British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Lots of rain over Birmingham for the next few hours. Thank god for those Ronnie Russel track covers. Due to clear late this afternoon so plenty of time to get the track watered perfectly. :neutral:

Trying to be a weather expert again.

Think these covers have been a waste of money as no one seems to be using them. Did Poole have them down last weekend?

If it's postponed which is the likely hood tomorrow's weather is forecasted to be good would it be too much of an inconvenience to re-schedule it for tomorrow for all parties !

We will know in the next 15 minutes if tonights leg will go ahead.

Is that genuine or meerly speculation POP?

What is your source?

Would save us OAP's a trip and can also cancel our accommodation up to 1 o'clock.

Oh no, at the same time as the crucial England V Poland World Cup decider.

BSPA Vice Chairman Jon Cook deserves to present the winning medals. Poole wouldn’t have made the Play Offs if it wasn’t for Jon. His selfless decision not to object to an under strength Poole postponing the six pointer against his Lakeside side did indeed prove decisive - Lakeside would have been the Play Offs instead of Poole otherwise. Jon deserves huge praise for putting the good of speedway ahead of his own club.

• Like 3

We will know in the next 15 minutes if tonights leg will go ahead.

Meeting OFF - Tomorrow now.

That's gonna give SKY the viewing figures they need to show Speedway next year! A dead meeting up against England looking to qualify for the World cup!

Someone had better e-mail Eurosport...

Oh no, at the same time as the crucial England V Poland World Cup decider.

BSPA Vice Chairman Jon Cook deserves to present the winning medals. Poole wouldn’t have made the Play Offs if it wasn’t for Jon. His selfless decision not to object to an under strength Poole postponing the six pointer against his Lakeside side did indeed prove decisive - Lakeside would have been the Play Offs instead of Poole otherwise. Jon deserves huge praise for putting the good of speedway ahead of his own club.

Present the medals? I think he is going to get one when Poole win...

• Like 3

Is that genuine or meerly speculation POP?

What is your source?

Would save us OAP's a trip and can also cancel our accommodation up to 1 o'clock.

Confirmed off tonite - rescheduled for tomorrow at 7pm!!

Edited by Skidder1

Are these track covers the same ones Poole used this time last year when hundreds of Swindon fans travelled south on the Friday night only to find out the meeting was off when we got there??

• Like 5

i'd be surprised if viewing figures reach 4 figures tomorrow up against England v Poland

The Final nail in the Coffin with regards to Sky Sports coverage next year! :o

i'd be surprised if viewing figures reach 4 figures tomorrow up against England v Poland

The meeting and result will probably be all sorted before England kick off!!! :cheers:

Edited by Skidder1

I think many had similar thoughts when a televised meeting went up against what was practically a title decider a couple of seasons ago between Man City and Man Utd. I hear the viewing figures for the speedway were a pleasant surprise, so stranger things have happened :)

It's not definite that it will be screened yet is it ?

Sky Sports 4 I believe