British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I hope Leicester do join the EL next year i would look forward to Bees v Lions at Brandon. If Leicester and one more (ipswich?) join it will certainly give the EL and hopefully all EL clubs a boost.

• Like 2

wake up. its all about cash . thats the stuff that the lions dont have,

For the fans sake I hope Leicester stay PL, in general it is a better product than the EL. EL is about prestige and perhaps money, PL is about speedway.

• Like 2

DH gave the strongest indication tonight on the regional news that the Lions would be an EL team next year.

DH gave the strongest indication tonight on the regional news that the Lions would be an EL team next year.

Good Luck to him, I think he will need it.

He was similarly certain this time last year. It isn't his decision. Hopefully his confidence isn't misplaced.

He was similarly certain this time last year. It isn't his decision. Hopefully his confidence isn't misplaced.

Perhaps the Elite League need him/Leicester next year. Where as for 2013 it would have meant a smaller slice of the Sky pie perhaps in 2014 the Sky pie is dependant on an expanded league.

• Like 1

Lets hope the new fans keep turning up in the droves as David Hemsley pointed out!. I would guess it's probably go for it, do or die, as the only option ..

Interestingly if we go elite then it actually will give me the opportunity to support Leicester without having to witness the excuse for the sport at BP quite as much. I do wonder how many will think the same. Without a change to the track I can see myself at far more away meetings than home next year. In a league with Coventry, Birmingham, Peterborough, Wolverhampton (and swap Somerset for Poole) i'll definately be swapping nights at BP for nights away.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Hemsleys office this Sunday as he signs pay cheques that amount to twice the gate takings . Will the penny drop ?? I doubt it myself .

Lets hope the new fans keep turning up in the droves as David Hemsley pointed out!. I would guess it's probably go for it, do or die, as the only option ..

Interestingly if we go elite then it actually will give me the opportunity to support Leicester without having to witness the excuse for the sport at BP quite as much. I do wonder how many will think the same. Without a change to the track I can see myself at far more away meetings than home next year. In a league with Coventry, Birmingham???, Peterborough,??? Wolverhampton (and swap Somerset for Poole) I'll definitely be swapping nights at BP for nights away.

• Like 1

bet hemsley wished he had took the 40 k he was offered to join the elite league in leicesters first season ?

hemsley should have taken the 40 k he was offered to join the elite league in his first season . this was at the same time peterborough and coventry were talking about pulling out ?

More like being pushed out. Perhaps David has more morals than the other club who couldn't wait to move up and take their place so Sky would have their 8 teams.

More like being pushed out. Perhaps David has more morals than the other club who couldn't wait to move up and take their place so Sky would have their 8 teams.

Honestly Gemini , normally your posts are sensible and unbiased , but having read all the posts on the Leicester threads over 3 or more years , you thinking David Hemsley has any morals is Plain and simply silly ,

• Like 1

Leicester will be in same league as Coventry, Wolves and probably Birmingham - no doubt about it. Dudley to come in for them.

Edited by RedcarRacer