British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Well let's hope your next experience of speedway at the Showground is a better one. Even the better tracks have off days. I'm sure we all go to a meeting hoping to 1) see entertaining racing and 2) not see anybody getting hurt. In fact almost certainly in the reverse order.

Yes lets hope so. I just think that like Sheffield the track is too fast.

That makes no sense whatsoever..

• Like 3

That's what makes it exciting. I love watching speedway at Peterborough. Great track.

• Like 4

Maybe they should stop riding those dangerous motor bikes and use tricycles instead :wink:

• Like 2

SPEEDway is there Not a clue in the name of the sport ? LOL

I have seen some of the best races at Peterborough,Sheffield,Bydgoszcz and other big tracks.

Funniest post of 2014 award winner TMW :)

HA HA yes I'm having to hold mu sides to stop them from splitting

• Like 1

Leicester are buoyed by the news that Jason Doyle has now received clearance to race in this country for Leicester and will take his place at the head of the team to face Wolverhampton on Saturday at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium. It will be an historic day for the club as the fixture signals the first meeting for the Rapid Solicitors Lions in the Elite League.

“I was relieved to receive confirmation from Jason who told me he will be flying out tomorrow and will be landing early on Thursday morning. The news has come just in time as the deadline for declaring the Leicester team to the BSPA for 2014 had to happen prior to 7.30 pm on Wednesday evening. Now all it leaves is for Jason to test his bikes before Saturday and his presence will be a big boost to his teammates and Leicester Speedway” commented the Lions Promoter, David Hemsley.

SPEEDway is there Not a clue in the name of the sport ? LOL

I have seen some of the best races at Peterborough,Sheffield,Bydgoszcz and other big tracks.

Funniest post of 2014 award winner TMW :)

No way, I'm voting for Weatherwatcher

• Like 1

This is how I was always told that the rules of speedway where applied. It must be me who was told wrong all those years ago by a top class speedway rider.

Speedway has 2 very different standards. Team racing as in 2 riders per team trying to get first from the gate, hopefully both your teams riders and then working as a pair to stop the opposite teams pair of riders from getting past you.

Something that most teams are incapable of.

The other is individuale races where 4 riders go head to head, then try to overtake. With the standards of most riders, more so from this contry it seems they are usually trailing half a lap or more behind everyone else.

I don't think the Lions have a strong enogh team to, be winning that many races , not at the start of the season anyway. Hope they can come together as a team as the season goes on, but it is going to be a long uphill struggle for them in this first season, in the EL.

Doyle just dosn't seem to me to be a No.1 rider. They could have done with someone a bit stronger to lead the team. We will haqve to wait and see

Edited by weatherwatcher

This is how I was always told that the rules of speedway where applied. It must be me who was told wrong all those years ago by a top class speedway rider.

Speedway has 2 very different standards. Team racing as in 2 riders per team trying to get first from the gate, hopefully both your teams riders and then working as a pair to stop the opposite teams pair of riders from getting past you.

Something that most teams are incapable of.

The other is individuale races where 4 riders go head to head, then try to overtake. With the standards of most riders, more so from this contry it seems they are usually trailing half a lap or more behind everyone else.

I'd love to know where these meetings take place where riders are trailing half a lap or more behind. I've been attending speedway since the early 1980's and bar a rider falling off, I haven't yet seen this. Ever.

I'd love to know where these meetings take place where riders are trailing half a lap or more behind. I've been attending speedway since the early 1980's and bar a rider falling off, I haven't yet seen this. Ever.

Maybe when a tracks wet but your right. The reserve heats last night were only a second or 2 slower, its hardly half a lap difference.

At the risk of getting a hail of bricks heading my way......... you've obviously not been to Beaumont Park yet :rofl:

I have seen many races with riders half a lap or so behind.as Big Al says it is quite regular at BP

I have seen many races with riders half a lap or so behind.as Big Al says it is quite regular at BP

This can't be so.

We're told the racing is far much better in the PL and the teams more equal?

• Like 2

No way, I'm voting for Weatherwatcher

It is close but TMW stands out the funniest,tracks too fast,hehe.