British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

From the reports I have heard Paddy has decided that he picks up too many injuries in the UK and wants to concentrate on Denmark and Poland with his Polish club asking him to be out there on Saturdays to practice which obviously clashes with Leicester. So Leicester are back to looking for two riders

Time to bring Nemo back , always popular with the fans , has an established elite league average, never messed leicester about because of commitments in other countries , would be a great assistant to Max and Tom , Ideal candidate I think

• Like 3

Time to bring Nemo back , always popular with the fans , has an established elite league average, never messed leicester about because of commitments in other countries , would be a great assistant to Max and Tom , Ideal candidate I think

Totally agree. One of the best riders Leicester have had in terms of professionalism, commitment and always tries his best for the club.

Plus, he's a gentleman.

• Like 2

Totally agree. One of the best riders Leicester have had in terms of professionalism, commitment and always tries his best for the club.

Plus, he's a gentleman.

Nemo is attending to family matters as he has a new baby and always said he wouldn't be riding kn the UK this year apart from a testimonial in Workington

Nemo is attending to family matters as he has a new baby and always said he wouldn't be riding kn the UK this year apart from a testimonial in Workington

I see. That'll be why he was in the team for the friendly return at Peterborough.

Nice to follow a team that keeps supporters up to date with all the latest happenings at the club. With instant information posted on the team website the moment it happens.

Just look at that team the Berwick Bandits, they have a news letter that supporters can subscribe to, for free, which is sent out in an email to arrive in your in box once a week. It tells fans all the latest comings and goings, whats going off team wise and even if meetings are on or off. What a daft idea................who the hell thought that would catch on.

Just had another crazy idea. Perhaps advertising could be sold on it to help with the cost..........Naaaaaaa maybe not.

Edited by nightshift

From the reports I have heard Paddy has decided that he picks up too many injuries in the UK and wants to concentrate on Denmark and Poland with his Polish club asking him to be out there on Saturdays to practice which obviously clashes with Leicester. So Leicester are back to looking for two riders

It's sounding like the Polish clubs have become more demanding this season, with their non-Polish riders - along the lines of "if you don't turn up to Saturday practice you'll be lucky to get in the team on Sunday". I heard that Chris Harris was omitted from his team the other weekend, even after he did show up for the Saturday practice, and of course most Polish teams can operate this way as they have a squad system. I know they do this with their Polish riders, maybe they're playing hardball more and almost forcing riders to be there on Saturdays?

It doesn't bode very well for the likes of Leicester and Eastbourne in terms of being able to sign and retain riders, does it? It was fairly obvious (to me, anyway!) right from the outset, that Leicester would encounter these difficulties in the EL, and I now start to wonder about what Mads' future is?

Nice to follow a team that keeps supporters up to date with all the latest happenings at the club. With instant information posted on the team website the moment it happens.

Just look at that team the Berwick Bandits, they have a news letter that supporters can subscribe to, for free, which is sent out in an email to arrive in your in box once a week. It tells fans all the latest comings and goings, whats going off team wise and even if meetings are on or off. What a daft idea................who the hell thought that would catch on.

Just had another crazy idea. Perhaps advertising could be sold on it to help with the cost..........Naaaaaaa maybe not.

Follows the same method the government uses.....wait till there's some good news and then "bury it"!!

And the good news is.......??

Serves Leicester right, You wanted Elite League.

You have it. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for letting us into the PL.

Doesn't matter what name you use as you still post a load of rubbish anyway :mad:

• Like 2

nightshift...........Nice to follow a team that keeps supporters up to date with all the latest happenings at the club. With instant information posted on the team website the moment it happens.

It would be nice, but as there isn't an E.L. fixture until the 24th I would imagine desperate measures have been going on behind the scenes to try to get two replacements before the next meeting. Can't be easy.

I see. That'll be why he was in the team for the friendly return at Peterborough.

He was in the country at the time for the testomonial staying with the Atwoods

Wow if he's got away without a break it's a miracle!! Awful accident!

Truly scary moment for Doyley, especially with the way his head hit the deck,I must say I feared the worst. Good to see it is not bad as first feared, still quite horrific pictures of his leg wounds on twitter.

Get well soon mate.

It would be nice, but as there isn't an E.L. fixture until the 24th I would imagine desperate measures have been going on behind the scenes to try to get two replacements before the next meeting. Can't be easy.

Next fixture is away to Swindon on 22nd May.

I have got a great deal of sympathy with nightshift on this. Having said that the promotion were fairly quick in response to Jason's crash but why on earth do they leave us to rely on the rumours and hearsay and so called insider knowledge on this web site to find out what's happening with the club that we support? For example in last week's Speedway Star the Team Manager was reported as saying that Peter Ljung was unlikely to return (nothing on the web site!). And we read on here that Paddy is also likely not to come back. Why don't the club tell us what's going on - even if they just say that A & B are not coming back, we are hoping to sign two new riders in time for the meeting at Swindon on the 22nd. If we can't get them signed in time we will use guests/RR. Surely they can also tell us who they have ruled out and the reasons e.g. we can only sign one more doubling up rider, rider X has a lot of Saturday commitments etc. etc. I live in hope!

• Like 3

Next fixture is away to Swindon on 22nd May.

Okay fair enough - I didn't look at away fixtures.

Regarding promoters not telling fans what's going on I'm afraid that's what usually happens so I didn't expect Leicester to be any different.