumably soon achieve an average that is more becoming of a team leader.

You have not answered my Question regarding how he obtained his 91/2 pt average was it including all his matches or just his HOME average.

Maybe - but you really think the Swindon B team (aka Leicester) are nailed on for the play-offs?? Not many people have said that

oops - forgot to add a :unsure: ......didn't realise we had visitors. Naughty step for Al :nono:

Seriously though, all the talk about what Doyle's going to do etc - he aint got the visa yet. Tier 5 applications only have less than a 1 in 4 chance of being accepted. And as yet no sign of rider # 5 although that's of course due to the Doyle situation.

So any predictions are still a bit premature I guess till its all finalised. Except that Poole are in the playoffs :lol:

• Like 1

You have not answered my Question regarding how he obtained his 91/2 pt average was it including all his matches or just his HOME average.

Most current 10 league and playoffs matches for Birmingham includes all away matches in that period so it represents his overall home and away form.

Most current 10 league and playoffs matches for Birmingham includes all away matches in that period so it represents his overall home and away form.

thanks

thanks

You are very welcome.

Looking at the Visa thread it now looks that Doyle has now got a 90% chance of getting his visa. Even so it would be nice to just see a few manes coming on the Lions web site, for the final rider. At this rate we will be getting a NL league no 7 as thyat will be all there is to chose from. Come on lets get the last name and make this years team a team to be proud of. Not perhaps thetop team in the league, but the team should have a fighting chance. As most of the others seem to be a bit short of the top riders they had in previous years because of the drop in the points total.

I see the Lions up there in at least the top 6 or 7 places if not even better. Just hope so it would be great if they made a good job of this first year.

Hurry up and make all Lions fans happy with the right choice.

Looking forward to the new season. Hope you are.

Looking at the Visa thread it now looks that Doyle has now got a 90% chance of getting his visa. Even so it would be nice to just see a few manes coming on the Lions web site, for the final rider. At this rate we will be getting a NL league no 7 as thyat will be all there is to chose from. Come on lets get the last name and make this years team a team to be proud of. Not perhaps thetop team in the league, but the team should have a fighting chance. As most of the others seem to be a bit short of the top riders they had in previous years because of the drop in the points total.

I see the Lions up there in at least the top 6 or 7 places if not even better. Just hope so it would be great if they made a good job of this first year.

You obviously have 'Lions' very much in mind!

• Like 2

90% ?? The figures provided by UKBA on success rates of applications for the most recent 12-month period for which they have statistics, shows over 36,000 tier 5 applications were made, and just over 8,000 of them were successful. Of course this covers the whole tier 5 spectrum of worker categories, and it could be that the sportsperson applications have had a higher success rate than the others but I'd be surprised if if it were 90%.

I do think that Doyle's application, however, could have a better chance of success than average. And who knows what went on at the reported recent meeting between BSPA and UKBA which although was meant to have been general discussions about avoiding future problems, might just have also included some attention to present problems??

Inc or exc bonus points?

The chance of getting a visa is either 100% or nil. The results of other peoples' applications have no bearing on the outcome of Doyle's. He will either get a visa or he will not. You can't have 90% of a visa!
  • Like 2

Inc or exc bonus points?

Without.

The chance of getting a visa is either 100% or nil. The results of other peoples' applications have no bearing on the outcome of Doyle's. He will either get a visa or he will not. You can't have 90% of a visa!

Well I suppose you can't legislate for the possibility of someone making a mess of the application itself and having it rejected before even being considered - which probably accounts for a fair number of rejections.

You obviously have no understanding of the concept of probability if that is what u think.

Acvording to your logic, my chance of winning the lottery is the same as it is of flipping a head on a single coin toss (it will either happen or not happen).