British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Leicester (home & Away) 20&25th Oct

Should be a tough challenge looking at our team, maybe possible lineup for next year

Obviously the Leicester top 3 look good but Coventrys bottom 4 look stronger. Hansen is one we should look at, being in the Brandonapolis and this fixure gives the promotion plenty of oppurtunities to watch him. Should be a decent match up.

No -- 6 Bees v 3 Lions. We're using our assets and Lions have obviously had to strengthen up. I'm looking forward to it but with the gaters in Leicester's team they should easily win at Beaumont Park.

• Like 1

3 Bees v 3 Lions and 8 guests. Farce.

It would have been a farce if Lions had used there normal line-up, of course they have to strengthed up to make it competitive. Nobody wants to see a one-sided match & it will be great to see riders we don't normally get to see. I for one am certainly looking forward to it.
  • Like 1

No -- 6 Bees v 3 Lions. We're using our assets and Lions have obviously had to strengthen up. I'm looking forward to it but with the gaters in Leicester's team they should easily win at Beaumont Park.

Three of our declared 1-7 are out injured of course...

It would have been a farce if Lions had used there normal line-up, of course they have to strengthed up to make it competitive. Nobody wants to see a one-sided match & it will be great to see riders we don't normally get to see. I for one am certainly looking forward to it.

Quite right. I can't wait to see Scotty Nichols, KK, Kenny Bjerre and Anderson at BP.

It's the end of the season, no point having pointless challenge matches with the PL side. At least this gives us an opitunity to see some of the worlds best in action and riding for the Lions at that. Who knows, might be sampling the goods before we buy for next season. Mind a team like that would be exceptional. Lets enjoy it for what it is, a match with world class performers.

• Like 1

......NeilWatson.....Three of our declared 1-7 are out injured of course...

I know that but LionsDen obviously doesn't. :wink: I actually usually agree with his posts but not in this case as I think he's being rather harsh. Not like a Leicester fan to have a moan. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

Surprised Tungate & Barker have taken these guest bookings with the P/O 2nd leg the following night.

All constructive comments welcome.....

The chances of that happening are.....Nil. :lol:

Incidentally there is already a thread running but it's in a strange section - Testimonials, Individuals and Shared Events. http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=74995&pid=2358285&st=15entry2358285

Why is it in there? We're Premier League!

It would have been relevant in the EL as well, but not where it's been put... oh well, shan't bother again...

Surprised Tungate & Barker have taken these guest bookings with the P/O 2nd leg the following night.

Barker i agree but Matt Ford wanted Tungate to prove his fitness even though he is announced in the side for Monday.

Looking at the amount of posts on this thread, perhaps this is an indication of the interest in this meeting.

However, all I can say, in regards to the disparity between the teams, is that it is a total and utter joke.

The Bees team averages, using current EL averages totals 37.9 and that is being generous by allocating James Sargeant a 3 point average when he is currently on an assessed 3 point average in the Premier League! In reality, James Sargeant's average is 1.8 (using PL to EL conversion) and that is generous!

In real-time Elite League averages, the Leicester team averages a whopping 42.52. This is calculated by using EL averages for Lasse Bjerre and an EL conversion for the averages of Kevin Doolan and Jan Graveson. I have also used Kenneth Hansen's last EL average.

How on earth did the Cov management allow Leicester to track Bjerre, Andersen and Kasprzak? All three riders have higher averages than our number 1!

I suppose the thought is that KK riding against Bees might put a few bums on seats but, to me, a Bees fan who has watched him underachieve all season, it just rubs our noses in it a bit more.

At least if you are going to put two select teams together, make them equal! I can't see this meeting being anything other than another twist of the knife to us Bees fans who have watched their side struggle all season.

What a joke!

• Like 3

why on earth is Barker riding after the way he behaved this year. thought Harris would have been included.

bit disappointed with the bees line up,

• Like 1