British Speedway Forum

Phillips & Luty were joint owners of club but it was 100% Luty's cash. So if he's out of the picture where will Phillips get funds from? he indicated during season club was skint. Big risk for anyone who signs for them.

Has Phillips proven to BSPA he has funds to finance club?

I believe that CL pulled the financial plug in July,hence the press releases about attendances.

Don't you have to put forward a financial bond to declare the intent of running next season?If so,who has put up this financial bond for Brum to continue?

What's the point in having an answer to that question unless there's someone ready to take over ?, woulden't reflect good on the BSPA to force an owner out regardless of whether he's considered suitable or not, then have the club fold as no one steps into the breach.

Tony Mole was told he'd bought it last week only for the encumbants to change their minds!

There is a wider responsibility focused on the integrity of the sport and the protection of Birmingham speedway's stakeholders e.g. what guarantee is there that the riders will get paid?

Think you will find the GRA are more concerned than riders, once they're squared who knows, even though they need the revenue they have been burnt plenty by Speedway Promoters except Mole.

I believe that CL pulled the financial plug in July,hence the press releases about attendances.

Don't you have to put forward a financial bond to declare the intent of running next season?If so,who has put up this financial bond for Brum to continue?

You are correct but I think you will find the BSPA have been working to keep Brum in business in the mistaken belief that new Promoters were coming in.

Tony Mole was told he'd bought it last week only for the encumbants to change their minds!

Think you will find the GRA are more concerned than riders, once they're squared who knows, even though they need the revenue they have been burnt plenty by Speedway Promoters except Mole.

You are correct but I think you will find the BSPA have been working to keep Brum in business in the mistaken belief that new Promoters were coming in.

Whisperer,what happened to your post from last night(approx 9pm)which has been deleted?A little too close to the truth me thinks! ;)

I do wonder why Alan Phillips chose to stay in that case, he must know the fans and riders alike need convincing all the issues are in the past which would be hard enough to do without any other problems, and Tony Mole offered him a way out, why not take it ? :neutral:

BCTG which have sponsored Brummies the last 2 seasons are to sponsor Brummies in 2014... Director of said company is Chris Luty...are you confused?.. I am..... confused.com will be busy

Edited by Nigel

Whisperer,what happened to your post from last night(approx 9pm)which has been deleted?A little too close to the truth me thinks! ;)

The megalomania I was posting about clearly played a part! No problem though it's all jolly hockey sticks now - really?

• Like 1

potentially liable comments will be removed.

Phillips & Luty were joint owners of club but it was 100% Luty's cash. So if he's out of the picture where will Phillips get funds from? he indicated during season club was skint. Big risk for anyone who signs for them.
Has Phillips proven to BSPA he has funds to finance club?

If you look at the other companies they have plenty of cash.

" There is a long term plan in place to build on the success of last season a club based on togetherness and financial stability. "[/size]

sounds like a belle vue press release, in all honesty the fact the team has survived is good news.[/size]

i wouldnt expect much next year, most riders will see where they can get before committing to a non paying club, we would all do the same![/size]

Swindon have been accused of being non-paying for a while now. They still managed to put together two pretty good sides over the last two seasons.

BCTG which have sponsored Brummies the last 2 seasons are to sponsor Brummies in 2014... Director of said company is Chris Luty...are you confused?.. I am..... confused.com will be busy

.........as is Alan Phillips I believe! Even more confused?

Swindon have been accused of being non-paying for a while now. They still managed to put together two pretty good sides over the last two seasons.

lets see how swindon get on this year, anderson already gone!

you have to accept surely that if you were in that position, you would try any other employer first, its common sense really!

I think it would be in the best interests of the club if everyone got behind Alan Philips to push forward. What is the point in making negative comments about him and his efforts to retain control of something that he is passionate about.

Edited by crazy jack
  • Like 2

.........as is Alan Phillips I believe! Even more confused?

I blame old age ...........All I can say is there are some very talented and creative accountants about. In some cases losses can be very advantageous, the said company is not a charitable institution. and I dont believe in fairy godmothers.

lets see how swindon get on this year, anderson already gone!

you have to accept surely that if you were in that position, you would try any other employer first, its common sense really!

But Swindon have changed promoters, no doubt they will get riders with 2 bikes ;)

Talking of riders I hope we dont end up with Nicholls :o

I feel for you bluejam. Every time I read this thread it seems the stink form Brum gets smellier.. :(

Despite Alan Phillips pledging to stay on the club is still in turmoil, It would have been better if he allowed Tony Mole to take the club back imo that is, Even Drury is thinking over the offer to take over team affairs again! Bring Back Phil Morris and let people run the club who understand the sport I still fear for the Brummies under Phillips, I appreciate he has put his time and money into the club but it is all going pear shaped and needs a change.

• Like 1