British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Leicester (home & Away) 20&25th Oct

Should be a great day of speedway

Coventry v Leicester 12pm

Leicester v Coventry 6pm

The Buildbase Bees can confirm that they will be tracking as many of their first-team squad as possible, and the team will be completed by Coventry rider assets.

Admission prices for the home meeting will be £15 for adults, £13 for concessions and £5 for children aged 11-16. Season ticket holders admitted free of charge. Season tickets are also valid for the Brandonapolis on Friday October 18.

Coventry owner Mick Horton said: “This fixture has been on the cards for a couple of seasons now, and it should be a cracking day of action.

“Leicester will be strengthened considerably and I know they are set to announce a couple of surprise riders for the meetings.

Teams so far

Coventry select

Leicester select

1. Kasprzak (bit of a cheek)

2. Darkin

Should be a great day of speedway

Teams so far

Coventry select

Leicester select

1. Kasprzak (bit of a cheek)

2. Darkin

The teams look good.

• Like 1

Not many will look in this section though. :neutral:

I think it would be very fitting if the meetings over the two legs were for The Gemini Cup :t:

• Like 1

What a brilliant idea! :D I've still got my old red/yellow scarf tucked away in a drawer somewhere - as long as the moths haven't eaten it - so I might have to dig it out for the return match at Leicester.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this and hoping its an EL fixture next year. As for the team id assume Nicholls, Allen, Summers and Roynon will ride hopefully Zengota too.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Really looking forward to this and hoping its an EL fixture next year. As for the team id assume Nicholls, Allen, Summers and Roynon will ride hopefully Zengota too.

Is Roynon fit?

I'm looking forward to this too, as I haven't been to Coventry for a good many years. Just hope the weather forecasters have got it wrong!!

Is Roynon fit?

I have no idea can anyone keep up with Roynon fitness? Apparently Bomber rides for the Bees and KK and Hansen ride for Leicester.

If all goes to plan there will be another rider in the Leicester team who will be the No1 rider last I heard on Sunday they were awaiting confirmation from the rider but is a GP star

If all goes to plan there will be another rider in the Leicester team who will be the No1 rider last I heard on Sunday they were awaiting confirmation from the rider but is a GP star

Sounds interesting!

The line-ups will be announced later today.

• Like 1

COVENTRY and Leicester have named their teams for this Sunday’s East Midlands Bowl double-header – and a terrific day of action looks to be in prospect.

The Buildbase Bees host the first clash between the clubs at Brandon at midday, with the return at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium at 6pm.

As previously stated, the Bees have built their team based largely on their available squad members and club assets, whilst the Lions have bolstered their Premier League line-up with the addition of no fewer than three established top-flight heat-leaders.

Leicester are set to track star Danish duo Kenneth Bjerre and Hans Andersen, as well as Polish international Krzysztof Kasprzak who spent most of the season in Coventry colours.

Bees, meanwhile, are led as usual by Scott Nicholls, and 2013 regulars Grzegorz Zengota and Aaron Summers will be supplemented by Coventry assets Ryan Fisher and Ben Barker.

Coventry Storm captain James Sarjeant is rewarded for his efforts this season with a place at reserve, alongside guest rider Rohan Tungate.

Coventry promoter Mick Horton said: “This should be a fantastic day of speedway and with the line-ups that have been announced it’s looking very tasty indeed.

“I’m told the rivalry between Coventry and Leicester back in the day was immense with big, big crowds. Everyone has been waiting for this competition to take place and we’re expecting a good turn-out on Sunday.”

Admission prices for the Brandon fixture (midday start) are £15 for adults, £13 concessions and £5 for 11-16s with under-11s free. Season tickets are valid.

BUILDBASE BEES: Scott Nicholls, Aaron Summers, Grzegorz Zengota, Ryan Fisher, Ben Barker, Rohan Tungate, James Sarjeant.

LEICESTER: Kenneth Bjerre, Lasse Bjerre, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Kenneth Hansen, Hans Andersen, Kevin Doolan, Jan Graversen.

Those teams look good on paper! Shame Rohan and Ben aren't on opposing sides!!? :wink: