British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

So we all get the picture. The Leicester track isn't great for passing. But there seems to be some kind of poorly organised campaign going on within this forum to stir up ill feeling towards the Leicester promotion.

I noticed a letter published a couple of weeks ago by some guy where he tried to slag off Hemsley in the Star. Is that same guy posting on here under a name?

So the track needs sorting and I am sure it will happen. There are plenty of tracks where passing isn't great, but the fans don't go on and on and on and on about it to the detriment of their club.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion but the way this is carrying on is beyond the norm.

To be fair to Ken no he dpesn't post on here he has a coiple of times I think but not regularly. I doubt Ken gets much joy out of what's going on. I think the main problem is that Lions supporters expected the return of the 1985 season just with a 28 year break They are crying out to have Martin Rodgers back yet when he did 'an evening with' nobody culd be bothrred to turn up, I went and found what he had to say very interesting but it does seem to me that those with the rose tinted aee the ones loolong back through them.

Looks like we've got the Politically Correct brigade around. Where's Bob Crow when you need him? ;)

• Like 1

To be fair to Ken no he dpesn't post on here he has a coiple of times I think but not regularly. I doubt Ken gets much joy out of what's going on. I think the main problem is that Lions supporters expected the return of the 1985 season just with a 28 year break They are crying out to have Martin Rodgers back yet when he did 'an evening with' nobody culd be bothrred to turn up, I went and found what he had to say very interesting but it does seem to me that those with the rose tinted aee the ones loolong back through them.

As opposed to, say, the track just being godawful.

So we all get the picture. The Leicester track isn't great for passing. But there seems to be some kind of poorly organised campaign going on within this forum to stir up ill feeling towards the Leicester promotion.

I noticed a letter published a couple of weeks ago by some guy where he tried to slag off Hemsley in the Star. Is that same guy posting on here under a name?

So the track needs sorting and I am sure it will happen. There are plenty of tracks where passing isn't great, but the fans don't go on and on and on and on about it to the detriment of their club.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion but the way this is carrying on is beyond the norm.

Isn't it just a' campaign' by people who want to watch decent speedway for their money? Heaven forbid.

• Like 4

Isn't it just a' campaign' by people who want to watch decent speedway for their money? Heaven forbid.

I don't know of any other track that gets scrutinised to the degree that Leicester does. No one is putting a gun to yiur head

I don't know of any other track that gets scrutinised to the degree that Leicester does. No one is putting a gun to yiur head

you are seriously clueless on what people are saying then,people cannot understand how hemsley got the track so wrong on a blank piece of paper,also why he won't hold his hands up and say he got it wrong and most of all change it so the paying public can see better racing. It's clear there's a problem with the shape,it doesn't take an expert to see it then why does hemsley not see it. The future of the lions is at risk.

This post is too sensible for this forum because it's spot on.

In that case they should attend a track where the racing is more to there taste....... That would stop the carping on here and everybody's happy.......Result!

In that case they should attend a track where the racing is more to there taste....... That would stop the carping on here and everybody's happy.......Result!

Are you related to hemsley ?

This has to be the most stupid post I have ever seen on here.

• Like 1

That might be so, but sadly it tends to come across as very negative and quite bitter.

I'm only a neutral and haven't had a team to support since 2005, but I'd jump at the chance to see my side ride again.

That might be so, but sadly it tends to come across as very negative and quite bitter.

I'm only a neutral and haven't had a team to support since 2005, but I'd jump at the chance to see my side ride again.

Honestly you wouldn't if you had seen the standard of speedway at Leicester each week,I look forward to watching speedway on sky/Eurosport than live speedway at my local track.

What fans are struggling to understand is Why is it that hemsley knows theres a large majority of home and visiting fans who are unhappy and the fact thousands have left and won't return yet he still won't change it,DH being like this will only end in disaster for speedway in Leicester as fans will vote with there feet.

Are you related to hemsley ?

This has to be the most stupid post I have ever seen on here.

You want to get out more you pathetic turd

How can that be a result? Falling attendance. Less income for the club.

Some of us are still daft enough to keep going in the hope that it will get better. To support speedway in Leicester by handing over our hard earned cash every week. Why we do this is becoming increasingly debatable. More and more familiar faces on the terraces have stopped going. They have obviously made their decisions. On Sunday's evidence we are entering our fourth season back with a track that is still crying out to be improved. Sadly Nick Morris and Craig Cook aren't in town every week. Let's hope Lion's fans and visiting supporters get a standard of speedway that satisfies everyone.

How can that be a result? Falling attendance. Less income for the club.

But why go if you're not enjoying it? Surely that's madness.

101 pages either whinging about or defending the Leicester track. I am actually getting quite curious and might just go now when the Aces are in town!

You want to get out more you pathetic turd

That's the problem I do get out and I can see better entertainment than what is on offer at BP each week and I am losing my love of speedway by what's been on offer at BP, sadly I am Not alone,only morons like you who are too daft to understand speedway will die again at Leicester sooner than later if no changes are made,people are bored and it's now into the 4th season.