British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Somethings don't change Popples interview was terrible he just hasn't got a clue.

What is even worse is i hear he will be even more involved next year & to top it off this clown Chris Popple is going to make OUR great club the laughing stock of speedway when the sky camera's come.

Why dont you leave him alone. I would like too see you go out there and do a better job, but no, you would sooner sit behind a keyboard and slag the man off. I think him and Rob do a grand job and if you can do any better then contact El Dictator and put in for the job. Otherwise leave Chris alone.

True. I can't remember ever hearing Peter York's dulcet tones on T.V. when the Sky cameras visit Coventry. :lol:

Anyway, what has Chris done wrong now? Why was it a terrible interview?

I didn't even realise there was an interview terrible or otherwise

Why dont you leave him alone. I would like too see you go out there and do a better job, but no, you would sooner sit behind a keyboard and slag the man off. I think him and Rob do a grand job and if you can do any better then contact El Dictator and put in for the job. Otherwise leave Chris alone.

why should he be left alone?

If he's a crap presenter he's a crap presenter and to fall back on the old cliche about saying if " you can do better" is pathetic!

• Like 1

I will reword the quote I made the other day just to set things right. By point of vertue.

It now looks that JD has a far better chance of gaining a visa for this year, than he had a few weeks ago. Hopefully it should be sorted out one way or the other in the next week or so.

No percentages just a brigther looking future. Hope the lad succeeds.

• Like 3

Who gives you the right to bring these comic overtones onto a Leicester thread?

Now go somewhere else to ply your trade and leave us to willow in our misery

Thank you very much

in that case i will disappear back to oblivion with the assistance of several large servings of Jura single malt :sad:

• Like 1

So your afternoon nap went on a bit longer than you expected, Colonel? I know the problem only too well. You're not related to that character in Fawlty Towers are you by any chance?

Anyway to put you in the picture about what's happened:

Australia mercilessly thrashed England 5-0 at cricket.

The British government declared war against Australia for this act of hostile aggression.

Scotland, Wales and Norn Iron together formed a separate government, because it was nothing to do with them.

The English government (although it still called itself and acted as "British Government") realised there are no aircraft carriers, meaning that militiary action against Australia was pointless. Instead, Sir Les Patterson was deported back to Sydney on the first available flight and this seriously affected the export sales of Australian wines. The Borders Agency also started rejecting UK visa applications by Australians, especially from speedway riders with the initials "JD".

Hope that's caught you up.

Wake me up when the season's started.

Sorry to butt in to the Leicester thread. But sofar as the English getting stuffed by the Aussie's in the Ashes. I mean, did you really expect anything different? It was just a glorified Holiday... And they were paid for it..

Edited by Starman2006

Because week after week he makes a big c**k up. Knows nothing about speedway unless your name is Scott Nicholls.

Has an ego as big as Katie Price's boobs & thinks its all about him.

Pure and simple he is a backstreet washed up 80's DJ & not a speedway presenter.

This job requires someone who follows speedway instead of just a select few riders.

I tried to advise him 2 years ago as to what would improve him.

he said he was approachable but his response was if you don't like me simply don't come to speedway then you won't have to listen to me.

His last words were you are in a minority & most people think i am one of the best presenters. I just laughed and gave up because of his volatile nature & short fuse

Edited by lionking

This job requires some

Some what? You were on a roll there so don't stop mid sentence. :wink:

Because week after week he makes a big c**k up. Knows nothing about speedway unless your name is Scott Nicholls.

Has an ego as big as Katie Price's boobs & thinks its all about him.

Pure and simple he is a backstreet washed up 80's DJ & not a speedway presenter.

This job requires someone who follows speedway instead of just a select few riders.

I tried to advise him 2 years ago as to what would improve him.

he said he was approachable but his response was if you don't like me simply don't come to speedway then you won't have to listen to me.

His last words were you are in a minority & most people think i am one of the best presenters. I just laughed and gave up because of his volatile nature & short fuse

The problem is, I suspect, he does it for nothing.

Pay peanuts, or in this case no peanuts, and you get ......................

Somethings don't change Popples interview was terrible he just hasn't got a clue.

What is even worse is i hear he will be even more involved next year & to top it off this clown Chris Popple is going to make OUR great club the laughing stock of speedway when the sky camera's come.

With regards to hazarding what might make Leicester the laughing stock of speedway when the sky cameras come i would guess the presenter's performance would rank low on a list of guesses.

Talking of which, It does make me wonder what kind of track Sky/Ronnie Russell might curate when they do visit. My guess is they will attempt to create the entertainment though the medium of ploughed field..

Edited by volty

With regards to hazarding what might make Leicester the laughing stock of speedway when the sky cameras come i would guess the presenter's performance would rank low on a list of guesses.

Talking of which, It does make me wonder what kind of track Sky/Ronnie Russell might curate when they do visit. My guess is an they will attempt to create the entertainment though the medium of ploughed field..

I wouldn't worry too much SKY only ever seem to go to Poole and Swindon once everyone else has had a meeting.

I agree, Rob is a far better announcer, with his knowledge and passion really shining through, but surely even though Popple does make many mistakes it's wrong to slate him on this forum.

According to Jason Doyle's twitter:

Bspa have approved tier 5 visa great news to wake up to! all the hard work isn't over just yet!

• Like 1