British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

At least there'll be some passing for a change.

Amusing but same old.

How was the meeting yesterday?

Glorious day to watch speedway,I arrived at the stadium at 1.40 after parking,it was really busy which was great in support of the Ben Fund but the queue for admission was horrendous only the two little windows open to take money which is ridiculous.Apparently the start time was put back to let everyone in but had a prior engagement at 4.30 so went home.

By the look of the scoring Cooky and Morris had good days.

How was the racing?

How was the meeting yesterday?

Glorious day to watch speedway,I arrived at the stadium at 1.40 after parking,it was really busy which was great in support of the Ben Fund but the queue for admission was horrendous only the two little windows open to take money which is ridiculous.Apparently the start time was put back to let everyone in but had a prior engagement at 4.30 so went home.

By the look of the scoring Cooky and Morris had good days.

How was the racing?

See the Ben Fund thread!!!

Thanks Big Al and Gemini.

I'm new to this posting lark and thought it was quiet on the Leicester thread and not realising it had its own.

Must be the sun stroke I endured yesterday.

Having looked on it same old same old then.

Pleased to hear that most peopled enjoyed there day considering we've got a 'crap track and 'crap promotion'

Can you believe these people??? Mind you, not surprising is it. Leicester Ci ty were top of the league recently by a significant margin and the fans were booing the team!!

Perhaps you guys should consider the anxiety that fans from Reading, Newport, Halifax, Bradford, Wimbledon, Oxford, Hackney and numerous others have suffered in recent times.

Why bother going if all you do is moan? The racing at Swindon is at times fairly bland, but that's the nature of the sport. Unless you are lucky to be regulars at brilliant tracks like Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Somerset, Scunthorpe and Sheffield, then you have to accept that speedway in general produces one or two good races per meeting.

Support your local track.

• Like 7

Can you believe these people??? Mind you, not surprising is it. Leicester Ci ty were top of the league recently by a significant margin and the fans were booing the team!!

Perhaps you guys should consider the anxiety that fans from Reading, Newport, Halifax, Bradford, Wimbledon, Oxford, Hackney and numerous others have suffered in recent times.

Why bother going if all you do is moan? The racing at Swindon is at times fairly bland, but that's the nature of the sport. Unless you are lucky to be regulars at brilliant tracks like Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Somerset, Scunthorpe and Sheffield, then you have to accept that speedway in general produces one or two good races per meeting.

Having witnessed racing at the brilliant tracks mentioned you will understand the frustration of supporting speedway at Leicester. A purpose built track sadly not fit for purpose.

• Like 1

Having witnessed racing at the brilliant tracks mentioned you will understand the frustration of supporting speedway at Leicester. A purpose built track sadly not fit for purpose.

So said brilliant racing didn't attract enough fans to keep it going then

• Like 1

Kind of see where your coming from but peeps need to be entertained. One or two good races per meeting is not entertaining - we need more than that. Not logical to keep paying your entrance fee just to support your local track, it must be exciting. It's all too slick (there are a few exceptions), consistent track preperation and plenty of dirt / grip would create better racing. That's the only way to retain / attract punters.

• Like 3

........and plenty of dirt / grip would create better racing.

Has SCB gone to bed already? :lol: I was expecting his usual reply that plenty of dirt does not necessarily mean better racing because the riders and bikes can't handle it.

If you are finding the racing at BP as boreing as I am finding this topic then I do feel for you. Every heat scrutinised for a pass and every pass scrutinised for authenticity.

Lets be clear if BP fails and ends up as waste land housing containers then there will only be 1 person to blame for refusing to do as he was told then the little group can say I told you say and we can all go back to watching at Cov and Peterborough

Now can we all move on please

• Like 1

qI enjoy my speedway. And enjoy going to see the Lions .Speedway is a sport of skill or so I was always told. It is made up of a team and 2 riders go out on the track to ride as a pair. The aim is to win a race and to race as a pair, to stop other riders from overtaking you. Get away first and second from the gate and stay there.

I you want to watch overtaking all the time then you are watching the wrong sport and should change to watching super bikes.

I get more from watching a pair of good riders win a heat by riding as a pair than if every lap they where overtaking each other like clockwork mice on a toy train track.

Get to know what the sport is about and when you see a couple of true craftsmen race a heat. Then you will see a far greater amount of good races.

I do, and have been doing so for a very long time and still love my speedway.

Lets support our team and don't let us see the Lions be lost from speedway again. They where away for far to long last time around.

qI enjoy my speedway. And enjoy going to see the Lions .Speedway is a sport of skill or so I was always told. It is made up of a team and 2 riders go out on the track to ride as a pair. The aim is to win a race and to race as a pair, to stop other riders from overtaking you. Get away first and second from the gate and stay there.

I you want to watch overtaking all the time then you are watching the wrong sport and should change to watching super bikes.

I get more from watching a pair of good riders win a heat by riding as a pair than if every lap they where overtaking each other like clockwork mice on a toy train track.

Get to know what the sport is about and when you see a couple of true craftsmen race a heat. Then you will see a far greater amount of good races.

I do, and have been doing so for a very long time and still love my speedway.

Lets support our team and don't let us see the Lions be lost from speedway again. They where away for far to long last time around.

Fully agree with you - BUT it relies on the 3 or 4 riders being close enough to one another, to require the skills you describe to be used. It needs more than one racing line, in order to make the outcome uncertain. And where's the enjoyment of something, where you know what the outcome's going to be? Personally, I prefer unpredicability!