British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

The Elite League has become a total shambles this season! I feel for Leicester ! Didnt think any other team would suffer as much as we have so far, but I could be wrong?

I don't think its any worse than in previous recent seasons. The Draft riders are the best thing to have happened for quite a while. At least we get reserves wanting to have a go and trying.

You cant blame them for wanting to see Elite League riders there every week?

Darcy Ward or Premier League guys? (no disrespect intended...)

Plus the World Champ. 100% agree.

• Like 1

I don't think its any worse than in previous recent seasons. The Draft riders are the best thing to have happened for quite a while. At least we get reserves wanting to have a go and trying.

Plus the World Champ. 100% agree.

Amen to that

• Like 1

I don't think going EL was as much to do with ego more to do with showing the council, who you have to bow and scrape to, some progression in order to secure it's future. That is one thing Leicester has on it's side a promoter who knows planning law back to front and how to beat it.

Yours sincerely

Rose tinted

Edited by TMW

You cant blame them for wanting to see Elite League riders there every week?

Darcy Ward or Premier League guys? (no disrespect intended...)

there are no more of them wanting to see Elite league every two or three weeks than there were for premier league .in fact now that the novelty of elite league has worn off , and no visible improvement on the racing , theres less , the management now find themselves with hugely increased expense but decreased revenue since their paydays are at best every fortnight , and they are suffering the same as all the other Elite teams with riders having to bow to demands from Poland , better quality riders have a higher wage demand and also more opportunities to have those demands met abroad , leicester will remain in the elite to the bitter end which wont be long , because Hemsley will never accept that anything he does is a mistake .

Instead of creating more support joining the Elite league has actually lost support , disjointed fixtures are one reason , and another is because the local teams are now in the same league , so Cov , Wolves , Bham, supporters will not support like they did when leicester were in a different league . showing the council an empty stadium and a losing team wont do them any favours and suggesting that it will shows how the rose tinted come up with excuses for everything based on their own delusions , meanwhile back in the real world !!! Jim the crystal clear over and out .

• Like 1

What exactly are the management supposed to say? 'Ljung and Hougaard are no longer with us, and we don't yet know who will replace them'?! :sad:

You should apply for the job of Leicester press & PR officer :t:

• Like 1

You should apply for the job of Leicester press & PR officer :t:

Ha ha. Spent too many years doing exactly that elsewhere!!! :shock::D

What exactly are the management supposed to say? 'Ljung and Hougaard are no longer with us, and we don't yet know who will replace them'?! :sad:

We know Ljung isn't injured as riding elsewhere. Surely there must be a period of time to replace him?

Once again like with Poole & smart, the paying public are last to know

We know Ljung isn't injured as riding elsewhere. Surely there must be a period of time to replace him?

I'm sure the paying public will know before they pay to attend their next meeting - on 22nd is it??

As for Poole and Smart - the vast majority of Poole fans knew exactly what was happening and many said so on this forum. They can't help it if others choose not to believe!! :D

Edited by Skidder1

seems odd that Ljung and Hougaard are both , it appears, no longer interested.

Hopefully Leicester will do what most sensible clubs do and name the replacements and make the changes ASAP and let the public know whats going on.

What we don't want is another `Smart` situation.

As for Poole and Smart - the vast majority of Poole fans knew exactly what was happening and many said so on this forum. They can't help it if others choose not to believe!! :D

His fate was sealed the moment he was picked

• Like 2

A bit like Ben Hopwood then :D

Well on that one we will have to wait and see, I suppose. He would have been better at BV

Edited by TMW

Any more rumours seeping out of Leicester? There were one or two circulating at Poole this evening - and not about any specific riders?!!

Any more rumours seeping out of Leicester? There were one or two circulating at Poole this evening - and not about any specific riders?!!

Please tell me they were involving THJ.

I would walk from P'boro to Leicester to watch THJ.

Seeing that Lakeside were the visitors - was it anything to do with Ellisgate?