British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

It was a shambles on a wet track that got you to the play-offs in the first place!

yes maybe but who is to say Poole would not have won had the match had to have been rerun. However, no doubt you all would have liked for the match not to be able to be run until after the play off cut off date.

yes maybe but who is to say Poole would not have won had the match had to have been rerun. However, no doubt you all would have liked for the match not to be able to be run until after the play off cut off date.

No - I believe what most people wanted was 'fair play' . Had it not been Poole, the meeting would almost certainly not have gone ahead. As it turned out, all and sundry bent over backwards until the 'right' result had been achieved and another nail had been hammered into the coffin of integrity that is speedway today.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 2

All to help the Pirates win "The Poole and District Sky Sports Elite League" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why let teams from up north in it anyway.

Edited by BuxtonTiger

I was looking forward to cheering the Pirates to victory tonight, but as the meeting's off and re-arranged for tomorrow, I shall now have to forego this pleasure as I will be watching the England game instead...

All to help the Pirates win "The Poole and District Sky Sports Elite League" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why let teams from up north in it anyway.

Oh dear. Here comes South v North. What rubbish. Would you say the same about other sports. We have no big soccer teams in the south west but what have the north got.

Not worried though. We are all part of the UK

From Nigel Pearson's twitter it looks as if Sky are planning to have the tie wrapped up for Poole before the football starts:

nigelpearson

21m

Catch an hour of top class Grand Final #speedway on Sky Sports 4 before the football Tues night. Brum v Poole for the title! @SkySpeedway

Edited by SFTG Nigel

I was looking forward to cheering the Pirates to victory tonight, but as the meeting's off and re-arranged for tomorrow, I shall now have to forego this pleasure as I will be watching the England game instead...

Watching a boring foregone conclusion football match in favour of a speedway title decider!You can record the football as i am doing.

Edited by foreverblue

I think the speedway is much more of a foregone conclusion than the football, though I will be watching the former myself.

• Like 1

im a speedway fan i will be watching my sport irrelevent that Poole will win.

Waiting to see if Matt Ford comes on my screen saying 'we couldnt run it on Monday due to track conditions' in the best interest of course

im a speedway fan i will be watching my sport irrelevent that Poole will win.

Waiting to see if Matt Ford comes on my screen saying 'we couldnt run it on Monday due to track conditions' in the best interest of course

give it up Gavan. We all know your views.

The rained off meeting is already likely to cost around an extra £5000 to cover now and if it had been put back until next Monday it would have been a further £3000 so yes on this occasion the costs did play a part into the restaging date. Also Sky were looking for some live sport other than football to go up against the football on ITV as there will still be a good number of loyal speedway viewers and also a good number recording to watch back later.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 3

give it up Gavan. We all know your views.

whats it got to do with my views dont see where you are coming from.

I wanted Birmingham to win. Probably not going to. Sorry if that offends you.

Was hoping to get me winnings tonite, gona have to wait another day now :-(

• Like 1

From Nigel Pearson's twitter it looks as if Sky are planning to have the tie wrapped up for Poole before the football starts:

He's being paid by Sky but he's saying to people "Just watch the first hour of Sky Speedway, and then turn over to a rival channel and watch football"

Wonder if Adrian Chiles will do an advert saying "Why not watch all the Speedway on Sky....you can still catch some of the football second half on ITV afterwards"?