British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

The Tesco car park is certainly not ideal with that 4 hour limit.They must have been lots of people faced with the prospect of missing the re-run of heat 15 or facing an £80 fine for being over the car park time limit on saturday. I parked up at 6.20 & judging by the amount of cars & the queues of people at the stadium there must have been dozens of people already parked up well before that. With the delay in the start to allow people in & the 3 crashes I looked at my watch at 9.50 with the ambulance still on the track and thought I was pushing it time wise, l think many would have thought the same & faced with an £80 fine would have left before the re-run.l decided to risk it & exited the car park with 2 minutes to spare.

The land next to the stadium would make an ideal car park, & would certainly be less of a walk for those not too good on their feet.

In the Leicester Mercury about 10 days ago, under the planning applications section, there was an amended planning application from Leicester speedway for a "major development". I looked on the city council website & typed in the planning number to view the plans, but like many things to do with Leicester city council, the link didn't work.Anyone got any idea what the amended plans are?

I have managed to get in and view some of the docs, so give it another go

http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/fdweb/DocList.aspx?pbfc=18

Edited by Elmo

Lakeside and Eastburne away this weekend. Think that will sort the wheat from the chaff, be nice at the seaside though Saturday night.. Probably two of the, shall we say, most challenging tracks to ride.

Does Gorden Kennett still ride for Eastburne :neutral:

Lets hope its warm and sunny so that you can have a paddle but beware the beaches are not sandy.

Lol Gordon does watch from time to time think last time he rode a speedway bike was at Deanos testimonial

Thanks for that, looks like some of the original plans ( football pitches, cycle track & bmx ) might have backers now & might get go ahead if council approve.

Interesting objection email on there, sent in by a certain Ken Naylor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the majority of it is just saying what has already been built & that its different to the original plans. Ie layout of pits, back straight stand. The only new bits seem to say they plan to put acoustic fencing around the back of the pits and at the back of 2 stands.

It also states the work on the pavilion stand could start winter 2014 & then carry on over the next few years in the off season.

Lets hope its warm and sunny so that you can have a paddle but beware the beaches are not sandy.

Lol Gordon does watch from time to time think last time he rode a speedway bike was at Deanos testimonial

Hope he is keeping well - another legend on a speedway bike!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the majority of it is just saying what has already been built & that its different to the original plans. Ie layout of pits, back straight stand. The only new bits seem to say they plan to put acoustic fencing around the back of the pits and at the back of 2 stands.

It also states the work on the pavilion stand could start winter 2014 & then carry on over the next few years in the off season.

Operative word there is Could , If Ladbrokes would take my bet that it will not. I would have a dead cert

Good old Ken,no "agenda" there then!

Just listened to Norrie Allan on the radio saying top 5 did well but not good enough at reserve and will have to look to address it. Gating is poor which makes Heat 2 & 9 are a problem.

He said it isn't Max or Tom's fault blame him and the promotion for possibly picking the wrong riders.

Whilst I doubt that they are looking at getting rid this early, to publicly say that the problem is at reserve is doing what was anticipated and putting pressure immediately on two young reserves and blaming their performances for the defeats (including p'boro)

• Like 1

Just listened to Norrie Allan on the radio saying top 5 did well but not good enough at reserve and will have to look to address it. Gating is poor which makes Heat 2 & 9 are a problem.

He said it isn't Max or Tom's fault blame him and the promotion for possibly picking the wrong riders.

Hallelujah, a manager/promoter who gets it! Poor riders riding for a team are not the riders fault but the people who signed thems fault.

Whilst I doubt that they are looking at getting rid this early, to publicly say that the problem is at reserve is doing what was anticipated and putting pressure immediately on two young reserves and blaming their performances for the defeats (including p'boro)

A team with no heat leaders is going to struggle - it'll be a tough year for Birmingham too,

Edited by Had Enough

What about the surrounding land? Is that David's as well? If it is I wish he'd flatten a bit of it so there can be a bigger car park nearer the stadium. I know of several Coventry fans who would pay their first visit to Leicester but are put off because they can't walk so far.

I think that an approach was made to the council with a view to making the area next to the stadium into car parking facilities but unfortunately the answer was no.

Hallelujah, a manager/promoter who gets it! Poor riders riding for a team are not the riders fault but the people who signed thems fault.

And says so in public !! goodbye Norrie , It was fun while it lasted

Did you know that your comment , saved on the desktop is posting its self again ?

I can assure you there's no objection from Ken. Spoke to him this morning about this very subject. In actual fact, both of us are happy about the planning application from Beaumont Sporting Complex, believing it's about time they addressed some of these things. It's taken long enough - though I imagine it's been instigated by the council.

I can assure you there's no objection from Ken. Spoke to him this morning about this very subject. In actual fact, both of us are happy about the planning application from Beaumont Sporting Complex, believing it's about time they addressed some of these things. It's taken long enough - though I imagine it's been instigated by the council.

You can see a copy of Ken's comments at http://fdweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/fdweb/Image.aspx?pbfc=375

• Like 1

What a poor show by the team manager. Just what I spoke of last week. If they don't get the points they will go.

I would have been far better to have worded things a little different. I would have been far better to have given the 2 lads a bit of confidence. Saying that they had struggled the first 2 meetings, but this was an issue that The promoter,myself and the team are working on with the lads, to help them with any problems they.

Not make it sound that if they do poorly next week then we will have to look at things in a new light. Naughty Naughty.