British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I am not getting on at the reserve riders other than I think most of them are in this above thier heads. It is to much of a leap for them for the first year to expect them to ride and win races or lose races at the expense of thier teams.

I shall be there on Sunday and hope to see some good racing. I am there to support the Lions be they top 5 or the two reserves.

I just hope that they do well,as I said I think they will find it really hard if they are weekly losing races. Will the promoters stick with them long enough if they are failing to make the grade.

Someone has already said this could break some of these riders, not only from the fact that it will not do thier confidence much good but it will also break thier hearts.

Lets give all the reserves a chance and see how it goes for them.

The first month or so will be a hard up hill strugle for so, I just hope they make the grade in the end.

Or we will be seeing riders chaning teams or going back to the NL. That is not what we want.

We need to bring these riders on for the future of British speedway, they are going to need all the help they can get from the promoters the other riders but most of all from the support of thye fans.

Lets no slate them if they fail to win the first few meeting.

I am sure with a little help and encouragement, they will make it this new form of racing for them.

Can't wait for Sunday.

I am not getting on at the reserve riders other than I think most of them are in this above thier heads. It is to much of a leap for them for the first year to expect them to ride and win races or lose races at the expense of thier teams.

It's outrageous because they've never had to do anything like that before...

The format is putting way too much pressure on them. I think that's the point that Weatherwatcher (and others) have been trying to make, they are not slating the riders involved, they are actually more concerned about them and especially about the possible negative effects if a team comes under pressure to make changes if results don't go well and if the shortage of points is from rider numbers 6 and/or 7.

This is what happened at Leicester last season to an extent, and we got into a kind of revolving door situation - also it happened in 2011.

I shall be there on Sunday and hope to see some good racing. I am there to support the Lions be they top 5 or the two reserves.

I just hope that they do well,as I said I think they will find it really hard if they are weekly losing races. Will the promoters stick with them long enough if they are failing to make the grade.

Someone has already said this could break some of these riders, not only from the fact that it will not do thier confidence much good but it will also break thier hearts.

Lets give all the reserves a chance and see how it goes for them.

The first month or so will be a hard up hill strugle for so, I just hope they make the grade in the end.

Or we will be seeing riders chaning teams or going back to the NL. That is not what we want.

We need to bring these riders on for the future of British speedway, they are going to need all the help they can get from the promoters the other riders but most of all from the support of thye fans.

Lets no slate them if they fail to win the first few meeting.

I am sure with a little help and encouragement, they will make it this new form of racing for them.

Can't wait for Sunday.

I'm not sure if it's something to do with age weatherwatcher but all of your recent posts are exactly the same referring to poor Max being off the pace and not being able to cut it and then saying we should give them a chance.We should give these young lads a chance for the sake of the future of British speedway,in the past we have let too many go ie James Sargent and Lewis Blackbird.

Also you keep saying you can't wait for Sunday,is that because it's Mothers Day cos if your expecting to see some speedway at BP you'll be on ya own mate.Saturday 7.30 c ya there.Shirl

• Like 1

I shall be there and I think we shall see some good racing. The Lions are going to need all the suport they can get and less wining from the fans. This is a new era for them, and a very big step that they have taken. I just hope that with the side they have that they can do good but I have my doubts. But I will still be behind them. If they finish last so what as long as they have a good try.

We need to get behind the team and give all all we can.

Just Bye by the Bye, my Mum died 3 years ago. So it has no meaning to me now only memories.

Great to see Peter Ljung giving Max Clegg some gating advice after the meeting. More of this please, encourage the youngsters.

• Like 8

This is what the lads need. Someone to look up to and someone that will openly give them advise. Must closer outcome than I thought it would be. They didn't win but at least they put up a decent show for thier first ride in the EL.

As my understanding of what speedway racing is all about is completely wrong, I will not pass any further comment on the track/track alterations. The balustrade is definitely rickety though. Please administer caution when cheering on the Lions.

Checked out the balustrade last night,it didn't look too bad and the suites look very posh

What about the surrounding land? Is that David's as well? If it is I wish he'd flatten a bit of it so there can be a bigger car park nearer the stadium. I know of several Coventry fans who would pay their first visit to Leicester but are put off because they can't walk so far.

What about the surrounding land? Is that David's as well? If it is I wish he'd flatten a bit of it so there can be a bigger car park nearer the stadium. I know of several Coventry fans who would pay their first visit to Leicester but are put off because they can't walk so far.

I agree on the car parking. Tesco is not ideal

• Like 1

'Every little bit helps'!! :wink::D

• Like 2

The Tesco car park is certainly not ideal with that 4 hour limit.They must have been lots of people faced with the prospect of missing the re-run of heat 15 or facing an £80 fine for being over the car park time limit on saturday. I parked up at 6.20 & judging by the amount of cars & the queues of people at the stadium there must have been dozens of people already parked up well before that. With the delay in the start to allow people in & the 3 crashes I looked at my watch at 9.50 with the ambulance still on the track and thought I was pushing it time wise, l think many would have thought the same & faced with an £80 fine would have left before the re-run.l decided to risk it & exited the car park with 2 minutes to spare.

The land next to the stadium would make an ideal car park, & would certainly be less of a walk for those not too good on their feet.

In the Leicester Mercury about 10 days ago, under the planning applications section, there was an amended planning application from Leicester speedway for a "major development". I looked on the city council website & typed in the planning number to view the plans, but like many things to do with Leicester city council, the link didn't work.Anyone got any idea what the amended plans are?

Edited by stevethelion
  • Like 1

Lakeside and Eastburne away this weekend. Think that will sort the wheat from the chaff, be nice at the seaside though Saturday night.. Probably two of the, shall we say, most challenging tracks to ride.

Does Gorden Kennett still ride for Eastburne :neutral:

Edited by nightshift