British Speedway Forum

Yet Workington have 3 :/

Workington aren't in the Elite League!

Workington aren't in the Elite League!

Makes no difference these days with some riders having to give EL priority. Stupid that all 7 from a PL team can double up.

Just watched the playoffs again this morning skorniki comes out with a fair bit of credit for the wolves I won't mind seeing him at pb he was 100% all the way to the finish ... on another note forgot how dissapointing danny king was over the four matches he came off 5 times

Just watched the playoffs again this morning skorniki comes out with a fair bit of credit for the wolves I won't mind seeing him at pb he was 100% all the way to the finish ... on another note forgot how dissapointing danny king was over the four matches he came off 5 times

Trying too hard!

Skornicki would be a great signing for Birmingham and a rider that is fully committed and has strong links in the area.

The problem Brummies may have is finding a 5 point rider that doesn't need to double up as they already have Barker and Kennett filling those spaces. Maybe someone like Mrozcka or Anderson or even Timo Lahti who is a proven scorer and could be a bargain on 4.80

If the choice was between Timo Lahti on a 4.80 average and Nico Covatti on 4.50, I would opt for Nico every time, even on the lower starting average.

If the choice was between Timo Lahti on a 4.80 average and Nico Covatti on 4.50, I would opt for Nico every time, even on the lower starting average.

Hmmm, Timo would be the better choice, Yes Timo maybe went back a bit, but Nico didnt progress as much as i expected, so there is proven improvement in Timo, whereas with Nico he has yet to prove he can do it.

Sort of agree with that, Nico's something of an unknown as to how much improvement he has in him, send him to a PL side and if he does well we can recall him in 2015.

• Like 1

Really.

Brummies fans were saying that Nico was going to be the biggest improver pre season but IMHO didn't really add anything like i and so many expected.

Would be Lahti with considerable ease if it was a straight choice.

Skornicki would be a great signing for Birmingham and a rider that is fully committed and has strong links in the area.

The problem Brummies may have is finding a 5 point rider that doesn't need to double up as they already have Barker and Kennett filling those spaces. Maybe someone like Mrozcka or Anderson or even Timo Lahti who is a proven scorer and could be a bargain on 4.80

Couldnt agree more about Skornicki, would be very happy if we signed him. :)

The last rider would be more tricky, best is Dennis Andersson but get the feeling hes a rider we probably cant afford given the budget we are working under. I think Nico needs to go out on loan in the Premier League next year, Graham Drury has missed a trick by not allowing him to do PL and EL next year which I feel would be a benefit to him. I'm uneasy about him riding full time brummies when he hardly rides in Europe, lack of meetings was his problem last year.

Lahti would be a decent option, good second string, might stick half a point on that average.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

The delay does seem puzzling considering just about anyone decent has already gone.

Really.

Brummies fans were saying that Nico was going to be the biggest improver pre season but IMHO didn't really add anything like i and so many expected.

Would be Lahti with considerable ease if it was a straight choice.

Actually, he was doing well until broke his wrist in the summer. After that, he wasn't the same force.