British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Leicester (home & Away) 20&25th Oct

Glyn Taylor had same problem last weekend but him and his trackstaff worked their collective butts off to get a decent racetrack on including taking off a large amount of soaked shale and relaying surface .

Some are commited and some are not ........

. Ftm you should know better as you worked the track at cover and after running a very wet stocks meeting then rain every day what do you think the track can do? As I believe you lost a few meets in the same con ions??????????

Think , Mr H may well have saved a bit of cash , by not paying the travel and points money of the other Mr H's 4 foreign heat leaders . for a nothing meeting that not many people would attend

• Like 2

Why don't tracks just pay their own riders? It's something I've always wondered because it just sounds so much more simpler for each promoter to pay their own team rather than also having to pay a percentage of the visiting team's wages as well. There must be a reason but I can't think what it is.

Think is because if a team went 3, 4 or even 5 weeks without a home meeting (even more likely these days with SGP'S, SWC, EOC, Rain Offs Etc), they would be bankrupted having to pay their riders without a sausage coming in because of no home meetings. It had been banded around at previous year AGM'S but always got veto'd...

Why would they have to pay their riders though if there were no meetings? I thought riders were paid by how many points they scored so no matches means zero money to pay out? (Am I being really thick?!) :D

By jove I think I've got it now. If the riders were still riding away they would have to be paid by their own promoter who hadn't had any money coming in for weeks. Yes, I was being really thick but nothing new there. ;)

Edited by Gemini