British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Heather did they not later say that there was an appeal in but it hadnt been decided yet? That makes it seem as though there is something to worry about - if Doyle's appeal failed there is no way Joey's will go through and he does seem to have gone home without re-applying before his visa expired. Having said that I am shocked to hear that Glasgow only had a one year visa for him bearing in mind the Mason Campton situation

• Like 1

Someone posted on facebook that they have spoken to his girlfriend and that there hasn't been any issues with his visa yet, so why the worry?

So why is it in Speedway Star?

Two words! The second one off. :mad:

Three words. The second two being "right" and "off".

• Like 1

Heather did they not later say that there was an appeal in but it hadnt been decided yet? That makes it seem as though there is something to worry about - if Doyle's appeal failed there is no way Joey's will go through and he does seem to have gone home without re-applying before his visa expired. Having said that I am shocked to hear that Glasgow only had a one year visa for him bearing in mind the Mason Campton situation

Just read the conversation again and there is nothing about Joey having to appeal. As far as it seems he has applied and is just waiting on a decision.

So why is it in Speedway Star?

The Speedway Star also printed that Glasgow haven't been in talks with James Grieves about a farewell meeting which is not true.

Just read the conversation again and there is nothing about Joey having to appeal. As far as it seems he has applied and is just waiting on a decision.

The Speedway Star also printed that Glasgow haven't been in talks with James Grieves about a farewell meeting which is not true.

I think this is the bit Im getting confused at Heather (obviously missing out the persons name but as Heather will vouch they are 100% reliable!)

Just saying its not always fact (name removed).. Talking to joeys girlfriend right now and she can confirm that there still hasnt been a decision

I've misunderstood that amongst everything else said, thanks for keeping me right :) Worrying that it is taking so long though as presumably it would have gone in before he left in October as is required by the legislation

I think this is the bit Im getting confused at Heather (obviously missing out the persons name but as Heather will vouch they are 100% reliable!)

Just saying its not always fact (name removed).. Talking to joeys girlfriend right now and she can confirm that there still hasnt been a decision

I've misunderstood that amongst everything else said, thanks for keeping me right :) Worrying that it is taking so long though as presumably it would have gone in before he left in October as is required by the legislation

I'm not really clued up on the legislation to do with the visas etc but it did confuse me too regarding how long it took to confirm Joey's signing and what you said about the 2 year visa. I had thought it would have been the same situation as when Josh etc came over and had a 2 year deal. The whole thing is confusing me lol.

I do hope, though, that Joey doesn't have any problems with obtaining his visa as I was glad we had signed him after waiting so long to hear news on what he was doing.

The lack of 2 year visa - especially after Mason was the one first hit with the rules - seems very irresponsible by the promotion but IF the visa and paperwork had been applied for in October before Joey left these shores (and obviously before expiry) I dont see how there would be a problem. Thats why I am suspicious about it taking so long .

Two words! The second one off. :mad:

Sorry did i put a spelling mistake in there!

How about we try again Ringwood being one off those flops! that better :t:

• Like 1

Edinburgh Minions Supporter's Fund Raiser

Minion supporters turned up in force tonight for a fund raiser at a local Armadale public house, "Loweringthe Bar".

Both of the crowd heartly agreed on the Minion's PL finish position in 2014 .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBJ_FDcCwTU

Edited by george.m
  • Like 3

Maybes some good news on Joey ........

http://www.speedwayg...rough-for-doyle

This does seem a tangled web but it might just be starting to unwind in the antipodeans favour.

I feel a bit mixed about this whole scenario. I am quite happy to see Joey back but still would prefer a young Brit.

• Like 1

This does seem a tangled web but it might just be starting to unwind in the antipodeans favour.

I feel a bit mixed about this whole scenario. I am quite happy to see Joey back but still would prefer a young Brit.

Fair enough. Your suggestion, please, of a "young Brit" who isn't an asset of another club, is available now and will outscore Mr Ringwood?

Fair enough. Your suggestion, please, of a "young Brit" who isn't an asset of another club, is available now and will outscore Mr Ringwood?

I'm with Joseq7 on this.

I would prefer a young Brit in principle.

The naming, or not naming, of a suitable candidate doesn't change this ideology.