British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Good to see both Leics reserves scoring big points for Cradley tonight wonder if Mr Allen will ask for team managing skills from Cradley manager after his recent post about his two reserves.

Edited by FTM

Good to see both Leics reserves scoring big points for Cradley tonight wonder if Mr Allen will ask for team managing skills from Cradley manager after his recent post about his two reserves.

He is correct. They are not gating as good as the others but they are only National League standard so what can he expect.

Tom Perry & Max Clegg have both had a real confidence boosting week, experience at Lakeside on Friday, matching Eastbourne's reserves scoring on Saturday, great performances & race wins at Leicester on Sunday and only 1 race out of 9 between them without a win or paid win in their great performances at Cradley last night and both gating much more consistently too in past couple of meetings I hear.

Credit to them both

• Like 2

It looks like someone has been doing things that are right for them. They need all the help they can get from management and the other team mates. If all these young lads no matter what club they race for are given this help. We should start to see some progress, in the way they ride. Then in a couple of years time we may just have a few up and coming riders that will make The British team become one to be proud of again.

It may take a while but with help it should work. After watching the GP on Saturday, it was heart breaking to watch our British lads get beaten Bomber Harris is never going to get back where he was I think, he may as well just call it a day in the GP's he was nowhere near the pace and to come away with 0 points it can't do his ego much good either.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

Will someone PLEASE change the Lions song prior to the start of each meeting. It's certainly not motivational and sounds more like a kids nursery rhyme.

Lets hope that Jason Doyle is OK what a nasty accident he was in in the worlds beast Pairs tonight. Went over with his leg trapped in the bike, the bike did a full somersault and he never got up he was awake and in lots of pain. But they didn't say after the racing how he was.We can do without losing another rider to injury and suprise suprise Jlung was racing again. This time for Sweden.

Along with you I hope JD is not too badly injured - he was a revelation for us (Brummies) last season.

Good news - no broken bones so should be back within a week or so.

• Like 5

Lets hope that Jason Doyle is OK what a nasty accident he was in in the worlds beast Pairs tonight.

It was a beast of a fall!

• Like 2

Good news - no broken bones so should be back within a week or so.

Wow if he's got away without a break it's a miracle!! Awful accident!

Slight concussion and 2 nasty looking deep gashes in his leg - but back in a week!! :t:

Slight concussion and 2 nasty looking deep gashes in his leg - but back in a week!! :t:

Lucky man - it looked an awful crash. Although the Latvian wiped him out I'm sure he didn't mean to! I see the usual suspects on Twitter are calling for red cards to be introduced.

Leicester are very lucky that Doyle has not got any broken bones as it looked like he may have broken his thigh. But they have still got to find two replacements for the rest of the season as Peter Ljung contract has finished and now Patrick Hougaard has decided that he does not want to ride in the UK this year. So looks like the management team have got a lot searching around for replacement riders and to add further problems I hear there has now been a new ruling with tier 2 visas meaning both Sam Masters and Max Fricke can now not double up with elite league clubs. I wonder if the club will give Lasse Bjerre a chance but he now has to miss more meetings due to U21s as well as Peterborough clashes

I thought it looked like a broken thigh as well , until I aksed my neighbour if i could see the replay on his 60 inch tv , in a larger format it was much easier to make a diagnosis on tv , and i could soon see that it was just lacerations and some deep muscle bruising ,

• Like 2

If this is the way that foriegn riders are using our leagues sign up and theen bail out of the UK when thier own seasons start, they should not be allowed over here. If they made it plain that they would only be here for a number of weeks then all well and good. It is playing havoc with the teams trying to find other riders to take thier places and the way things are all you are doing is scrapping the barrel of riders that never had a chance to find a place at the start of the season.

That is unless they can pull in some better riders, but where from is more to the point.

Glad to hear that Jason was ok, from the looks of the crash with his leg stuck in the bike, it was looking like he would be in for a leangthy stay of the track.

Did anyone watch the Swedish speedway before the pairs. Nice shaped track but the track conditions where terrible even before the rain and the stadium looked like something from the 70's over here. What a dump.