British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Which stand?

The one nearest the pits. In the disabled seats.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Should be a good season at BP. Lionking on a bad day I will be in my wheelchair getting battered by shale in the disabled section between the stands. Just look for the brown trilby.

Considering their respective positions in the league, I would say that the Coventry B team was the one actually called the Bees! :D

You mean that things are going to change?

I mean I dont know the answer but suspect things wont change - even if we win every match and BP is voted by all riders as the best and the race track Carlsberg would build if they built speedway tracks.

• Like 1

I mean I dont know the answer but suspect things wont change - even if we win every match and BP is voted by all riders as the best and the race track Carlsberg would build if they built speedway tracks.

Whoever designed that thing had clearly been on too much of the stuff :D

What the riders regard as a good track isn't necessarily a track that produces exciting racing. The riders and the spectators have different needs.
  • Like 4

• I wonder if any track modifications will be made to suit the home riders?

I wonder how much GT will discuss with the riders what their preferred track surface is?

No they are going to set it up so the away team like it better. What do you think.

[/quote

is that not what they have been doing for the last three seasons?

We seem to have gone very quite on here.

I have given the Ben Race a lot of thought.

I like what the money goes to, but I am afraid the team GB does not inspire me enough to pay any money to go and see them, against a team from the rest of the world.

We just haven't got what it takes, a couple of riders that could win races and a few that may or may not win races and those with no chance at all.

So I will be staying at home for that one.

What are the rest of you going to do, and what are your personel thoughts on our team GB.

Give them a few more years and they may just about be able to put up a team that are worth watching, but at the moment a don't think they have a chance.

We seem to have gone very quite on here.

I have given the Ben Race a lot of thought.

I like what the money goes to, but I am afraid the team GB does not inspire me enough to pay any money to go and see them, against a team from the rest of the world.

We just haven't got what it takes, a couple of riders that could win races and a few that may or may not win races and those with no chance at all.

So I will be staying at home for that one.

What are the rest of you going to do, and what are your personel thoughts on our team GB.

Give them a few more years and they may just about be able to put up a team that are worth watching, but at the moment a don't think they have a chance.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the teams or if GB is good enough, the cause is far more important on this occasion and it is a very worthwhile one. But hopefully the RoW team won't be too strong and it will be a close match, but as i said i think that's a secondary issue, just on this particular occasion.

• Like 2

Any news on the RoW team?

Do not think so, but just hope it is not a team full of GP riders. GB needs a meeting where they have a chance of winning but they have to fight for it.