British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

As Eastie are keeping Lahti then Kim Nilsson becomes available.

I liked him at 1 of the testimonials think it was MK's

I thought it looked like a broken thigh as well , until I aksed my neighbour if i could see the replay on his 60 inch tv , in a larger format it was much easier to make a diagnosis on tv , and i could soon see that it was just lacerations and some deep muscle bruising ,

Wow that sounds like some state of the art TV.

Where the hell did they buy that from not Argos I bet?

If this is the way that foriegn riders are using our leagues sign up and theen bail out of the UK when thier own seasons start, they should not be allowed over here. If they made it plain that they would only be here for a number of weeks then all well and good. It is playing havoc with the teams trying to find other riders to take thier places and the way things are all you are doing is scrapping the barrel of riders that never had a chance to find a place at the start of the season.

That is unless they can pull in some better riders, but where from is more to the point.

Glad to hear that Jason was ok, from the looks of the crash with his leg stuck in the bike, it was looking like he would be in for a leangthy stay of the track.

Did anyone watch the Swedish speedway before the pairs. Nice shaped track but the track conditions where terrible even before the rain and the stadium looked like something from the 70's over here. What a dump.

Didn't take much notice of the stadium,too busy looking at the Start line girls,they looked even better in HD.

How come we don't have them at BP

I thought they just had another 28 day facility to monitor Nilsson`s form in Sweden?

Didn't take much notice of the stadium,too busy looking at the Start line girls,they looked even better in HD.

Don't start that one up again. !!!!

Don't start that one up again. !!!!

Sorry bit of a newbie didn't realise it had been debated before.

Probably not PC for BP

What about getting Chris Popple n Rob Sensical to multi task?

Edited by Shirl

Leicester are very lucky that Doyle has not got any broken bones as it looked like he may have broken his thigh. But they have still got to find two replacements for the rest of the season as Peter Ljung contract has finished and now Patrick Hougaard has decided that he does not want to ride in the UK this year. So looks like the management team have got a lot searching around for replacement riders and to add further problems I hear there has now been a new ruling with tier 2 visas meaning both Sam Masters and Max Fricke can now not double up with elite league clubs. I wonder if the club will give Lasse Bjerre a chance but he now has to miss more meetings due to U21s as well as Peterborough clashes

If it's true that Hougarrd has quit as well & we've got to find two replacements, then maybe Sunstrom & Bjerre might be an option,i think they just fit average wise. Bjerre missing meetings might be a problem, but as far i can tell by looking at the fixtures it would only be 3 meetings, as 2 of the 3 u-21 meetings don't clash with Lions fixtures. The biggest problem would be 24th July when we meet Eastbourne,the same night as Sheffield v Peterborough meaning Stead & Bjerre would be missing.

It was a beast of a fall!

The chief beast was a certain Mr Pedersen.

Horrible crash, just seen it on catch up, so a big thumbs up for JD that it's "just" a flesh wound.

Leicester are very lucky that Doyle has not got any broken bones as it looked like he may have broken his thigh. But they have still got to find two replacements for the rest of the season as Peter Ljung contract has finished and now Patrick Hougaard has decided that he does not want to ride in the UK this year. So looks like the management team have got a lot searching around for replacement riders and to add further problems I hear there has now been a new ruling with tier 2 visas meaning both Sam Masters and Max Fricke can now not double up with elite league clubs. I wonder if the club will give Lasse Bjerre a chance but he now has to miss more meetings due to U21s as well as Peterborough clashes

Is it a case of these riders deciding to spend their Saturdays in Poland in stead of the UK, because being selected to ride for their Polish teams on the following Sunday depends on their taking part in the Saturday practice sessions? Who will be next? Mads?

Sorry bit of a newbie didn't realise it had been debated before.

Probably not PC for BP

What about getting Chris Popple n Rob Sensical to multi task?

We had start girls the 1st season. If you have any mates that were there then they can fill you in.

we had 4 bearded drag queens at Kake's testimonial. I'm not sure that's got much future eithet

• Like 1

We had start girls the 1st season. If you have any mates that were there then they can fill you in.

we had 4 bearded drag queens at Kake's testimonial. I'm not sure that's got much future eithet

If its good enough for Eurovision, it's good enough for Speedway!!!!!

They tried using them during the first season.......didn't last too long.....bit of an ugly bunch from what I can remember.
  • Like 1

Didn't realise Patrick has done a runner as well as Iron so Leicester have been right stitched up.

Didn't realise Patrick has done a runner as well as Iron so Leicester have been right stitched up.

Why has both peter & Patrick up & gone from Leicester?

Time to bring young bjerre back

Look at flagrags post page before