British Speedway Forum

Dam bike was right in the way of Sally Nugents legs---i should have stayed in bed

• Like 1

A tidy little piece - but thats enough about Susanna what about the interview!

I thought Tai came across really well highlighting his family sacrifices his injury battle and his tats.

Good on ya fella!

• Like 1

On Tai's twitter, picture of the girl from BBC Sally on his bike........

Well done BBC,

Well done Tai, you came across very well.

Lets get him on Question of Sport........

Tai is being interviewed on Radio 4's flagship 'Today' programme as I write.

Tai has done a lot of good work for the sport this morning...

Now someone needs to keep him in the media focus thru the winter...

Be a shame to lose any awareness momentum he may be bringing...

Is he though going back to Oz for the winter?.

Drove by the BBC studios this morning and feel the need to complain. That woman, who said there were plenty of fans outside, she simply doesn't know what she is on about. They weren't speedway fans gathered; they were Eddie Stobart number plate collectors who had heard about some new truck being given a female name live in the studio.

Easy mistake to make... but Eddie fans' bobby hats are green, my love.

My complaint made... must say I just have my biro and chequebook out now, ready for renewing my BBC licence. Well worth the near £150 they want... even if I won't watch anything else all year on either of their channels.

I believe there were some red faces at the Beb not seen since darts player Jocky Wilson's fat-face was displayed on the background at Top Of The Pops in the 1980s when Dexy's Midnight Runners played their salute to Jackie Wilson!

Apparently viewing figures doubled when it was announced Tai was on the couch, many only tuning in cos they thought it was that geezer who sang Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport, mistaken for that other Australian in the news recently.

SKY = 100s hours' Live coverage all year = get slated for it and their efforts.

BBC = Tai on the couch = Dancing in the streets not seen since Eddie Stobart's new wagon was named.

Edited by moxey63

Tai has done a lot of good work for the sport this morning...

Now someone needs to keep him in the media focus thru the winter...

Be a shame to lose any awareness momentum he may be bringing...

Is he though going back to Oz for the winter?.

Well at least the BBC are showing some interest in the sport, even if fleetingly. It shows that a good news story will be picked up if your PR team are good enough and work hard enough. BUT, you have to chase them, they wont come to you unless you are in one of the major sports. The BSPA should now start work on a media campaign to promote the beginning of the 2014 season so they can get some momentum. I doubt they will though, which is the shame.

Drove by the BBC studios this morning and feel the need to complain. That woman, who said there were plenty of fans outside, she simply doesn't know what she is on about. They weren't speedway fans gathered; they were Eddie Stobart number plate collectors who had heard about some new truck being given a female name live in the studio.

My complaint made... must say I just have my biro and chequebook out now, ready for renewing my BBC licence. Well worth the near £150 they want... even if I won't watch anything else all year on either of their channels.

I believe there were some red faces at the Beb not seen since darts player Jocky Wilson's fat-face was displayed on the background at Top Of The Pops in the 1980s when Dexy's Midnight Runners played their salute to Jackie Wilson!

Apparently viewing figures doubled when it was announced Tai was on the couch, many only tuning in cos they thought it was that geezer who sang Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport, mistaken for that other Australian in the news recently.

SKY = 100s Live coverage all year = get slated for it.

BBC = Tai on the couch = Dancing in the streets not seen since Eddie Stobart's new wagon was named.

Is it just me that doesnt understand this?

• Like 1

SKY = 100s Live coverage all year = get slated for it.

Well at least the BBC are showing some interest in the sport, even if fleetingly. It shows that a good news story will be picked up if your PR team are good enough and work hard enough. BUT, you have to chase them, they wont come to you unless you are in one of the major sports. The BSPA should now start work on a media campaign to promote the beginning of the 2014 season so they can get some momentum. I doubt they will though, which is the shame.

Is it just me that doesnt understand this?

It's easy enough to undertand. It's now just under three hours since Tai Woffinden was on TV. All about speedway will be forgotten at the Beeb by mid-morning.

But, not necessarily on their TV channels, we'll have plenty of enjoyable TV programmes about the Stobart trucking empire over the winter months.

Read the main post carefully - it's designed to reflect that really the BBC have no interest at all in speedway. And when you take a good look at present day speedway it's easy to understand why.

Edited by Guest

Tai came over well. I was pleasantly surprised by how long the interview went on for. Will it add more to the terraces - I doubt it, but our well oiled publicity and promotion machine should be using today as a platform to build on. Problem is, I can't see that happening either.

Tai came over well. I was pleasantly surprised by how long the interview went on for. Will it add more to the terraces - I doubt it, but our well oiled publicity and promotion machine should be using today as a platform to build on. Problem is, I can't see that happening either.

Thank you for advising of the underlined. I hadn't previously noticed it but will watch for it in the future! :icon_smile_clown:

After making sure I was awake to watch the BBC breakfast item, I went and missed it. But I switched over to BBC News 24 and caught the 8.45am interview.

This was an interview of maybe 3 or 4 minutes. Tai saying how his family had emigrated to Aus, he started riding there aged12, and they all moved back to England and lived in a caravan for 3 years to support his career. Explained how he'd broken his collarbone twice and carried on riding. No mention of his tattoos.

He came across well.

• Like 1

Thank you for advising of the underlined. I hadn't previously noticed it but will watch for it in the future! :icon_smile_clown:

And if you find it, I think we'd all be interested to find out where it's been hiding for the past decade!!