British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I can't blame Leicester for dropping Tom Perry i know he has been injured but how can you be unfit to ride on a Monday when your team really needs you.

But then by a miracle be fit to ride 2 matches in one night just 24 hours later?

You get the impression Leicester have got fed up at being pissed around by riders Ljung & Hougaard started it so when Perry decided this i think it was the final straw .

Tom's fitness was a gamble and if i'm honest I thought it was the right decision for Tom to give Wolves v Lions a miss and ride in the double header at Monmore, on Tuesday, to give him a true reflection of what he could achieve at Swindon on Thursday. It seems to me to be a decision made with the head rather than the heart. I would say that the meeting to come back to for To EL wise would have been Wolves v Lionsfor Tom a place he feels comfortable. I remember a certain Woffy giving Wolves a miss at the end of the season when they could have done with him to safeguard his fitness and to go off and win the world championship.

Why should Tom pay for the (in your words) the disloyalty of other riders

Edited by TMW

I would not be at all surprised to see two more team changes in the Leicester top 5 to be able to get a higher average rider to replace Patrick and hopefully they have a justified replacement for Tom that will strengthen the team up. It's just a shame that they could not keep Tom and drop Max who is really struggling as its a year too early for him Unfortunatly current averages don't allow this I just hope that Toms reaction has not Burnt his bridges if this move was available later in the season.

Edited by flagrag

I would not be at all surprised to see two more team changes in the Leicester top 5 to be able to get a higher average rider to replace Patrick and hopefully they have a justified replacement for Tom that will strengthen the team up. It's just a shame that they could not keep Tom and drop Max who is really struggling as its a year too early for him Unfortunatly current averages don't allow this I just hope that Toms reaction has not Burnt his bridges if this move was available later in the season.

What have averages got to do with FT riders-do you mean gradings ??

Where is it confirmed that Perry has gone?

All I can find is DH in today's mercury saying TP was building his strength up following injury and was coming back later this week. Bit of a U turn if TP has gone.

All becoming a bit of a farce. 3 or 4 guests on Saturday?

All I can find is DH in today's mercury saying TP was building his strength up following injury and was coming back later this week. Bit of a U turn if TP has gone.

Tom Perry is listed in the lineup at Swindon, on the Leicester website and preview on the Swindon website.

Edited by A ORLOV

On his facebook page.

Just seen tom perry has been dropped crazy decision

Not that crazy is the name I heard a couple of weeks ago is true. It's a new draft rider.

I would not think that Hougaard leaving was anything to do with Leicester.He had 2 big injuries while riding for Belle vue which halted his progress in the elite league and really affected his confidence..After a slow start at Peterborough last year he seemed to be getting it back but his last crash seems to have set him back again sad to say i think it will be a good while before we see him riding over here again.

Not that crazy is the name I heard a couple of weeks ago is true. It's a new draft rider.

I find these posts quite tedious actually. Either come out and say it or don't.....So the list is going to be amended mid month to fit this whoever in who is a staggering talent, comes below Perry on the list although they can only guest for the first month and Leicester are going to secure his services. Even Matt Ford would struggle to swing that one.

I find these posts quite tedious actually. Either come out and say it or don't....

I couldn't agree more. These sort of posts really do get on my wick.

Usually made by people who claim to know the inner secrets, but in fact know bugger all.

• Like 1

I find these posts quite tedious actually. Either come out and say it or don't.....So the list is going to be amended mid month to fit this whoever in who is a staggering talent, comes below Perry on the list although they can only guest for the first month and Leicester are going to secure his services. Even Matt Ford would struggle to swing that one.

Using that theory, one hearing a rider has been dropped before moutbing off about how bad it is maybe wait and find out who it is.

The name I heard was 2 weeks ago now, it could be someone else. Why not just wait? It's not like I have announced anything new, I've just said that it's possible that the decision is not a "crazy decision".

Using that theory, one hearing a rider has been dropped before moutbing off about how bad it is maybe wait and find out who it is.

The name I heard was 2 weeks ago now, it could be someone else. Why not just wait? It's not like I have announced anything new, I've just said that it's possible that the decision is not a "crazy decision".

Well they would be on the list now. Otherwise it's first of July and they have to guest for the 1st month by the looks of it.

I've already voiced that opinion further up the thread. If you read. After LionKing's usual woeful offerings on the subject.

I'm not that desperate to win just to enjoy myself

Edited by TMW

Well they would be on the list now. Otherwise it's first of July and they have to guest for the 1st month by the looks of it.

I've already voiced that opinion further up the thread. If you read. After LionKing's usual woeful offerings on the subject.

I'm not that desperate to win just to enjoy myself

So just to confirm. Its ok for you to have your opinion further up the page but when I tell people if what I have heard is true it will be good (which is my opinion) it's wrong and " quite tedious".

Fine, I'll just go with the flow. WTF are the Lions management thinking? Making changes. Changes to a team thats is at the bottom (last but 1 is bottom before some smart ass points out Brum are lower) - It's madness I tell you and the World will end!